Author Topic: GOOD CLEAN HUMOUR  (Read 16238 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: GOOD CLEAN HUMOUR
« Reply #450 on: September 08, 2018, 06:42:06 PM »
*sigh*

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #451 on: September 08, 2018, 07:37:12 PM »
I find this shit and just have to put it here!!!

In English pleez?   :dunno:

Again, if you have to explain a joke, the the joke has failed.

I will try to help a bit. What is another way to indicate the square root of negative one? What is two cubed?
OK, from here?

I got that much, its the whole Sigma thing, it's all Greek to me.   :dunno:    :zoinks:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #452 on: September 08, 2018, 09:48:56 PM »
*sigh*

OH!
At first I threw you down the same hole as teh ducks guy.

Opposite of your net connection, my download speed lags a bit behind my upload speed at times.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #453 on: September 08, 2018, 09:49:53 PM »
I find this shit and just have to put it here!!!

In English pleez?   :dunno:

Again, if you have to explain a joke, the the joke has failed.

I will try to help a bit. What is another way to indicate the square root of negative one? What is two cubed?
OK, from here?

I got that much, its the whole Sigma thing, it's all Greek to me.   :dunno:    :zoinks:
Greek indeed.
I am sorry. Here is a linky thing that could help. It represents a sum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summation
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:52:56 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #454 on: September 08, 2018, 09:59:02 PM »
Greek indeed.

;)     :laugh:

:oneliner:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #455 on: September 09, 2018, 12:47:45 AM »
Meh, NOT a math person AT ALL.. Severely dyscalculic. Its a real pain in the arse.  Nobody would suspect I'd be working as  a chemist/biotechnician if they knew how crap my math skills are. Figuring out one synthesis takes it out of me so much I end up with a real bastard of a headache and end up going to bed afterwards, well, unless I've been working on something of a stimulant nature, or possibly a nootropic type compound.

After doing the math (and getting it wrong, needing some help from someone else on the math side of things) I just felt so tired and scrambled. Thankfully it was phet being worked on, and right now, I feel far better than I did. That mentally scrambled feeling, is just gone.

I'm considering either restarting something like pramiracetam+an anticholinesterase+choline supplement. Coluracetam looks rather interesting too. An acetylcholine uptake enhancer. Unique in its mode of action, IIRC. I've got one of the nootropics in the pipeline, the poorly understood but potent and seemingly effective DM-235, I've got the stuff to make it, and the neat thing is, I can just swap two reagents out, for two others, and make an opioid with at least a little more potency than morphine at the same time.

Or potentially, taking a low dose of amphetamine daily. It'd be a real hassle and a load of fuckabout to try and get an ADD dx, but I'm pretty sure I show a lot of the signs, and I've never really found uppers recreational, with the exception of a phenmetrazine analog, 3-fluorophenmetrazine, that stuff sure as hell was recreational, makes for excellent speedballs:autism: but most, phet, methyl/ethylphenidate, I find them functional rather than the sort of thing I'd  use for fun.

So maybe something like 10mg racemic amphetamine or N-ethylamphetamine 3x daily, still undecided whether to go with a stimulant at low dose, or go for a nootropic stack again. I've had quite a bit of success with agents that assist LTP, such as aniracetam, pramiracetam.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #456 on: September 09, 2018, 06:32:06 AM »
Greek indeed.

;)     :laugh:

:oneliner:

The best part of the joke is pretending to want help and watching me struggle with my direct literal interpretation of what you wrote and then watching me toil to explain things for you, alll the while not reading in to what you actually wrote.

My boss used to do this to me and enjoyed doing so. I challenged him and asked if he was taking advantage of my overly literal interpretations. He said something like he did not know anything about any of that, but he is like a shark. "I see blood in the water and I just go for it."

Then I remembered the time I cut myself while helping him and he told me to quit bleeding and when I did not he "threatened" me with an insubordination write up because I would not stop bleeding when he told me to.

:asthing:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 06:33:58 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #457 on: September 09, 2018, 10:28:03 AM »
First: leave it to us to let ANY topic evolve/devolve into a discussion.

