Educational

Author Topic: GOOD CLEAN HUMOUR  (Read 16245 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: GOOD CLEAN HUMOUR
« Reply #375 on: August 18, 2018, 01:33:14 AM »
*groan*
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #376 on: August 18, 2018, 10:18:43 AM »
Why do grasshoppers not go to many football matches?

They prefer cricket matches!
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #377 on: August 18, 2018, 06:22:33 PM »
Why don't New Zealanders take their wives to watch the cricket?

Because they keep jumping over the fence to eat the grass.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2018, 11:14:33 AM »
A police officer, though scheduled for all-night duty at the station, was relieved of duty early and arrived home four hours ahead of schedule, at 2 in the morning.

Not wanting to wake his wife, he undressed in the dark, crept into the bedroom and started to climb into bed. Just then, his wife "sleepily" sat up and said, "Honey, would you go down to the all-night drug store on the next block and get me some aspirin? I've got a splitting headache."

"Certainly, honey," he said. Feeling his way across the dark room, he got dressed and walked over to the drug store. As he arrived, the pharmacist looked up in surprise, "Say," said the pharmacist, "I know you - aren't you a policeman? Officer Fenwick, right?"

"Yeah, sure. So?" said the officer.

"Well, what the heck are you doing all dressed up like the Fire Chief?"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2018, 05:57:22 PM »
Don't blame me for this one, its a repost of one told to me by my old man who read it online. (or him for that matter), terrible as it probably is, it IS pretty funny.

So, a man walks  out into his garden one day, finds that pigeons have eaten all his fruit, all his vegetables, everything he had, he replants, waits, and the day he's ready to harvest his crop, the man walks out to find the garden stripped bare again.

So he tries  putting up scarecrows, only to find them shit all over, picks  off a few with a shotgun, but faced with a plague of hungry pigeons, he realizes there is nothing for it but to call in a professional and have him deal with them.

So, the guy calls in someone he's picked out of the phone book, claiming to be especially talented with dealing with, in particular, pigeon infestations.

The professional calls  round the next day with a cage, obviously way too small to hold any more than a single bird. The gardener asks what on earth are you going to do with that, you can't possibly take all these damn birds away in that tiny thing?

So the professional takes a pigeon, dyed bright fluorescent pink. The gardener blinks a few times before  asking again 'what the bloody christ are you going to do, I don't understand..'

And the professional tells the gardener 'this one is trained, y'see? I'll release him, he'll fly off, and pigeons, being stupid, will follow him and bugger off somewhere else'

True to his word, he releases his pink pigeon, it flies off, and all the rest follow, never to return.

Shocked, the guy pays the man his fee, pauses a moment, and asks the pigeon exterminator 'how much for a pink paki?'

(I did warn you)

(
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2018, 08:51:20 PM »
wtf is a paki?

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #381 on: August 19, 2018, 09:00:07 PM »
It's short for "Pakistani".

In the UK it is extremely offensive, similar to the "N" word in the United States.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #382 on: August 20, 2018, 09:55:08 AM »
When my father-in-law decided to move after his retirement, he invited us to his home to take a few pieces of furniture he wanted us to have. One item was beautiful but very heavy -- an antique dining-room set. Our teenage son helped us wrestle the set into our truck. It took the whole day, but finally the table, chairs, and china cabinet were sitting in our dining room.

"Just think," I said as I admired the furniture while my son sat resting. "This set is 100 years old. And someday, it will belong to you."

"Oh, no!" he replied with a stricken look on his face. "You mean I'm going to have to move this thing AGAIN?"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2018, 01:09:33 PM »

On average, I would say that people are mean.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #384 on: August 20, 2018, 01:42:23 PM »

In the UK it is extremely offensive, similar to the "N" word in the United States.

I don't understand why Paki would be offensive unless Paki's were just wanting to be offended.

It's like me talking about old Jap bikes. Japanese aren't offended when I call old Japanese motorcycles "Jap bikes" or even calling them Japs, it's just an abbreviation.

Nigger used to be the proper term for black people until they decided it was offensive, then they started the euphemism treadmill. Nigger became negro then it became colored then it became black then it became "African American".   ::)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphemism#Evolution

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #385 on: August 20, 2018, 01:45:51 PM »

I don't understand why Paki would be offensive unless Paki's were just wanting to be offended.

It's like me talking about old Jap bikes. Japanese aren't offended when I call old Japanese motorcycles "Jap bikes" or even calling them Japs, it's just an abbreviation.

Nigger used to be the proper term for black people until they decided it was offensive, then they started the euphemism treadmill. Nigger became negro then it became colored then it became black then it became "African American".   ::)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphemism#Evolution

Have you seen the scene in This is England with Combo in which they commit a racist attack against a shopkeeper of South Asian extraction?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 01:48:02 PM by Tequila »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #386 on: August 20, 2018, 01:58:53 PM »
OK, what's the point of that??

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #387 on: August 20, 2018, 02:47:10 PM »

The film is about a group of friends growing up in 1980s Derbyshire.  Combo is the racist one.  It's really worth watching the whole film (and the three miniseries too, come to think of it).

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #388 on: August 20, 2018, 03:15:29 PM »

The film is about a group of friends growing up in 1980s Derbyshire.  Combo is the racist one.  It's really worth watching the whole film (and the three miniseries too, come to think of it).

So it's based on true events?

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #389 on: August 20, 2018, 03:20:27 PM »
It's largely based on the director's own experiences growing up there, people he knew.