Author Topic: Trump is functionally retarded  (Read 24072 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Trump is functionally retarded
« Reply #735 on: December 03, 2019, 03:26:35 PM »
At this stage, only an idiot or a Republican would deny the evidence. It amazes me that anyone can, but then, I start from the assumption that you wouldn't tell an obvious lie to people's faces. With Trump and his cult, they simply don't care.

I miss the days when the definition of a bad president was George W Bush.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #736 on: December 03, 2019, 03:40:23 PM »
And, of course, if that call was so perfect, then why the hell does he stop his cronies from testifying? If his actions were legit, why does he continue to obstruct efforts to find out what happened? If he thinks stopping the aid was legit, why doesn't he tell the House what the reason was?

And seriously, the man who was forced to close down his so-called charity because of fraud is somehow interested in stopping the corruption in a country half a globe away? We're talking about the man who kept two books on his finances and who is now trying desperately to keep it all a secret. Who believes this shit? Yeah, I know, Al and the Republicans, but anyone *sane*?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #737 on: December 03, 2019, 04:49:41 PM »
And, of course, if that call was so perfect, then why the hell does he stop his cronies from testifying? If his actions were legit, why does he continue to obstruct efforts to find out what happened? If he thinks stopping the aid was legit, why doesn't he tell the House what the reason was?

And seriously, the man who was forced to close down his so-called charity because of fraud is somehow interested in stopping the corruption in a country half a globe away? We're talking about the man who kept two books on his finances and who is now trying desperately to keep it all a secret. Who believes this shit? Yeah, I know, Al and the Republicans, but anyone *sane*?

** Schiff is a fact witness and his staff helped the Whistleblower to bring an inquiry he preceded over
** President has no due process
** President has no right to confront the witnesses
** President has no right to bring forward witnesses
** President has not been convicted or indicted of any crime of any kind
** Rep. Adam Schiff made himself the investigator, the prosecutor, the judge and jury
** Rep. Nadler will take over and declare himself the lead investigator, prosecutor, the judge and jury
** Rep. Schiff determined which questions could be asked
** Rep. Schiff determined which questions could be answered
** Rep. Schiff denied Republicans their right to call witnesses
** Rep. Schiff is withholding evidence — The ICIG interview and testimony
** Rep. Schiff refuses to call in the alleged whistleblower to testify
** President Trump has NO IDEA who he is being accused by!
** The whistleblower has NO firsthand knowledge of President Trump’s phone call
** Democrats are trying to prosecute impeachment for a thought crime and the president’s “intent” — Something impossible to prove
** Whether it is Sondland presuming much, Marie feeling upset and scorned or Vindman not feeling like he was being listened to, there does not seem to be any substance, just feelings and disagreements.

Given all of this, what possible reason would Trump consider giving it ANY time? Look I understand what is in it for the Democrats but not for Trump, What do YOU think is in it for him to turn up and give it any credibility?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 04:54:23 PM by Chipmunk Al »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #738 on: December 03, 2019, 05:43:13 PM »
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #739 on: December 03, 2019, 05:59:56 PM »
I have as low an opinion of Trump as anyone but...

This impeachment process is a wankfest. An exercise in showboating. Trump will slither his way out of this, with the aid of his own party which hates him but finds him a useful distraction from their actual agenda.

The Dems need to be focusing on why they lost last time. I still don't think they get it, not even close. They need to show people that they have a better way forward, just being more competent and slightly less evil than Trump or whoever the Republicans throw up is not nearly enough.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #740 on: December 04, 2019, 07:59:41 AM »

This impeachment process is a wankfest. An exercise in showboating. Trump will slither his way out of this, with the aid of his own party which hates him but finds him a useful distraction from their actual agenda.

The Dems need to be focusing on why they lost last time. I still don't think they get it, not even close. They need to show people that they have a better way forward, just being more competent and slightly less evil than Trump or whoever the Republicans throw up is not nearly enough.

You are about half right

This WAS their way forward. The one thing they were united on. Their hatred of Donald Trump and this was the ultimate display. Very unifying. When the Russia thing first started, it did unify Far and moderate Left and all their supporters. Then it fell to pieces. This was a poor back up plan and a hope for some afterglow of the initial feelings back when the Mueller report investigation started.

The want it to be a compelling animated battle cry going into election. Instead it will be a rotting corpse.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #741 on: December 06, 2019, 03:40:02 AM »
Ill play, just for once, since you're parroting the faulty republican commentary.

** Schiff is a fact witness and his staff helped the Whistleblower to bring an inquiry he preceded over

This is how this particular process works. You should read up on it.

