Author Topic: Intellectual Dark Web  (Read 6295 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Intellectual Dark Web
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2018, 12:58:37 AM »
Was referring to the discussion in this thread.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2018, 05:01:13 AM »
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2018, 12:15:36 PM »
Wow, TOTALLY not a biased source.   ::)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2018, 03:49:45 PM »
Did you expect Breitbart?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2018, 04:52:48 AM »
Did you expect Breitbart?

Yes Odeon there really are biases in News that are on the Progressive Left and mentioning Breitbart as the counter to any bias of any online publication and Fox News as the counter to any News Network or channel is beyond weak. The fact that you can really only do it with these two Right wing outlets as MOST outlets are Progressive is lost on no one.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2018, 08:04:30 AM »
Scrap's comment about bias is as laughable as is your pitiful defence of it. One would think that you'd be more interested in presenting an alternative story on Milo, one that didn't quite paint him as the sad little boy he is, but I guess neither of you found one.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2018, 09:09:06 PM »
Scrap's comment about bias is as laughable as is your pitiful defence of it. One would think that you'd be more interested in presenting an alternative story on Milo, one that didn't quite paint him as the sad little boy he is, but I guess neither of you found one.

What exactly did I say about Milo?

Milo as far as I can make I'd a young 30 something that is making a lot of money and living the high live.
He does have various income sources including a real estate portfolio.
He has enough for a frugal person to retire on. It has always been the case though that if you spend more than you receive and that if some of your income sources dry up and you do not tighten your belt? You are going to wind up in trouble.
None of these opinion are likely to rock your world and you are likely to agree with them.
But there was actually NOTHING in my previous comment of bias that is untrue. It is only laughable for those too stupid or ideologically blinded to realise and so THEY laugh condescendingly to themselves, in their own palpable ignorance.

The truth is Fox News is big. It is absolutely Right leaning. Breitbart is big and is Right Leaning take those two exampleseparate of right wing outlets with right wing bias and what are the other big outlets with right wing bias? Now try the experiment on the left. Take away Fox'S biggest competitor, the left wing outlet with left wing bias, MSNBC, and you have CNN, take away that and you ABC...and for Breitbart, NY Times, Washington Post, USA Today and so it goes.
It is hardly alike or the same.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:46:43 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2018, 11:15:53 PM »
Milo was briefly on Patreon begging for money, until they booted him off for hate speech.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/811121/milo-yiannopoulos-call-birthday-pay-750-month

That's a real shame. I was gonna sign up for the $750 per month where he calls you on your birthday.

I get the impression that his expensive lifestyle continued on after he got widely de-platformed and his income stream dried up.

Poor Milo, maybe we should take up a collection for him here at I^2? I've got some old knee pads he could use while he's getting back on his feet. Anyone else?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2018, 01:03:51 AM »
He can have my used toilet paper.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2018, 02:03:46 AM »
Milo was briefly on Patreon begging for money, until they booted him off for hate speech.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/811121/milo-yiannopoulos-call-birthday-pay-750-month

That's a real shame. I was gonna sign up for the $750 per month where he calls you on your birthday.

I get the impression that his expensive lifestyle continued on after he got widely de-platformed and his income stream dried up.

Poor Milo, maybe we should take up a collection for him here at I^2? I've got some old knee pads he could use while he's getting back on his feet. Anyone else?

Patreon is not a money begging site. He probably did get booted off for something. They are very left leaning and a home for many on the Left and it is no surprise as it is based around the Patronages of old whereby the up and coming creative artists and writers would look for wealthy patrons to pay them to dedicate their time to ply their trade.

As a rule people are more likely to be actors and artists and writers and this easily explains Hollywood and why it explains why the propensity of Patreon's customers are on thew Left and further why so many both on Patreon and paying Patreon customers would find offence of Milo being on their too and wish to de-platform him. That is the way of the Progressive.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2018, 04:01:08 AM »

Milo as far as I can make I'd a young 30 something that is making a lot of money and living the high live.
He has enough for a frugal person to retire on. It has always been the case though that if you spend more than you receive and that if some of your income sources dry up and you do not tighten your belt? You are going to wind up in trouble.
None of these opinion are likely to rock your world and you are likely to agree with them.
But there was actually NOTHING in my previous comment of bias that is untrue. It is only laughable for those too stupid or ideologically blinded to realise and so THEY laugh condescendingly to themselves, in their own palpable ignorance.

Blah bla blubba blah bla blub blah...

Sorry. I tried to parse your reply but this is all I got out of it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2018, 07:20:05 AM »

Blah bla blubba blah bla blub blah...

Sorry. I tried to parse your reply but this is all I got out of it.

Yes, you have shit comprehension. It is not something worth celebrating.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2018, 12:16:02 PM »
I guess you didn't understand what you wrote either.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2018, 02:36:48 PM »
I guess you didn't understand what you wrote either.

I do think have shot comprehension I understood it fine

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2018, 04:09:53 PM »
Let's not lose sight of the big picture here. Poor Milo, the conservatives don't want him and more and the far right never really wanted him for several obvious reasons. The lefties certainly don't want him. So far we have collected some knee pads and some used Gopher toilet paper. Surely we can do more than that?