Second:

In Sunday school, Sister Mary asked the class: "What part of the body goes to heaven first?"

In the back of the class, nasty Billy waved his hand frantically, but Sister Mary, suspecting a wrong answer, turned to another child. "Yes, Susan?"

"The heart goes to heaven first because that's where God's love lives."

"Excellent," said Sister Mary, "and you, Maggie?"

"The soul, Sister Mary, because that's the part that lives beyond death."

"Very good, Maggie," said the Sister, as she noticed Billy's hand still waving in desperation."

"OK, Billy, what do you think?"

"It's the feet that go first, Sister, the feet."

"That's a strange answer Billy. Why the feet?"

Billy answered, "Because I saw my mom with her feet up in the air, shouting, 'God, I'm coming, I'm coming!'"
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #458 on: September 10, 2018, 10:28:12 AM »
The important part of a longer joke:

There is one food that is incredibly dangerous and we all have, or will, eat it at some time in our lives. Now, is anyone here able to tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?' A 65-year-old nursing sister sitting in the front row stood up and said, 'Wedding cake.'

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #459 on: September 10, 2018, 01:01:04 PM »
You know, it seems like there is a direct relationship between how satisfying and tasty and generally yummy a food is, and how unhealthy it is considered for you.

I've often thought there is a definitive, aethereal and tenuous, but nevertheness distinctly real similar principle at play in the availability, or at least reasily either improvizable or adaptable or over-the-counter or even ebay at a stretch-able ness of a chemical element or more complicated reagent or reagent class, and how useful it or its class are as a whole, useful to the hobby scientist.

Basically, the more useful and desirable the reagent is, the more hard to get hold of, watched by undesirable three-letter-agencies if they are able to, meaning a hobbyist has to learn how to avoid being flagged on the watch lists of various undesirables...the more desirable, it has a direct and scalar relationship between desirability and inverse reciprocal of availability.

The more a hobby chemist would covet it and desire it, the harder it is to buy without having built up one's personal supply and demand fulfilment networks over the years of having dedicated one's soul to the pursuit of the study of chemistry in all its guises, the harder it is to make , the harder it is to confine and keep from destroying itself, and the more dangerous it is. I.e, alkali metals, lithium, sodium, potassium are hard to store, once hermetically sealed canisters and wrappers are breached, despite being stored under vacuum degassed, argon-sparged anhydrous mineral oil dried first over 3A molecular sieves.

Still degrade  over time in stasis on the lab shelves despite stringent precautions being taken to avoid oxidation.  And reagents like sodium and potassium hydride, lithium aluminium hydride-LiAlH4 aka LAH, or Lith-Al for short, its violently reactive towards traces of atmospheric water vapor, catching fire, having to be used with carefully pre-dried for the purpose solvents, transferred from flame-dried or oven-dried containers to reaction vessels similarly directly flame-dried or oven dried then sealed with self-healing polymer septa, even the glass syringes and the steel flexible, long needles for transport need the trace levels of water adhering to their surfaces driving off, and the solvents used to prepare the solutions LAH and most other hydrides are used with, such as THF and diethyl ether dried with very aggressive multi-stage chemical stages generally ending with something like distillation from potassium or sodium metal.

And they have to be, most of them at least, used under inert atmospheres such as argon or helium dried by passage through bubblers filled with things like 100% sulfuric acid, phosphorus pentoxide,. with some padding to avoid acid spatter from the bubblers carrying through acid mists, with violent and disastrous consequences for the chemist.

And, hydride based reducing agents are allmost all of them very very difficult to purchase them, to get someone in your suppliers networks who will supply the materials needed to you,

They are expensive when you do get your hands on any, take strongent storage precautions and usage techniques, and generally take a chemist with the faculties to manage their use in a calm, collected, cool-headed manner, most of them are pyrophoric, bursting into flames if they contact atmospheres containing oxygen or oxidizing gases of other natures.

