Educational

Author Topic: Narcissistic Word Salad - Whoah  (Read 3034 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Narcissistic Word Salad - Whoah
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2018, 02:58:33 AM »
But do you feel deflated and bewildered by it?

The point of the behaviour - the avalanche of words, the insults, the accusations, the morally superior tone, is to make a target feel deflated and bewildered.

The fact that I am not actually deflated and bewildered by it doesn't alter the pattern of behaviour. I am not vulnerable because I am aware of the pattern and intent of the behaviour that is directed at me. I hope that others have found this thread a useful tool in coping with such behaviour.

It's both helpful and entertaining.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2018, 02:59:08 AM »
But do you feel deflated and bewildered by it?

The point of the behaviour - the avalanche of words, the insults, the accusations, the morally superior tone, is to make a target feel deflated and bewildered.

The fact that I am not actually deflated and bewildered by it doesn't alter the pattern of behaviour. I am not vulnerable because I am aware of the pattern and intent of the behaviour that is directed at me. I hope that others have found this thread a useful tool in coping with such behaviour.

You do get that this is NOT AFF.. It is not a support forum.
You get too that you are no more a mindreader than you are a psychologist and that your efforts not too share what you want people to think about me, but to try to push that ideology is not based out of sharing or morality?

Yes I do.

And I can call you out on being the low-life hypocrite that you are.

And I can share whatever information I want.

I understand perfectly.

Funny how you tell me I'm not a mind reader. I'm not trying to read your mind, I'm simply aware of your behaviour and if I can share information that helps others to be aware of your behaviour... it's all good.

You are the one who tells me what I'm thinking and who starts threads that provide insight into the thought processes of others. You are the one who claims to be a mind reader. Hypocrite.

Indeed you can make any assertion you like bit it will still not make this a support forum. You can push any ideological position but if you pretend you were simply sharing it, you will get exposed. If you are a lying little sycophant your slimy little intrigues will get exposed and you efforts at extending an opinion or narrative as fact will demand it is backed.

You are a paper tiger, you Goofy Mother Fucker
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2018, 03:06:47 AM »
I notice that you back your assertion with walls of largely indecipherable gobbledygook. It is difficult to point out the flaws in your reasoning and the holes in your evidence when it's near impossible to work out what the fuck you are saying most of the time.

And you will notice that I have shared information. Sharing information is not an assertion shit-for-brains. Slimy little intrigues? What the fuck are you talking about? For anyone apart from the odd flying monkey who has fallen for your bullshit butthurt monologues and twisted versions of reality, you sound addled.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2018, 03:18:56 AM »
I notice that you back your assertion with walls of largely indecipherable gobbledygook. It is difficult to point out the flaws in your reasoning and the holes in your evidence when it's near impossible to work out what the fuck you are saying most of the time.

And you will notice that I have shared information. Sharing information is not an assertion shit-for-brains. Slimy little intrigues? What the fuck are you talking about? For anyone apart from the odd flying monkey who has fallen for your bullshit butthurt monologues and twisted versions of reality, you sound addled.

I never stated you had the intellectual goods to attempt such an objective. Don't pester me about your shortcomings
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2018, 07:54:59 AM »
Is anyone here feeling deflated, bewildered and confused, while being made out to be an abuser?

It was late and it was the best I could find ATM pertaining to the "victim" mentally (poor me) that comes with NPD.

This usually applies more to relationships...a person normally gets involved with a narcissist because they themselves are many times lacking self-esteem. Narcissists take turns pumping you up and cutting you down. When you start calling them out on their shitty actions...the "poor me, I'm being picked on you're being mean to me" comes into play...compassion kicks in, you question your sanity and maybe your reasoning...and so the cycle repeats itself.

Personally I'm okay here in that respect at this time in my life...and pretty comfortable with who I am.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2018, 11:01:25 AM »

Odd. I had assumed it was to evoke pity.

A reasonable assessment as MOSW, IQ and Odeon tend to conflate multiple intentions that are sometimes at odds with each other.

At some point it needs to be questioned which narrative is correct.OR come to the conclusion they are metaphorically throwing everything at the wall without regard to honesty, to see what will stick

The piece I don't get (still) is regarding the 'agreement'. Yes, I vaguely remember this that and the other about getting
you out of herr diktator's punishment chamber (which I have lots of problems with to begin with).

Was a part of that that he never mention your spawn?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2018, 12:36:54 PM »
I'm curious as to where we need to "exactly" draw the line mentioning our kids and family?

Don't ever mention the word daughter or son?
Only don't mention it to someone who we feel wants to argue with us?
Don't mention it to people if you don't know where you stand on the above?
Only mention it if someone else brings it up first?
Put both words in the swear filter just in case, one of us old farts fucks it up?

Since we seem to do it frequently, because our families ARE a big part of our lives. We share some of their trials and achievements without a second though, and others share in that...sometimes we get frustrated as parents and we vent, other's offer something helpful or vent along with us.

