Author Topic: Trump is functionally retarded  (Read 24071 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Trump is functionally retarded
« Reply #765 on: February 03, 2020, 08:08:21 PM »
The Democrats are so smart that they will choose Creepy Joe Biden to run against Trump, and a year from now they'll be scratching their heads and wondering how Trump and the Russians beat them again.

Frankly I'm sure they'd rather lose with a centre right, "steady as she goes" candidate who appeals to their corporate donors than win with a genuine progressive.
Just realized you might have misunderstood what I said. Didn't mean the democrats should run an independent with republican leanings as the democrat party nominee. no. They should run their democrat nominee and also help to find an independent to toss into the mix. What made me think of it was a sheriff who kept getting elected; people either loved or hated him. A co-worker mentioned a third candidate entering the election, and I said the sheriff was probably happy about that because it increased his chances of winning. The voting pool was the voting pool; the voters who loved him would vote for him, so a third candidate would only divide the votes of the people who don't. Also wondered out loud if the sheriff might even have something to do with there being a third candidate, because that would be really smart. The 2020 election needs an independent candidate who appeals to people who would otherwise vote for trump. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:10:18 PM by Jack »

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #766 on: February 03, 2020, 10:07:01 PM »
Just realized you might have misunderstood what I said. Didn't mean the democrats should run an independent with republican leanings as the democrat party nominee. no.

No worries, my reply was kind of tangential. I did understand exactly what you meant.

In Australia's most recent federal election we had our own Trump wannabe, a rotund billionaire by the name of Clive Palmer.

(originality wasn't his strong suit obviously).

He spent $80M of his own money on advertising for his party. And didn't win a single seat, while turning himself into an international laughing stock.

His entire goal, by his own admission after the event, was to suppress the vote for Labor and increase the likelihood of the conservatives winning. He likes the conservatives, he is a mining billionaire. He was successful.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #767 on: February 04, 2020, 06:46:23 AM »
They should go with Adam Schiff.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #768 on: February 05, 2020, 12:53:36 PM »
Just realized you might have misunderstood what I said. Didn't mean the democrats should run an independent with republican leanings as the democrat party nominee. no.

No worries, my reply was kind of tangential. I did understand exactly what you meant.

In Australia's most recent federal election we had our own Trump wannabe, a rotund billionaire by the name of Clive Palmer.

(originality wasn't his strong suit obviously).

He spent $80M of his own money on advertising for his party. And didn't win a single seat, while turning himself into an international laughing stock.

His entire goal, by his own admission after the event, was to suppress the vote for Labor and increase the likelihood of the conservatives winning. He likes the conservatives, he is a mining billionaire. He was successful.

I tend to vote to maintain our constitution. Our rights over here are constantly threatened.
I believe in our constitution and I think that even getting close to its ideals is a worthy goal. Obviously, the closer the better.

Unfortunately, we who favor the origins and ideals of what our country was created to be are not alone. The commie fag sparkle pinko fairy dust promising worm, cradle to grave, control all aspects of interaction types who want massive centralized government doing everything there is to do are still being elected all to often.

The incremental encroachment upon our rights by that faction of the populace is our own fault, due to apathy and ignorance.
 :dunno:

"Hey, have you heard what House Bill 2482 (made up reference; do not bother looking it up) says about the expansion of  ... ?"

"I don't know and I don't care. Our votes do not count."

Way too common!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 01:23:57 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #769 on: February 05, 2020, 04:37:34 PM »
If I loved the US constitution as much as that, what would really piss me off is the abuse of that constitution to hide the truth and protect the guilty. To keep a treasonous proto-fascist imbecile in the top job.

:hitler:

I'm a believer in the idea of a social contract anyway. Always been happy to pay taxes that support those worse off than I. Always loved seeing unions push back against exploitation and the worst excesses of capitalism.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #770 on: February 05, 2020, 05:14:15 PM »

I am quite pissed off. I have tried to express this without going into a rant. I am trying to hold it in, some, and await my next chance at the polls.

Restraint is becoming more difficult all the time.

Do not dare try that "IF" I loved my constitution bullshit again on me.
 :'(
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #771 on: February 05, 2020, 05:48:26 PM »

I am quite pissed off. I have tried to express this without going into a rant. I am trying to hold it in, some, and await my next chance at the polls.

It would help if you didn't misread what I said. I was merely stating what I (MOSW) would do if I loved that constitution as much as you love that constitution. If you don't think I have a right to an opinion, shoot me.

I completely respect your right to love your constitution in whatever way you want to. The "IF I" was clearly in reference to myself dude.

I seriously considered not posting my opinion but then I thought.... what's the point of this place if I can't post my opinion just because it might upset someone? You post yours, I post mine, we're all happy. You wanna get angry and threaten me for having an opinion that differs from yours, go right ahead. That says a lot more about you than it does about me.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #772 on: February 05, 2020, 06:33:45 PM »
Speak your piece, MOSW.  Freedom of speech is a powerful thing.  Even when some asswipe tries to threaten or intimidate you.  We got your back.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #773 on: February 05, 2020, 07:05:28 PM »
Speak your piece, MOSW.  Freedom of speech is a powerful thing.  Even when some asswipe tries to threaten or intimidate you.  We got your back.