And the less useful the particular hydride, for many different varieties have been synthesized with different quirks and specialities and areas in which they excell at reducing one particular group while tolerating and being mild on another type, etc., the less such qualities are to be found, the more affordable, the easier it is to get hold of, the less watched, some, such as sodium borohydride can even be used in not just solvents that haven't been aggressively stripped of the tiniest traces of water and oxygen, but in a vigorously stirred aqueous-alcoholic medium of isopropanol and water,

Although it isnt to say NaBH4 isn't without  its uses. There are numerous artful combinations and tricks with things like metal salts, metal nanoparticles, in the likes of different acidic or acid-salt systems, such as in-situ formation of triacetoxyborohydride, triethylborohydride, cyanoborohydride, as  well as variying the cation and the modification of borohydride anion.

And NaBH4 is easily obtainable, its not overpricey, has a great shelf life even as a powder, although I buy mine as the super-convenient pre-weighted 1-gram-per-pellet prills, that have been pressed into tablet form, I don't NEED to, but I try to improve life still further by purging my bottle of borohydride with dry argon gas when opening and closing the bottle but even as powder it can last YEARS, and no bursting into flame; main specific hazard is with cyanoborohydrides and cyanide gas precaution as  standard for cyanide evolution potential typical.  for acid-reactive cyanide anion sources.

As it is, its generally a rather mundane reducing agent, with no real shining characteristics other than its stability , water tolerance, air tolerance, and tolerance to protic environments. But there are so many other derivatives of borohydride that can be formed in-situ from NaBH4 or LiBH4 for making things like lithium triethylborohydride, metal salts to form ultra-finely divided metal manoparticles. Sort of similar to how Rieke metals are prepared  using metallic potassium or sodium to reduce metal  salts to super finely divided metals with a high surface area and consequently very, very, extremely reactive nature for the metal in quesion, performing tasks for it, such as forming otherwise-impossible Grignard reagents in the case of Riecke magnesium.

Nanotech reduction methods employing borohydride are just beginning to be explored in the clandestine chemist's world, and it remains to be deduced what the functional group tolerances and reductant capabilities are for various different structures. But, the very first time I ever used the borohydride based in-situ formation of nanoparticulate copper for example, it provided smooth reduction of my substrate in not too bad yields. That for the very first time, it performed admirably, not bad yields either. And that for a very, very first time using the reaction.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #460 on: September 11, 2018, 11:28:59 AM »
A man hears a knock at his door, opens it but doesn't see anyone.

He glances down, sees a snail there and being the conscientious gardener he is, tosses the snail across the road, into a field, away from his property.

Ten years go by, and one day the man hears a knock at the door, but once again, doesn't find anyone there when he answers.

He looks down, sees a snail there.

The snail looks up at him, and in a tiny voice demands, - "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #461 on: September 11, 2018, 02:35:18 PM »
A man hears a knock at his door, opens it but doesn't see anyone.

He glances down, sees a snail there and being the conscientious gardener he is, tosses the snail across the road, into a field, away from his property.

Ten years go by, and one day the man hears a knock at the door, but once again, doesn't find anyone there when he answers.

He looks down, sees a snail there.

The snail looks up at him, and in a tiny voice demands, - "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?"

:rofl:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #462 on: September 12, 2018, 11:22:10 AM »
A pedestrian stepped off the curb and into the road without looking and promptly gets knocked flat by a passing cyclist.

"You were really lucky there," said the cyclist.

"What on earth are you talking about! That really hurt!" said the pedestrian, still on the pavement, rubbing his head.

The cyclist replied, "Well, usually I drive a bus!"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #463 on: September 13, 2018, 08:12:02 AM »

Panicking when her toddler swallowed a tiny magnet, my sister, Betty, rushed him to the emergency room.

"He'll be fine," the doctor promised her. "The magnet should pass through his system in a day or two."

"How will I be sure?" she pressed.

"Well," the doctor suggested, "you could stick him on the refrigerator. When he falls off, you'll know."

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #464 on: September 13, 2018, 02:26:23 PM »
A classic piece of theatrical comedy from the old Muppet Show back in the 70's.  As performed by the late great Zero Mostel.

"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant