Author Topic: How do you imagine fellow I^2 members IRL  (Read 449 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
How do you imagine fellow I^2 members IRL
« on: June 10, 2018, 06:33:26 PM »
Pappy I imagine with the voice and mannerisms of Joe Pesci in one of his gangster roles. Although Pappy would be taller.

There is only one way I can picture Al:

Someone on another forum thought I would look and sound like M Night Shyamalan. I really liked that.

I know what Calandale looks and sounds like but that doesn't at all match how I picture him. I imagine someone in their late twenties to early thirties, sandy or reddish hair, attentive and witty.

It'd be interesting to see how our mental images match up with reality.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: How do you imagine fellow I^2 members IRL
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 06:53:39 PM »

I know what Calandale looks and sounds like but that doesn't at all match how I picture him. I imagine someone in their late twenties to early thirties, sandy or reddish hair, attentive and witty.

Sadly, I have never been terribly attentive nor witty. My brain runs just a wee bit too slow IRL.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 09:02:17 PM »
I always imagined Al as more like his avatar than the one IRL photo I've seen of him.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 04:12:59 AM »
Pappy I imagine with the voice and mannerisms of Joe Pesci in one of his gangster roles. Although Pappy would be taller.

There is only one way I can picture Al:

Someone on another forum thought I would look and sound like M Night Shyamalan. I really liked that.

It'd be interesting to see how our mental images match up with reality.

I must admit I don't have that in me to imagine you all one way or another. Just don't have that in me. I envy that.

As for me looking or being like Chopper. Interesting. I had a mate who hated Chopper with a passion and I have no doubt would have gone him if they ever met face to face. Why? Chopper organised a hit on his old man whilst he was in jail. The old man was shanked multiple times. Andrew never forgave him.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 04:36:33 PM »
I always imagined Al as more like his avatar than the one IRL photo I've seen of him.

Yes, me too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 04:38:52 PM »
I imagine you all naked, sometimes with props.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 04:39:53 PM »
I imagine you fried, mostly. Well done.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 04:43:08 PM »

Your prop has always been cash, so you're one of my favorites.  :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 04:46:00 PM »

I can buy and cook twenty of you. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 04:57:11 PM »

Sometimes you're fanning yourself with the cash.  :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 05:05:04 PM »

Sometimes you're fanning yourself with the cash.  :zoinks:

After dinner, sure. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 05:42:08 AM »
Al, I can imagine you having a similar type of charisma and jocularity IRL as Chopper, but with an underlying "don't fuck with me" edge. Not saying you look like him or are a violent psychopath/ career criminal.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 05:08:09 AM »
Al, I can imagine you having a similar type of charisma and jocularity IRL as Chopper, but with an underlying "don't fuck with me" edge. Not saying you look like him or are a violent psychopath/ career criminal.

Okay.
In truth I am a spazz and very introverted with people I do not know. I maintain frosty, broody facade and people avoid me. If I know people and/or have been introduced, I am very friendly, easy-going and engaged (especially in topics I am interested in). I find it difficult to introduce myself or reach out to others and it is difficult for me to navigate this space.
So people who do not know me, tend not fuck with me and that is cool with me.
People I do know tend not to either, because they like me. Occasionally they do and I turn into an arsehole very quickly and probably not with much provocation. I have found that most people find the rapid change from nice, light and friendly to arsehole, disconcerting. It too is something I do not navigate well.
I do not have any issue calling out shit when I see it in real life, People being arseholes in the cinema, youths trying to cause trouble (like the little 18-20 year olds hanging around a bus stop and walking out in front of the road to make cars stop and to hassle and freak out drivers as a case in point) and the like is something I have no issue getting vocal and in faces about. But alternatively I let a lot of shit slide too because it doesn't get to me. Things that push my buttons I react to.

Most people that know of me, find me pleasant and nice IRL.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 12:37:43 AM »
It’s weird when you’ve actually met certain members. I’d imagine nobody imagines me in any interesting or positive way. Very few people get me, so almost nobody likes me.

For those I haven’t met, their avatar is pretty much how I see them. Otherwise it would be like Gopher, and you don’t want me going down that path. :zoinks:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 01:52:57 AM by Trigger 11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 12:55:34 AM »
It’s weird when you’ve actually met certain members. I’d imagine nobody imagines me in any interesting or positive way. Very few people get me, so almost nobody likes me.

For those I haven’t met, their a avatar is pretty much how I see them. Otherwise it would be like Gopher, and you don’t want me going down that path.

I imagine you like Shaggy (Scooby Doo's sidekick). But I don't know you very well.

If people imagine me like John Cleese then they're doing pretty well. We are similar height. I would pass for his younger, fatter brother.