Author Topic: Why can't we hate niggers??  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Why can't we hate niggers??
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 08:27:19 PM »
Don't understand that. If the language is worth self-censoring, then why use the words in the first place?

Paranoia that there's a filter of sorts that picks up words like fuck or rape.

Some workplaces have that.

Got into the habit emailing friends from work who do the same thing.

More habit than a real belief that there is some crude filter on the network emailing my boss details of my naughty word usage.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 09:07:20 PM »
I see.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 01:34:21 AM »
Oh well...just like you I don't always stick entirely to the subject. ;)

Don't get me wrong, it was well written and entirely sensible. Better by far than much of what you share on here. Hard to disagree with any point. Just fuck all to do with anything.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2018, 05:30:34 AM »
Standing up for yourself and speaking up for change is what I mean...that does not equal uncontrolled hysteria.  :wanker:

Well, as we have seen with the #metoo movement, the former degenerates into the latter. Once you create the culture of outrage, no one can control it, that's how witch hunts work. They start out legitimate, then the mob gets drunk on power.

I was a Hillary supporter, because I personally considered her the lesser of two evils...not because I agreed with everything she did. I didn't.

There was far more than just those two shitheads running for president you know. Gary Johnson and Jill Stein were both fairly ethical people who deserved every vote they got. If the American people could just let go of the two party system, the quality of our politicians would improve dramatically.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2018, 08:51:58 AM »

There was far more than just those two shitheads running for president you know. Gary Johnson and Jill Stein were both fairly ethical people who deserved every vote they got. If the American people could just let go of the two party system, the quality of our politicians would improve dramatically.

Ask yourself when was the last time a 3rd party candidate EVER won an election for president?

They had about as much chance of winning as I do winning the lottery.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 09:03:21 AM »
Women need to step up to the plate here too. This shit just didn't happen overnight. People needed to start being outraged years ago.

I agree with most of what you say but....

Yes, it didn't just happen overnight. But criticizing women for putting up with that sh1t for all those years is a bit like Kanye West saying "slavery was a choice".

Women learned to keep quiet and put up with sh1t because the consequences of speaking up were often dire. When I was a kid, it was an unwritten rule that the police didn't get involved in domestic "situations", it wasn't a policeman's job to tell a man how to treat his family. Even now the options for women in those situations are limited. Allowing your husband to treat you like sh1t in front of your kids was often preferable to speaking up and telling him that treating you like that is not acceptable - and getting your face beat in.

Speaking up about a man in a position of power groping you or r*ping you was often a career-ending move, with zero consequences for the man involved who knew exactly what he was doing and exactly how to get away with it. Even now... it's starting to change, but there are still plenty of regressive attitudes around. There's a long way to go.

Agreed, I probably should have rephrased that last part.

I remember all too well when even saying the words "sexual harassment" out loud at the workplace was your ticket to the unemployment line...and still is in some cases.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2018, 12:35:56 PM »
Ask yourself when was the last time a 3rd party candidate EVER won an election for president?

Abraham Lincoln.

That's besides the point though, when the two major parties give you a choice between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich, the voter SHOULD revolt by voting 3rd party.

That's what I did.   8)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2018, 04:20:44 PM »

Abraham Lincoln.

That's besides the point though, when the two major parties give you a choice between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich, the voter SHOULD revolt by voting 3rd party.

That's what I did.   8)

I ask myself what I'd rather live with and which one will create the least damage...the douche or the turd sandwich. Because I know revolting isn't going to change the choices on the menu and I know I'll be eating one of them eventually.

No one cares that some 50 year old housewife revolted by voting for some third party that you won't even remember the name of in 5 years when they're choking on the turd and the douche might have went down a hell of a lot easier and not attacked your healthcare.

Lincoln was a Republican. He changed parties and jumped ship for a more popular party as did many others when the Whigs started their death rattle.

Part of politics is like being in a big popularity contest, you're either hanging out with the other popular kids or no one remembers your name.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2018, 05:05:16 PM »
I ask myself what I'd rather live with and which one will create the least damage...the douche or the turd sandwich. Because I know revolting isn't going to change the choices on the menu and I know I'll be eating one of them eventually.

And as long as everyone thinks like that, we will be mired in the 2 party system and only have the choice between the lesser of 2 evils.

Part of politics is like being in a big popularity contest, you're either hanging out with the other popular kids or no one remembers your name.

Oh, please!! You're not rubbing shoulders with any of these people. Hitlary doesn't know who you are or gives a fuck.

This was a national election FFS! Your vote really didn't count, no one person's vote does.

Elections nowadays are all about money, name recognition and generating publicity. Sheeple will simply follow.  :sheep:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2018, 06:56:48 PM »
As long as people keep telling themselves that no one vote matters, nothing's gonna change.

Chomsky says the US political system is effectively a one-party system with two factions of the pro-business party. Or something like that. I don't think it's just America that's like that, it's a lot like that in Australia as well. People are starting to say "I don't like the sh1t you're serving up, I'm gonna vote for some other sh1t that you're telling me not to vote for". We're seeing the rise of the protest vote around the world - not so much people voting for real change, but voting in a way that they feel tells the establishment that they are pissed off.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2018, 07:06:54 PM »
Women need to step up to the plate here too. This shit just didn't happen overnight. People needed to start being outraged years ago.

I agree with most of what you say but....

