Educational

Author Topic: The facts about Trump’s policy of separating families at the border  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: The facts about Trump’s policy of separating families at the border
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2018, 11:59:14 AM »
Now what and whom was this directed at?
It doesn't matter. It doesn't take much to predict how the coat would be interpreted on that particular day. If the children she was on the way to visit were not the message target, then she's clueless and may have advisors who don't truly serve her interests. This was not only a high visibility issue, but also the first time Trump has backed down on anything. Her situation with the coat is entirely of her own making, and any claim of being misunderstood only makes her look very dumb.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2018, 04:19:23 PM »
Jack, can you hand on heart claim that the media was EVER not going to spin her visit as badly intended and question her motives in a way they would have never have done with Michelle Obama?

You know they were always going to and big names with bazillion followers were always going to be nasty.

If that is a given, and it is. Why bother making a good impression. Why not tell them to go fuck themselves? Do they desrrve better. Has their past behaciour earned that?

Serious question
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2018, 04:22:16 PM »

a) Children at the border?
b) Immigrants in general at the border?
c) people in general?
d) the media who have been arseholes to her and reporting all kinds of bullshit about her?

ONE choice and if it is anything but d) you are a lying immoral ideologue.

So tell me how well you summed that up and tell me the real context.

Learn to ignore me Al, it's easier.

Better idea. I will respond to whatever and whomever I like as I have for the last 10 year, irrespective of any wish, command or suggestion from you.

Soes that sound reasonable?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2018, 04:31:14 PM »
Jack, can you hand on heart claim that the media was EVER not going to spin her visit as badly intended and question her motives in a way they would have never have done with Michelle Obama?

You know they were always going to and big names with bazillion followers were always going to be nasty.

If that is a given, and it is. Why bother making a good impression. Why not tell them to go fuck themselves? Do they desrrve better. Has their past behaciour earned that?

Serious question
Then maybe she should have wrote, screw the media, on the back of her shirt. If she really made such a stupid mistake, then it's hers to own.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2018, 05:20:34 PM »

Serious question
Then maybe she should have wrote, screw the media, on the back of her shirt. If she really made such a stupid mistake, then it's hers to own.

Again, if it was not this it would be something else. You may think she deserves everything she gets or only in this instance but I would dare you to say that with the constant scrunity and hate sirectes at her, that in the same position you would not have done any "mistake".

Hell, I feel really sorry for her. Why do the press and social media tear her to shreds? It isn't because SHE decided to be President. It is not her being her, because she did not cop crap when she was married to Trump before he ran for President. So what then? The reason they do is because she loves her husband and her husband is President and they don't like it.

Fucking petty, isn't it?

She has nothing to have to own apart from being human and I reckon I can forgive her that much

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2018, 05:48:07 PM »

Serious question

I think the media's been pretty light on her.

Then again, I thought the jacket was hilarious. Of course, I also see the holocaust as one of the greatest jokes of all time....

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2018, 06:43:59 PM »
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2018, 06:46:23 PM »
It doesn't matter. It doesn't take much to predict how the coat would be interpreted on that particular day. If the children she was on the way to visit were not the message target, then she's clueless and may have advisors who don't truly serve her interests. This was not only a high visibility issue, but also the first time Trump has backed down on anything. Her situation with the coat is entirely of her own making, and any claim of being misunderstood only makes her look very dumb.

Virtual +1 and then some.

Surely someone on her team should have spotted that and suggested a different jacket for the day?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2018, 07:14:44 PM »

Better idea. I will respond to whatever and whomever I like as I have for the last 10 year, irrespective of any wish, command or suggestion from you.

Soes that sound reasonable?

Perfectly.  >:D

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2018, 08:37:37 PM »
Fucking petty, isn't it?
Sure, but not any more petty than journalists calling Michelle Obama a tranny, saying she's too fat to care about child obesity, calling her the bitter half, and criticizing every piece of clothing she wore while dubbing her the worst dressed first lady in history. First ladies actually get quite a bit of sympathy from the general public when harshly criticized for nothing. This isn't a situation of nothing. The coat was clearly deliberate. The best thing Melania Trump can do is to continue to maintain a level of class, so that means not walking around with big stupid signs scrawled on her back. Unfortunately, some lessons are harshly learned.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2018, 08:48:31 PM »

Virtual +1 and then some.

Surely someone on her team should have spotted that and suggested a different jacket for the day?
Absolutely. It's like that speech writer who wrote her that horrible speech, rickrolling her and plagiarizing Michelle Obama in front of the whole world. Couldn't help but feel bad for her for that.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2018, 10:39:45 PM »
Considering the state of Russian orphanages, she probably thinks the immigrant kids have it good.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2018, 11:01:05 PM »
Considering the state of Russian orphanages, she probably thinks the immigrant kids have it good.

She isn't Russian?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2018, 11:14:10 PM »
Fucking petty, isn't it?
Sure, but not any more petty than journalists calling Michelle Obama a tranny, saying she's too fat to care about child obesity, calling her the bitter half, and criticizing every piece of clothing she wore while dubbing her the worst dressed first lady in history. First ladies actually get quite a bit of sympathy from the general public when harshly criticized for nothing. This isn't a situation of nothing. The coat was clearly deliberate. The best thing Melania Trump can do is to continue to maintain a level of class, so that means not walking around with big stupid signs scrawled on her back. Unfortunately, some lessons are harshly learned.

Which reporters or those talking heads associiated said that Michelle is a transperson?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2018, 11:30:20 PM »
Fucking petty, isn't it?

QFT

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein