Author Topic: Trump is functionally retarded  (Read 24074 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Trump is functionally retarded
« Reply #675 on: November 14, 2019, 02:37:14 AM »
Trump is the symptom of the cancer that is eating away at your democracy. And our democracy. And many other democracies.

The cancer is neoliberalism. If you haven't already done so, look for "Requiem for the American Dream" on YouTube.

Right wing populism is the secondary cancer, driven by the inequality and hopelessness created by neoliberalism, and enabled by the idiots who fall for it.

The so-called left is also a cancer, a political movement that long ago abandoned the working class and embraced neoliberalism. Identity politics isn't the problem with the left, it's representative of the fact that they have nothing else left to stand for (apart from not being as bad as Trump and other prominent Republicans).

What we centrists must do is find a way to balance the two sides.
We never want to have one side win "everything,"  but a common sense balance of each side winning all the "big" issues at the end of the day.

I know I seem to lean right, but not so much as to believe any of the moronic crap you directed me to a few weeks back. I do believe that each should care for their own and take care of their neighbors. Be prepared to protect your own interests, not call 911 and wait for Johnny Law to show up after all is done smoldering and take names which will only go into a file to be forgotten.

We NEED a balance of efforts to surface from the mix. All I see these days is more bubbles popping up in the mix of politics, finger pointing, accusations and no solutions.

I was raised that when you go to your boss with a problem, you should bring a solution to the problem. Do not just assess blame and try to beat out your opponents. Bring a solution!

I do not see that happening, these days.

Even though you are a conservative and I am.... not a conservative, I suspect that we would agree on many things and politely agree to disagree on a few others.

The left has well and truly lost its way and no longer represents the people it is supposed to, pretty much by definition, represent.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #676 on: November 14, 2019, 10:25:20 AM »
Before discussing left and right, and all that's wrong with both of them... can't we just settle on a leader who doesn't commit new crimes every day?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #677 on: November 14, 2019, 10:42:28 AM »
I'm not crazy about the extremists on either side.

But I feel Trump is an incompetent, loud mouth, uncouth moron who has made our government into a traveling comedy show complete with his tribe of evangelistic nutters speaking in tongues.

I am continually surprised that he made it as far as he did in life.

I'll be happy to see them all go.

Online rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #678 on: November 14, 2019, 01:29:00 PM »
I'm not crazy about the extremists on either side.

But I feel Trump is an incompetent, loud mouth, uncouth moron who has made our government into a traveling comedy show complete with his tribe of evangelistic nutters speaking in tongues.

I am continually surprised that he made it as far as he did in life.

I'll be happy to see them all go.

Quoted for truth! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #679 on: November 14, 2019, 04:50:20 PM »
You're such an imbecile, Al. But then I knew that and shouldn't have bothered to read your post in the first place. I blame having been away from here.

Erdogan and Turkey would not have crossed the border if Trump hadn't OK'd it. You know this. It doesn't matter that there were so few of them, he wouldn't have dared. You're being dishonest but then, it's what you do.

The world of the orange idiot is so weird, though, that nobody's bothering to think about this now. It's the new normal for the US. Who cares about the Kurds now?

Well obviously the SDF as they have joined forces. Russia, an Assad ally, is coming to the fore and Trump brokered a cease fire.

You are being dishonest because you are dishonest. But i will give you an opportunity to show all that what you say is truth and fact. You made a big claim about Trump okaying Turkey to attack.

Big claims require big evidence. Show us all the evidence. No, go on. This is NOT JUST in your head is it? Your attempt to speculate on a Geo-political situation you are not a party to with no backing to support your redundant opinion? Surely this is not a guess that you are hanging your proverbial hat on? Right?

Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit you hack.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Online rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #680 on: November 14, 2019, 05:37:44 PM »
OK, another school shooting, tumpolini and the other magatards and nra douchebags.........this blood is on your hands! >:(
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #681 on: November 14, 2019, 07:35:41 PM »
The impeachment is a sham and i suspect most Americans know it for what it is.

Democrats blew it. Their hatred and over inflated sense of their own abilities vause the whole Mueller Russian collusion fiasco.

That fell apart spectacularly. They were now in a position that 2 plus years into him term and they had really nothing to show and no strong Democrats nor strong policies and no wins in legislative agenda. They had gone all in.

This is the hurriedly produced knockoff of t he Russia investigation. It is a Hail Mary attempt to remove or weaken Trump enough to win.

The fact that this was not what impeachment was designed for or that they have no crime undergriding this Inquisition is rather obvious and pathetic.

If Taylor and Kent were sat down and told "we are not interested in what you think, what you like or dislike, or any speculation. We are after backable facts and truth. This is serious business. We may be ejecting the President from office and therefore nullifying 63 million American votes. What do you have for us?" It'd be pretty quiet on their end
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:21:31 PM by Chipmunk Al »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #682 on: November 14, 2019, 08:07:00 PM »
The stupid and easily led think that the impeachment is a sham.

Anyone who can actually read and understand shit can see it for what it is. An attempt to hold an incompetent, corrupt, self-serving president to account.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #683 on: November 14, 2019, 08:32:09 PM »
:lol1:

The only thing blowing is maybe Nunes. But then he always was suck up.

If there's an afterlife, even Nixon is spinning in his grave like a rotisserie chicken watching this shit show.

Bribery, extortion, obstruction of justice, abuse of power...when they finally get their hands on his taxes I bet there's a few more they can add to the list.

But yeah, let's all wait and see how this "sham" plays out shall we?

Online rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #684 on: November 14, 2019, 09:15:01 PM »

If there's an afterlife, even Nixon is spinning in his grave like a rotisserie chicken watching this shit show.

Bribery, extortion, obstruction of justice, abuse of power...when they finally get their hands on his taxes I bet there's a few more they can add to the list.

Indeed! 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #685 on: November 14, 2019, 10:35:56 PM »
The stupid and easily led think that the impeachment is a sham.

Anyone who can actually read and understand shit can see it for what it is. An attempt to hold an incompetent, corrupt, self-serving president to account.

Fucking ridiculous thing to say.

The truth, if you can see it, is that Trump is boorish, uncouth and unsophisticated.  He does not care for the establishment or their ideas nor much for traditions or keeping the status quo.

It is entirely reasonable to think there may have been things he has done which were egregious enough to impeach.

The Trump trust whilst it's end result was that the donations went to charity (from WHT I understand) was inbetween used as a slush fund for his private/business account. Kind of I am short, I will borrow from here short term and pay it back. "Hey I paid it back and it ultimately was used to go to the right people, what is the issue?"

The issue is doing that is illegal. End result is fine but the stuff in the middle not so good.

So that is an example and one he was punished for. There are no doubt egregious and unlawful things he has done. Maybe he does need to be impeached for THOSE things BUT what you don'the do is impeach him over bullshit because he may have done something you have not found yet, nor because you disagree or don't like him.

That is the truth and there is no bribery or extortion. No affected parties. No one acting on assumption of withdrawn aid. No javelin missiles held up. When asked whether there was a quid pro quo needed at the time the President gave an unconditional No. The aid was released without anything needed to be done.

No facts support narrative

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #686 on: November 15, 2019, 11:58:03 AM »

Whoops...add

Federal witness intimidation to the list.

Can't keep up with this shit.  :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #687 on: November 18, 2019, 09:08:19 AM »
I always think it's hilarious when Al attacks me for commenting on Trump's so-called foreign policy. Al, mate, it's not just me saying all those things. You really need to start paying attention instead of blindly defending an orange moron so clearly unfit for office that even an idiot such as yourself should see it.

I know Washington Post keeps track of Trump's lies, but does anyone keep track of every new crime he commits?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #688 on: November 18, 2019, 06:26:08 PM »
Innocent until proven guilty, although I think there are many keeping track.

Possible impeachable offenses to consider without even mentioning bribery or anything else that could trigger "sensitive" supporters:

1. Obstruction of justice
2. Witness intimidation/harassment.
3. Contempt of congress.
4. Violation's of the constitution’s foreign and domestic emoluments clause/profiting from the presidency.
5. Advocating/inciting violence.
6. Abuse of power/reckless conduct.
7. The persecution of political opponents/countless attacks of the free press.
8. Violating immigrants rights to due process.
9. Violating campaign finance laws.

I'm sure I'm missing a few.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #689 on: November 18, 2019, 07:13:59 PM »
Trump is an idiot, but he has so far managed to maintain plausible deniability of his many misdeeds.

Meanwhile, his associates and supporters continue to take the fall for him.

Hey Al, can you take a selfie and post it on this thread. Just for reference purposes.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 07:17:05 PM by Minister of silly walks »