** President has no due process

This is how this particular process works. You should read up on it.

** President has no right to confront the witnesses

This is how this particular process works. Please read up on how this works. here is a good start: https://www.npr.org/2019/10/01/766176669/legal-experts-say-the-right-to-confront-accusers-does-not-apply-to-impeachment?t=1575624718973

** President has no right to bring forward witnesses

See the above.

** President has not been convicted or indicted of any crime of any kind

This is how this particular process works. Also, you should read up on how this whole impeachment thing works. There's this thing called the constitution that you might want to start with.

** Rep. Adam Schiff made himself the investigator, the prosecutor, the judge and jury

This is how this particular process works. Plus, see above about reading up on the subject. It's an *investigation*.

** Rep. Nadler will take over and declare himself the lead investigator, prosecutor, the judge and jury

See the above about process and reading up on stuff.

** Rep. Schiff determined which questions could be asked

Read the above. Etc.

** Rep. Schiff determined which questions could be answered

Read the above.

** Rep. Schiff denied Republicans their right to call witnesses

Read the above.

** Rep. Schiff is withholding evidence — The ICIG interview and testimony

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/impeachment-hearing-11-20-19/h_8f14d68157c6221c74075b8efc7f5a16

** Rep. Schiff refuses to call in the alleged whistleblower to testify

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistleblower_protection_in_the_United_States

** President Trump has NO IDEA who he is being accused by!

Quite the contrary, I'd say. Or maybe he doesn't know how this thing works either.

** The whistleblower has NO firsthand knowledge of President Trump’s phone call

https://apnews.com/2305510b6e23498c9298ed597ddccbac

** Democrats are trying to prosecute impeachment for a thought crime and the president’s “intent” — Something impossible to prove

A tricky one. If only there was evidence of the intentions, say, WH officials on video telling exactly what was going on and telling everyone to get over it, or maybe two weeks of public testimonies in congress. I dunno. Tricky.

Seriously, Al? If what you said held water there would be no way to convict anyone of a planned crime.

** Whether it is Sondland presuming much, Marie feeling upset and scorned or Vindman not feeling like he was being listened to, there does not seem to be any substance, just feelings and disagreements.

Are you going to do the "Vindman is really an Ukrainian sleeper agent" next?

Also, I notice that you left out Dr Hill. She's a bit more difficult to smear, though, and the very first thing she did was to debunk the Republicans' pet conspiracy theory.

Given all of this, what possible reason would Trump consider giving it ANY time? Look I understand what is in it for the Democrats but not for Trump, What do YOU think is in it for him to turn up and give it any credibility?

Oh, I do understand why he isn't turning up. It's the same reason as with the Mueller investigation. His lawyers argued he would incriminate himself. This is common knowledge.

But again, Al. Please read up on the subject before embarrassing yourself further.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #742 on: December 06, 2019, 03:46:47 AM »

Sure, absolutely, they need to do that too and I agree with you that they aren't even close, but there's also the fact that if they had let this one go, who'd ever take an impeachment - or the constitution itself, for that matter - seriously again? They'd effectively give him carte blanche to do it all over again.

I'd argue that it's their damned constitutional duty to investigate and to impeach, if that's where the investigation leads.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #743 on: December 06, 2019, 09:44:24 AM »
Wankfest or not, I agree they can NOT let this slide...or it opens the door to those that may follow to pull the same shit or maybe establish their very own dictatorship while wiping their feet on our constitution.

Even if they dropped everything and ONLY pursued him on obstruction of justice, abuse of power, and violating campaign finance laws...it's there, in plain fucking sight.

It's not like this is just another "blow job".

It's a little bit more.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #744 on: December 06, 2019, 12:45:17 PM »
Well, he treats the policies of your nation as his personal resources. He's guilty as hell.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #745 on: December 06, 2019, 01:47:12 PM »

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #746 on: December 08, 2019, 04:55:13 PM »
I agree that Trump is guilty as hell and should be in jail BUT the Senate will back him and Trump won't be impeached and Trump will claim that as evidence of his innocence and of what he claims is the Dems' petty vendetta against him.

It's gonna slide whether they let it or not. Regardless of the weight of evidence.

And come the next election, many voters will remember the Dems not as the party with a compelling alternative way forward for the nation, but as the party that spent most of Trump's term trying, and failing, to impeach him.

The media loves this kind of circus.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #747 on: December 10, 2019, 04:55:50 PM »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #748 on: December 11, 2019, 10:55:56 AM »
I'm hoping that they'll ask Trump to take the stand. Or Rudy.

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #749 on: December 23, 2019, 06:59:10 PM »