Author Topic: The Tragedy in Las Vegas  (Read 11540 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: The Tragedy in Las Vegas
« Reply #360 on: July 03, 2018, 04:55:15 PM »
Milo clearly doesn't want to be seen as the guy who motivated or inspired a mass shooting of journalists. If there was no issue for Milo then why would he bother making a statement on the issue and trying to play the innocent.

Milo is a hero to some. He openly seeks infamy. He says stuff that public figures aren't supposed to say and he's proud of it. But when something like this happens... it just further reinforces the fact that he is a nasty (and potentially dangerous) troll with nothing useful to add to public dialogue.

Once again, wanna be a FSW? You gotta own the consequences of your words.

Milo did NOT inspire that guy to kill journalists. If someone makes such a false implication, he should pushback on a lie? Yes?

I mean this is rather a silly position. What you are effectively saying is.

"Guy A did B for C reason but Guy X said he wanted B so therefore Guy A did B for Z reason" It is patently false BUT now you are saying "Whatever Guy X ought not have said what he said he cannot defend the truth that Guy A did not do B for Z reason"

Fucking stupid. Being that it is fucking stupid why are you supporting this?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #361 on: July 03, 2018, 06:09:19 PM »
Well, clearly. The duplicity of his fanbase never ceases to astonish.

The fact that such a vacuous troll even has a fanbase never ceases to astonish.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #362 on: July 03, 2018, 08:10:13 PM »

Milo is a very smart guy. He is also a bit of a troll and a contrarian. Fortunately, being counter to most cultural narratives actually makes sense in this climate. But he is over the top and often say dumb shit for the sake of a stir up.

It neither excuses him nor erases a lot of meritous positions.

I don't get this all or nothing approach people have.

X said y and t was not to my liking so therefore everything they have said done or thought is hprrible. Doesnt logically follow.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #363 on: July 03, 2018, 10:38:01 PM »

Milo is a very smart guy. He is also a bit of a troll and a contrarian. Fortunately, being counter to most cultural narratives actually makes sense in this climate. But he is over the top and often say dumb shit for the sake of a stir up.

X said y and t was not to my liking so therefore everything they have said done or thought is hprrible. Doesnt logically follow.

I'm sure that some of what you consider to be Milo's "meritorious positions" is just more dumb shit to me.

And that's the problem. When you make a profession out of saying dumb shit, how can you expect your fanbase to know the difference?

I'm sure that there are many things that Milo says that Milo intends to be dumb shit that some of his fan base think are really smart positions that they agree with.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #364 on: July 03, 2018, 11:49:22 PM »

I'm sure that some of what you consider to be Milo's "meritorious positions" is just more dumb shit to me.

And that's the problem. When you make a profession out of saying dumb shit, how can you expect your fanbase to know the difference?

I'm sure that there are many things that Milo says that Milo intends to be dumb shit that some of his fan base think are really smart positions that they agree with.

Maybe some of them do. But it goes the other way too. People whilst they are so ready to taint every opinion of someone they disagree with, based on a bad action, turn of phrase or whatever, they also do the opposite. They fall in and almost cultishly back people based on a handful of actions and words and can do no wrong.

Me? I think Milo is smart and gets a lot right and in serious debate about serious things or when presenting his opinions more often what he says is quite good. His trollish and michievious and such falls short a bit though some of that is amusing too.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #365 on: July 04, 2018, 12:50:17 PM »

Lesser trolls need someone to look up to. +
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #366 on: July 04, 2018, 12:53:14 PM »

Everything? I thought we were talking about that one thing he said he now doesn't want to own up.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #367 on: November 15, 2018, 05:07:51 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394715-milo-yiannopoulos-my-call-for-shooting-journalists-was-just-a-troll?rnd=1530219455

Typical Free Speech Warrior.

Loves his freedom to say whatever the fuck he wants. Doesn't want to own the consequences.

Now where is the moral outrage of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb when Maxine Waters calls for violence against Trump administration officials.   :apondering:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #368 on: November 15, 2018, 05:12:16 PM »
Pappy, provide a link to what was actually said and I'll tell you whether I'm outraged or not.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #369 on: November 15, 2018, 05:31:10 PM »
Pretty easy to do actually, but I will defer to Scr'eap for this one. It is just annoying to me, but it will be fun for him.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #370 on: November 15, 2018, 05:36:38 PM »
Remember that some of us are not based in the US. We normally only see certain types of news from the US, such as "what outrageous things did Trump tweet or say in the last 24 hours". Just as you would not even know who our current President is, and only see news about Australia that the media thinks would be relevant or interesting to you.

I did a quick google on Maxine Waters and clicked "News" and there wasn't anything that looked relevant to what Pappy is saying. Not doubting that all sorts of people in politics say stupid sh*t, Trump doesn't quite have a monopoly on that.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #371 on: November 15, 2018, 08:02:20 PM »

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #372 on: November 16, 2018, 02:46:09 AM »
You're right Pappy, this is obviously on a par with calling on your supporters to shoot journalists. Or calling on the crowd at your rallies to beat people up. Maybe worse.

But yeah, she's a progressive and she said stupid sh1t. She really needs to work on that, if she can take it up a couple of levels of stupid and start posting stupid sh1t while sitting on the toilet at 2 am, maybe you guys will make her the next President.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #373 on: November 16, 2018, 04:11:18 PM »
Pappy, provide a link to what was actually said and I'll tell you whether I'm outraged or not.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/maxine-waters-trump-officials/index.html

That's sort of old news now. Look at the date. But I'm outraged.

I just wish they'd shoot Trump.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #374 on: November 16, 2018, 08:10:25 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/maxine-waters-trump-officials/index.html

That's sort of old news now. Look at the date. But I'm outraged.

I just wish they'd shoot Trump.

Yes killing people with differing ideological opinions is a rational and well-educated response, Herr Odeon.