Yes, it didn't just happen overnight. But criticizing women for putting up with that sh1t for all those years is a bit like Kanye West saying "slavery was a choice".

Women learned to keep quiet and put up with sh1t because the consequences of speaking up were often dire. When I was a kid, it was an unwritten rule that the police didn't get involved in domestic "situations", it wasn't a policeman's job to tell a man how to treat his family. Even now the options for women in those situations are limited. Allowing your husband to treat you like sh1t in front of your kids was often preferable to speaking up and telling him that treating you like that is not acceptable - and getting your face beat in.

Speaking up about a man in a position of power groping you or r*ping you was often a career-ending move, with zero consequences for the man involved who knew exactly what he was doing and exactly how to get away with it. Even now... it's starting to change, but there are still plenty of regressive attitudes around. There's a long way to go.

Agreed, I probably should have rephrased that last part.

I remember all too well when even saying the words "sexual harassment" out loud at the workplace was your ticket to the unemployment line...and still is in some cases.

I'm inclined to agree with what I think is your sentiment on the article. Hating men isn't going to solve anything, and it's a broader social issue anyway that has been perpetuated for an extremely long time by both genders. Men (mostly) are responsible for their own actions, for sure, but women need to stop enabling it. And there is positive change happening.

We are slowly moving in the right direction, you're not going to change such fundamental aspects of our cultures in one generation, but stupid articles like this "let's hate all men, they deserve it" cr@p are what I'd call regressive feminism. Because it puts offside the very people whose attitudes you need to change.

I can't remember the last time I saw a woman groped or harassed at work, it's been years. Or heard the girls mutter about some manager or colleague who was a bit too hands-on. And that change is a good thing. I'm sure it still goes on though, but in more subtle ways.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2018, 07:17:13 PM »
As long as people keep telling themselves that no one vote matters, nothing's gonna change.

Chomsky says the US political system is effectively a one-party system with two factions of the pro-business party. Or something like that. I don't think it's just America that's like that, it's a lot like that in Australia as well. People are starting to say "I don't like the sh1t you're serving up, I'm gonna vote for some other sh1t that you're telling me not to vote for". We're seeing the rise of the protest vote around the world - not so much people voting for real change, but voting in a way that they feel tells the establishment that they are pissed off.

This argument bolsters my voting for 3rd parties.

The 1st presidential election that I could vote in, I voted for Ross Perot.

I continue to vote for 3rd parties.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2018, 09:16:52 PM »

Oh, please!! You're not rubbing shoulders with any of these people. Hitlary doesn't know who you are or gives a fuck.

This was a national election FFS! Your vote really didn't count, no one person's vote does.

Elections nowadays are all about money, name recognition and generating publicity. Sheeple will simply follow.  :sheep:

I meant the candidates not me.  :wanker:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2018, 09:28:31 PM »

I can't remember the last time I saw a woman groped or harassed at work, it's been years. Or heard the girls mutter about some manager or colleague who was a bit too hands-on. And that change is a good thing. I'm sure it still goes on though, but in more subtle ways.

Wish I could say the same.

In some parts of western Pa I think time has stood still since the 50's. :P

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2018, 10:45:17 PM »

Wish I could say the same.

In some parts of western Pa I think time has stood still since the 50's. :P

That sucks.

So HR departments don't give a sh1t?

I remember seeing it and hearing about it a lot in the 80s and 90s. All my jobs in Australia since then I've never seen or heard any sign of that sort of thing going on. I guess it used to be something that would go on brazenly and people would say "oh yeah, that guy, he's a member of the Wandering Hands Society" and swap stories about who was getting harrassed by who. Has the dynamic where you are changed? Is it more covert, are people less able to speak openly about it? In the past at least people spoke openly about it, even though nothing ever got done about it.

At my last job I remember helping the secretary carry some heavy stuff to her car. We were chatting, I was talking about my wife, I guess I do that with ladies I don't know very well because I'm worried that if I make small talk about other stuff it might sound like I'm trying to chat them up. And this was the first time I'd actually chatted with her. She was fairly attractive, Indian (subcontinent) or mixed Indian and skinny with huge implants. She asked if she could give me a hug and she gave me a really good squeeze, it felt like hugging a really skinny person and having a couple of over-inflated basketballs in the middle. It was a bit weird and if I went around asking girls at work if I could give them a hug I'd expect to get into a lot of trouble with HR. But yeah, the dynamic is completely different when it's the female initiating physical contact, there's no sense of pressure for it to lead to something else or threat or danger or anything like that like sometimes there is when it's the other way around.

The other time was when a really good friend asked if he could give me a hug on his last day at work. He was very gay, about my age though so he didn't talk about his love life like younger gay guys tend to do these days (and no problem with that, it's just a generational thing). He was about a quarter of my size and it was very platonic. I really like that we live in a time where it's not a big deal any more, at least not here in Sydney (there were a series of jokes doing the rounds a few years ago: "you know you're living in Sydney when...." and one of the funnier ones was "you know you're living in Sydney when your hairdresser is straight but your plumber is gay".)

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot about the company I worked for in the 2000s. A guy tried to Harvey one of the trainers when they were both working at a client site in Europe. This was in 2002. She told me about it a couple of years later and before she even said anything I knew who it was, the guy was an extremely intelligent high-functioning sociopath, initially charming but a major sneaky @sshole.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:53:21 PM by Minister of silly walks »