Author Topic: Intellectual Dark Web  (Read 6495 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Intellectual Dark Web
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2018, 11:49:22 PM »
You really are dense, then.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2018, 02:35:03 AM »
You really are dense, then. You have a very little brain and my brain is huuuge, possibly the biggest brain ever and smart too, my brain is big.

:M

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2018, 08:43:40 AM »
Is that #5 or #6 you're attempting there?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2018, 03:55:01 AM »
No, it's just the odeot using #1 again.   ::)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2018, 03:57:45 AM »
Jordan Peterson has joined Lindsay Shepherd in suing Wilfrid Laurier University for a few million dollars.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2018, 12:31:25 PM »
No, it's just the odeot using #1 again.   ::)

That's "both", then. Gotcha.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2018, 05:24:41 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2018/nov/01/pity-jordan-peterson-lobster-analogy-replace-sense-humour

Anyway, Peterson is also a leading member of the arseoisie, or the “intellectual dark web”, as they prefer it. Again, are you familiar with the “intellectual dark web”? I do hope not. It’s a self-styling by a loose group of soi-disant intellectuals you’d cross continents to avoid having a pint with (although they didn’t go with that tagline in the end). There isn’t space for a full passenger manifest, but they include Peterson, talkshow host Dave Rubin, Newsweek columnist and perma-pundit Ben Shapiro and a bunch of other people bizarrely obsessed with what students do, even though we’ve known since time immemorial that students often act like idiots, and mostly grow out of it unless they’re Hamlet or whatever. Think of the intellectual dark web as a very whiny superhero team. Marvel’s A-Whingers. Guardians of the Galaxy Brains. The League of Extraordinarily Fragile Gentlemen.

Like the rest of the gang, Peterson apparently imagines himself “locked out” of the mainstream media, despite having sold 2m books and being interviewed every 10 minutes by actual international media outlets. I can’t help feeling that Jordan is “locked out” of the mainstream media in the same way that Justin Bieber is “locked out” of pop music.

As I am given to understand it, all these chaps ply their trade in the “marketplace of ideas”, which largely seems to be grown men shrieking “Not the face! Not the face!” at their detractors. Truly, to watch their online arguments is to clamber inside the Athenian agora simulator.

The whole article is brilliant, although I'd recommend Pappy not read it as he would likely burst something.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2018, 06:56:50 PM »
 ::)    :facepalm2:

Just a bunch of NPC wankery.

It's a shit-talking, fact free article, the kind that even MOSW can understand.   :tard:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2018, 07:26:29 PM »
Ridicule is a useful tool against the likes of Jordan Peterson. Largely due to his inability to make intelligible arguments that can be debated on merit.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2018, 07:31:37 PM »
Ridicule is a useful tool against the likes of Jordan Peterson. Largely due to my inability to make intelligible arguments that can be debated on merit.

fyp

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2018, 07:57:32 PM »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2018, 08:31:28 PM »
Da derp de derp da teetley derpee derpee dumb

fyp

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2018, 04:13:36 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2018/nov/01/pity-jordan-peterson-lobster-analogy-replace-sense-humour

Anyway, Peterson is also a leading member of the arseoisie, or the “intellectual dark web”, as they prefer it. Again, are you familiar with the “intellectual dark web”? I do hope not. It’s a self-styling by a loose group of soi-disant intellectuals you’d cross continents to avoid having a pint with (although they didn’t go with that tagline in the end). There isn’t space for a full passenger manifest, but they include Peterson, talkshow host Dave Rubin, Newsweek columnist and perma-pundit Ben Shapiro and a bunch of other people bizarrely obsessed with what students do, even though we’ve known since time immemorial that students often act like idiots, and mostly grow out of it unless they’re Hamlet or whatever. Think of the intellectual dark web as a very whiny superhero team. Marvel’s A-Whingers. Guardians of the Galaxy Brains. The League of Extraordinarily Fragile Gentlemen.

Like the rest of the gang, Peterson apparently imagines himself “locked out” of the mainstream media, despite having sold 2m books and being interviewed every 10 minutes by actual international media outlets. I can’t help feeling that Jordan is “locked out” of the mainstream media in the same way that Justin Bieber is “locked out” of pop music.

As I am given to understand it, all these chaps ply their trade in the “marketplace of ideas”, which largely seems to be grown men shrieking “Not the face! Not the face!” at their detractors. Truly, to watch their online arguments is to clamber inside the Athenian agora simulator.

The whole article is brilliant, although I'd recommend Pappy not read it as he would likely burst something.

The humour is not that clever or witty. Though I can see your appeal

One thing I've noticed around here is that my jokes invariably go down like a lead balloon.

Initially I figured I wasn't trying hard enough or that I was using the wrong sort of jokes. I've since figured out an uncomfortable truth: I'm simply not funny.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2018, 03:00:28 PM »
I can see how, if you're so far up Jordan Peterson's arse that you've got brown shoulders and you are one of his legions of adoring but dim witted fans, you may not enjoy this article as much as I did.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2018, 03:38:30 PM »
Hilarious article. :laugh:

- Albert Einstein