My understanding was we don't bring them into arguments as tools to use against us, use them as weapons, or in other harmful derogatory ways. Basically: Keep it personal.

I honestly did not see that from the get go on this...I saw an off hand remark asking someone to reflect on their personal life experience, and would that, or would that not...change things?

Parents ask other parents this all the time...we ask to gain reflection from politicians, doctors, our parents, parents of kids like ours...sometimes to understand their viewpoint, sometimes in an attempt for them to understand ours.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 12:54:07 PM by Icequeen »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2018, 12:50:52 PM »
That's what I thought I did. Al obviously disagrees.

Thing is, I don't know what he is like as a parent, but from what I've read, he loves his daughter and would do pretty much anything for her. I respect that and have no reason whatsoever to doubt it. I have a daughter, too, and so that, I've thought in the past, is common ground.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2018, 02:17:11 PM »
Is anyone here feeling deflated, bewildered and confused, while being made out to be an abuser?

It was late and it was the best I could find ATM pertaining to the "victim" mentally (poor me) that comes with NPD.

This usually applies more to relationships...a person normally gets involved with a narcissist because they themselves are many times lacking self-esteem. Narcissists take turns pumping you up and cutting you down. When you start calling them out on their shitty actions...the "poor me, I'm being picked on you're being mean to me" comes into play...compassion kicks in, you question your sanity and maybe your reasoning...and so the cycle repeats itself.

Personally I'm okay here in that respect at this time in my life...and pretty comfortable with who I am.

As are we all. None of us are likely in relationships person with NPD and I have yet to see anyone on this board say "poor me, poor me" about anything.

Looks suspiciously to me like you are talking out of your arse
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:58:53 PM by Al Swearengen »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2018, 02:55:30 PM »
You're not in a relationship, are you?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2018, 03:00:18 PM »

Are ANY of us in relationships with people with  NPD? I don't think so

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2018, 03:02:12 PM »

Are ANY of us in relationships with people with  NPD? I don't think so

You do love yourself, though.

- Albert Einstein

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2018, 03:05:38 PM »
Was that a joke?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2018, 03:06:06 PM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2018, 03:24:23 PM »
I'm curious as to where we need to "exactly" draw the line mentioning our kids and family?

Don't ever mention the word daughter or son?
Only don't mention it to someone who we feel wants to argue with us?
Don't mention it to people if you don't know where you stand on the above?
Only mention it if someone else brings it up first?
Put both words in the swear filter just in case, one of us old farts fucks it up?

Since we seem to do it frequently, because our families ARE a big part of our lives. We share some of their trials and achievements without a second though, and others share in that...sometimes we get frustrated as parents and we vent, other's offer something helpful or vent along with us.

My understanding was we don't bring them into arguments as tools to use against us, use them as weapons, or in other harmful derogatory ways. Basically: Keep it personal.

I honestly did not see that from the get go on this...I saw an off hand remark asking someone to reflect on their personal life experience, and would that, or would that not...change things?

Parents ask other parents this all the time...we ask to gain reflection from politicians, doctors, our parents, parents of kids like ours...sometimes to understand their viewpoint, sometimes in an attempt for them to understand ours.

That's what I thought I did. Al obviously disagrees.

Thing is, I don't know what he is like as a parent, but from what I've read, he loves his daughter and would do pretty much anything for her. I respect that and have no reason whatsoever to doubt it. I have a daughter, too, and so that, I've thought in the past, is common ground.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Think those might be too developed for him.

But I'm sure he'll clarify any day now.

Who has posted the most nude or semi-nude pictures of women on here and.have the majority of the breasts of these women been developed?

What are the answers and do they support your assertion above?

I don't think you do understand, actually. You can't simply agree with me, these days, so you choose to be intellectually dishonest yourself. You know perfectly well it wasn't about the boob size but wanting Scrap to clarify his earlier comments was and remains out of the question for you since it's me reminding him.

Cowardly and disappointing (I seem to recall you have a daughter) but not unexpected. :thumbdn:

Yes It is more than clear you were not sharing mutual societal roles or bonding over mutual parental roles.

You were upset that I had given a very tame rebuke to a ridiculous assertion you made at Scrap. It was ridiculous by any logic. But because I did that you got angry enough to be insidious. I was rejecting an assertion you made at Scrap which in your mind was defending his character in general, and therefore defending in addition to what I was pointing out was ridiculous, everything else you had said about him regardless of whether or not I had said a damn thing on any of those positions.

You were sharing mutual societal roles or bonding over mutual parental roles you were attacking me and you were using my daughter in this process. You were effectively saying.

"What you have just said is cowardly and disappointing BECAUSE you have a daughter and BECAUSE you have a daughter you ought to share my opinion and NOT state opinions that you have BECAUSE a Father ought to behave in a "better" manner AND not doing so devalues your role (and thus your parenting ability) as a Father.

No I get it. It WAS personal. I know why you said it. I know where it comes from. It was just wrong, ill-advised and broke a truce Py and others fought for. You DO NOT EVER use MY daughter to attack me and I do not give a damn your justifications.