He's not an asswipe, at least not in my opinion.

I never understood though why it's so difficult to have a civil discussion about politics.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #774 on: February 05, 2020, 07:06:54 PM »
Anyway, it looks like Wall Street Pete is gonna go up against Trump, and he will get chewed up and spat out.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #775 on: February 05, 2020, 07:26:26 PM »

It would help if you didn't misread what I said. I was merely stating what I (MOSW) would do if I loved that constitution as much as you love that constitution. If you don't think I have a right to an opinion, shoot me.

I completely respect your right to love your constitution in whatever way you want to. The "IF I" was clearly in reference to myself dude.

I seriously considered not posting my opinion but then I thought.... what's the point of this place if I can't post my opinion just because it might upset someone? You post yours, I post mine, we're all happy. You wanna get angry and threaten me for having an opinion that differs from yours, go right ahead. That says a lot more about you than it does about me.

Fair enough!  I misread some things. 
How was my tearing eye a threat? BTW?
It almost sounds like when I deal with others, who have only a fraction of your mind, who feel attacked when I ask the simplest of questions, while trying to understand their point of view. Please, do not go that way. I feel that you and I can actually talk some.
Understand that my backward admonition was meant as more a statement of you having "hurt" me. I felt injured by you giving me the Big "IF."  :'(

I think we are two who can actually, intelligently, thoughtfully make a difference by having a kind of discussion that leads to us being better "friends," in the long run, quite unlike some others who have such small and insignificant closed minds. Many of whom I only will talk about in the future, since some have directly warned me to NOT talk to them again. Fine, so they are out, except for when I feel like being snarky. Not to worry. Cowards like that put people more intellectual than they are on ignore status, anyway.

While I will seldom be accused of agreeing with anything that the moronic rock licker guy says, he and I are in total agreement here.
Speak your mind! Squared! It may be incongruous to some, but I am intrigued with the idea that I can freely speak clearly with an intelligent person from another land who might disagree with me or my views.  Nothing much on the internet could be more engaging, other than maybe finding that damn tea I have not been able to find locally.

I will probably support most of what you can say, from what I have seen of your previous postings, such as giving up a bit of "mine" to help others, which I choose to do in my own way.

I mean, hell, I have donated three cars I had driven until I could afford a better (and those cars were well road worthy still, new tires and batteries and brakes and they worked fine) and I never took any of those donations off my taxes. I do not donate to those less fortunate to help me on my taxes. I am not rich. I am a regular guy (middle class, but I do my best). I do it to simply help people. I choose to do so in a more immediate way than allowing my donations to be filtered through a machine prepared by a government I only barely trust to build us roads and bridges lakes and ports.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #776 on: February 05, 2020, 07:41:44 PM »
Oh, I do not shoot people for having an opinion that differs from my own.
I would rather sit down, light up my pipe, maybe pour us both a cold one and work on coming to a kind of middle ground where we can partially agree on some points.
That would be a win for both sides of any argument.

I have only used my weapon once in my long life as a deterrent to an attack. I have been attacked or assaulted many times, but only once did the threat reach a level of life threatening proportion. I did not shoot anyone. I only fired between the feet of three guys who were robbing us and one had my girlfriend by the head with a knife at her throat demanding our valuables. I feigned that my wallet was in the car and they could have it. But what was in my console was my carry weapon.

Of course, my girlfriend thought I was crazy and left me right away. Smart girl. Never saw them again and never saw a police report of the incident. I got the hell out of there immediately. I had discharged a firearm in the city limits and did not really want to have to explain it fifty times that night.
 :hide:

But, hey we got away without being injured or robbed and none of the "bad guys" were injured, only scared half to death.  A .45 in your face can be interpreted as quite a threat.
I kept the knife, though.

Anyway, we are just "talking," here.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 07:46:04 PM by DirtDawg »

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #777 on: February 05, 2020, 07:45:58 PM »
"Do not dare..." is a warning, can be taken as threatening. If it was just rhetorical, then that's fine. If not, that's also fine.

I respect your opinion even though I disagree with you about a lot of things. You and I are drinking a very different brand of kool aid. I love having friends who see the world very differently to how I see the world, both in meatspace and online. 

At least when you're angry at me I don't have to wade through a 10,000 word essay to find out why. Where is Al anyway? :D

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #778 on: February 05, 2020, 07:54:52 PM »
none of the "bad guys" were injured, only scared half to death. 

I would have shot them. :)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #779 on: February 05, 2020, 08:06:00 PM »
Oh well, misjudged again......c'est la vie.  Won't do that again here!  Like loaning out books, never again.  Good night, children.........everywhere.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 08:09:24 PM by rock hound »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant