Author Topic: I had a fight with a Squirrel the other day, turns out the Squirrel won.  (Read 572 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Sorry for the confusing thread title, yet I'll keep this brief:

I tried explaining to a co-worker about me being autistic, and his response was a bit puzzling to me...

He said something about me being "normal" to him...

Well let me be clear then.... I only appear normal because I use an acting method to cope. Sometimes the method slips, and I feel exhausted...

I could of explained that to him.... yet honestly, it would be confusing for some people wither if they're Autistic or NT.

What do I do? How is it "iffy" when someone uses the "Oh yet you seem normal" card?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Also theres a teaser at the end of this post:

:bounce:  :bounce:  :tard:  :bounce:  :bounce:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: I had a fight with a Squirrel the other day, turns out the Squirrel won.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 04:44:20 PM »
I just don’t bother telling people. I don’t think most people would be that bothered about it after you tell them, as long as they are not the gossipy type. I once knew a dyslexic girl with a sister who had panic attacks. We met at college, knew each other for a few years, seeing each other around my town. One day I told her I had AS and she couldn’t get away fast enough. That was the only time AFAIR that anyone really overreacted to it. I notice the people with most problems are insecure and can’t take it from other people, even though you would think they’d understand more. :dunno:
:dog:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 05:34:21 PM »
The reason I don't like to hear from an NT 'oh but you seem normal to me' (although in my case thats not all that likely to happen, because I'm quite obviously autistic, thankfully), is that it'd be an NT, essentially making out like I'd be LIKE them, like it would have been otherwise hard to tell that I wasn't ONE OF them, implying bad things like I come off as NT or NT-like, TO NTs. Which I'd actually find quite insulting, not that I think (MOST of the NTs would be trying to be insulting, the comparison still would be like a punch in the stomach. Because I am proud of who, and of what, I am. I always have been  and that isn't about to stop or change now. I'm not suddenly going to start wearing a mask either, thats something I just won't do. So if I'm not wearing a mask to 'fit in' or 'pass for' NT, and I were to come across to an NT as one of them, TO one of them, that would implicitly bring with it the fact that I could easily be taken for neurotypical instead of Kanner's, when NOT using those very masks which I so refuse to use.)

It'd be devastating, to be compared to being like them, when I am proud of, and happy with being a kanner's speshul spazz. I kinda feel sorry for NTs really. They don't have to deal with the difficulties, its true, but neither will they ever feel the ecstatic beauty and energy coursing through their veins as they find something sensorily delicious, and rock and flap and twirl and spin and jump and stim It's just something they can never, ever know, will never know what it feels like, won't get to feel that tsunami of energy building up inside ready for things to tip over the boiling edge and go ''FLAP"

Nobody bar paedos, rapists, animal abusers, etc. ought to not ever have the opportunity tp be able to feel it. Its a tragedy for somebody to miss out on it. Poor little NTs is all I can think. Its sad for them.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 06:48:09 PM »
Each to there own... Unfortunately, being proud of something like loosing a leg is frowned upon. Taking pride in losing the ability for effective communication is nothing more than compensating for something that even you don't understand about yourselves. I guess it must be hard hiding the shame much?

Dickheads really need to learn to stop pretending and start being real for once and go lay on the floor with the rest of you pretentious shitheads. At least there you can find the crap that you sought to see in everyone else. Just don't expect the tears to flow in your direction when we are all out of pity.

Take it as a complement that you fooled others that you appear normal, because it's not insulting to tell someone to go shake a leg when they are clearly missing one. It's called a joke, something you going to miss without remunerating in front of a mirror. You.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:12:54 PM by mdagli1 »

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 06:57:04 PM »
Okay McDangly, you've convinced me. We all need to recognise how useless our existence is and take appropriate steps.

You go first.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 07:10:35 PM »

Just because I'm one of you doesn't mean I'm not going to be shit at being a shit. I'm just so good at it, I forget who I really am. /sarcasm

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 07:29:27 PM »
Each to there own...

:facepalm2:

"their" not "there".   ::)

You're such a fucking illiterate Englishman that you need a Septic to correct your spelling for you.

Kill yourself already.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 08:12:04 PM »

Chewin' nuts in the hot sun
I fought the squirrel and the squirrel won
I fed birds 'cause I had seeds
I filled my feeder and it feels so bad
Guess my seeds are gone
It';s the best feeder that I ever had
I fought the squirrel and the
Blockin' squirrels with a feeder guard
I lost my seeds and I lost my fun
I watched it eat them and it feels so bad
Guess my seeds are done
It's the best feeder that I ever had
I fought…
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:14:00 PM by Calandale »

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 09:32:11 PM »

Dear septic, haters gonna hate. Rage all you want, it's the internet. Try doing something with your life and maybe somebody might care. Or not.
But what do I know. If I'm all the attention you crave, then there must be something wrong being you.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 09:33:44 PM »
I'm just trying to squeeze entertainment out of you.

So far I am disappoint.

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 09:47:36 PM »

Sadly, I'm not here to help you. I'm here to help myself to you. Good luck, dumb ass...

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 09:49:26 PM »

I tried explaining to a co-worker about me being autistic, and his response was a bit puzzling to me...

Well let me be clear then.... I only appear normal because I use an acting method to cope. Sometimes the method slips, and I feel exhausted...

I could of explained that to him.... yet honestly, it would be confusing for some people wither if they're Autistic or NT.

What do I do? How is it "iffy" when someone uses the "Oh yet you seem normal" card?

Anyone?

Anyone?

I don't know what would be an appropriate response to someone saying that, but I've never, not even once ever, thought of you as normal, if that helps any.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 09:52:24 PM »
It's called a joke, something you going to miss without remunerating in front of a mirror. You.
It's a shame you're do disinterested in engaging; that might make an interesting conversation.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 09:54:28 PM »

Sadly, I'm not here to help you. I'm here to help myself to you. Good luck, dumb ass...

I thought you were trying to get banned an have people want you dead or something.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,22807.0.html

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot

Anyone?

Anyone?

I don't think there is a good answer, tbh. Better not to tell them in the first place.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein