Author Topic: Trump is functionally retarded  (Read 24081 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Trump is functionally retarded
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2017, 01:06:14 AM »
And you think Trump's Russian problem is about Hillary losing? :facepalm:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2017, 03:56:56 AM »
And you think Trump's Russian problem is about Hillary losing? :facepalm:

I think his "problem" is that the outrage over this narrative is palpable and has a chilling effect on his ability to focus on his agenda (something I honestly think he needs to get past) and has a knock-on effect of trial by public opinion. If you were a Democrat and you has lost the House, Senate, Supreme Court and The Presidency, would YOU want the Republican President smeared and embroiled in scandal and potential career ending impeachable offence when the mid-term elections come up? If you wished to remove the sitting President and you did not have the numbers in Congress (Impeachment - as you know - is not decided by teh court, it is decided by Congress) wouldn't you want there to be enough distrust and uncertainty in the President to get them removed from office, by swaying the GOP (who may not be THAT far in the President's corner) that there is enough of a case to be made for impeachment?

But let's take it a slight step further. If you did not have a smoking gun but had enough spin and outrage and indignation to push a narrative, would you as a Democrat still push this for the same reasons above. Even if AFTER the investigation is finialised, that it may exonerate the President? What if Keeping up the pressure and maintaining the outrage and the fever pitch narrative shouting would be enough to have the GOP rethink their support of the President?

I think the above is more than likely and as probable a situation as any. Do I think the narrative was beat up because Trump beat Hillary and she and the DNC cannot appreciate that she was not the best candidate? Sure I do. I think it was petty and spiteful, but that is the nature of politics and politicians.

Politicians are pretty low as a people.

I am reasonably sure that this "Trump colluded with Russia to win the election" narrative will die a death at the end of the investigation. Will it show any people in any way had dealings with Russians? Absolutely. Will it say that some of these dealings were inproper or irregular or whatever? Maybe, maybe not. Will any of this equate to Trump being in Putin's pocket? No. Was there ever any evidence for that? No.

However, in the meantime, if the GOP are not stoic enough to resist the pressure of the howling mobs screaming for impeachment, Trump may get ousted. Secondly, IF this doesn't happen, it could still really affect him during the mid-terms.

BUT what if he survives this and the negative result comes in before the mid-terms? That may well be a game-changer. Trump seems to succeed despite all reason with the things he is trying for. You may point to the Ryancare bill or the "travel ban", but I see these things as not taken off the table but rather held up or suspended not canceled. He did really well to get elected, he did really well with the trip abroad, and if he does a halfway job AND investigations are negative in their conclusions as to his collusion with Putin, the mid-terms will be a wash for the Democrats.

It will be interesting to see which way this goes. Of course, MAYBE Trump is a secret Soviet Spy or something and a longtime confidante of Putin? That would be interesting too. Then Trump is gone and the Americans get the much more Liberal Mike Pence. I am joking of course. Pence is more Conservative and much more traditional that the New Yorker.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2017, 05:46:38 AM »
I think you choose what you want to see. I think you selectively ignore anything that goes against what you believe. Why that is, I don't know, but I find it interesting.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2017, 06:34:22 AM »
I think you choose what you want to see. I think you selectively ignore anything that goes against what you believe. Why that is, I don't know, but I find it interesting.

There is not too much to see and a lot of big names like Morrel, Clapper, Feinstein and Grassley saying that there is no evidence to conclude that Trump colluded with Russia. This is AFTER it was proven he WAS spied on and Surveilled by the Obama Administration (remember when that was a conspiracy theory and denied by everyone?) and despite the volume of leaks.

There is no smoking gun. But there is an investigation and a lot of noise.

One thing that I am curious about is whether the FBI ever had access to the DNC servers or whether the DNC did not let the FBI have a look at it. I think I remember them saying that they were blocked from accessing the servers and that a DNC paid firm was allowed to access the servers and then concluded it was the Russians that hacked them and passed this "intel" to the Authorities. Any reason this "intel should be taken at it's word and not collaborated?

Especially as theories around murdered DNC staffer, Seth Rich seem to float around saying that HE hacked the computers and was passing this information through intermediaties to Wikileaks? Kim Dotcom is now getting into the picture saying that he has information and Rich's family seem to support Kim Dotcom was involved.

It might be nothing. Maybe Seth Rich was shot by randoms and robbed without anything taken from him and the FBI needed to investigate his death for no particular reason. Maybe. Maybe Kim Dotcom is just grandstanding too.

Or maybe the FBI and other agencies were prepared to take direction from a company paid by the DNC may have been aware of who they were hacked by and instead of blaming it on Seth Rich the DNC staffer, blamed it Russians.

That would be funny as Hell.

But the thing is you say I am being selective but that is not true is it? I am not going to go all in on this Seth Rich Theory because the evidence is not there. It is speculative and whilst fascinating and titillating is not more than that. The Trump and Russia collusion theory has even less than that. I can absolutely believe that Putin wants to influence America and that Russia will seek to spread misinformation, propaganda and seek favour and such. I can absolutely believe that many people in Trump's team had contact with Russians. THAT is NOT saying or evidencing or leading one to the conclusion that THEREFORE Trump colluded with Russia to win the election or that Trump is in Putin's back pocket. None of that is evidence. Mannafort I think (more than Flynn) campaigned for Russians. He probably has the best chance of being turned to Putin's dark side. Now if he did then.....it still does not mean Trump colluded with Russians to win the election.

Keeps coming back to this same point. No evidence. Even asking as to what is most probable and the answer is, it is unlikely. Not impossible. Same as the Seth Rich leaks/murder theory is unlikely but not impossible.

I do not much care if I am wrong or right but I do not see, from all I mentioned above that it is selective analysis on my part.

I wonder if there is ANY Russian collusion or connections in the Democrat camp?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2017/02/18/no-one-mentions-that-the-russian-trail-leads-to-democratic-lobbyists/#4ab2edc93991

Probably not

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 06:44:04 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2017, 09:03:25 AM »
 :spitscreen: 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2017, 03:09:17 PM »

I know. Too much fir you to process.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2017, 03:50:36 PM »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2017, 08:17:14 PM »

Bite me.

Seems I was right

Yeah, there's nothing there Al.

That's why 4 committees are working on the investigation, a special counsel prosecutor has been appointed, the FEDS are involved, and the cheeto recently lawyered up.

Nope, nothing to see here, absolutely nothing...they're all just meeting up, ordering pizza, and wasting the taxpayers money. ::)

Now I'm going to go back to ignoring you, because anything else is just a monumental waste of my time. You see what you want to see, and will continue to do so, until the shit hits you in the face.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2017, 09:07:32 PM »

Unlike Clinton, Trump does not seem to leave bodies lying around behind to find.

How many Clinton investigative authorities does it take to make a "suicide" into a suicide? Apparently a bunch of them in Vince Foster's case.

Sorry. I know. Off topic, but fuck sake people.
This country is close to being in shambles and all anyone wants to do is beef on one thing?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2017, 09:27:42 PM »

Unlike Clinton, Trump does not seem to leave bodies lying around behind to find.

How many Clinton investigative authorities does it take to make a "suicide" into a suicide? Apparently a bunch of them in Vince Foster's case.

This country is close to being in shambles and all anyone wants to do is beef on one thing?

I know. :P

Just pissed this election has brought out all the hatred it has. People that don't live here are privileged not to be living the reality of it all when they turn on the evening news.

We needed better choices. We didn't have them.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2017, 12:05:02 AM »

I know. :P

Just pissed this election has brought out all the hatred it has. People that don't live here are privileged not to be living the reality of it all when they turn on the evening news.

We needed better choices. We didn't have them.
We needed better choices in the last five presidential elections.
We did not get them.

We have what we Have and finding a way to move forward is essential. There is a lot of work to do.

Quit bitchin about a lost election, get over it and address your Congressional representatives, we should all be doing. (sorry, but looking back it looks like Yoda wrote that.)
That is how this shit works.
 :viking:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2017, 07:29:29 AM »

Bite me.

Seems I was right

Yeah, there's nothing there Al.

That's why 4 committees are working on the investigation, a special counsel prosecutor has been appointed, the FEDS are involved, and the cheeto recently lawyered up.

Nope, nothing to see here, absolutely nothing...they're all just meeting up, ordering pizza, and wasting the taxpayers money. ::)

Now I'm going to go back to ignoring you, because anything else is just a monumental waste of my time. You see what you want to see, and will continue to do so, until the shit hits you in the face.

4 investigations on the investigation? Right?

No, you are not THAT ignorant of politics in your own country are you? Do you see investigating and say "They are investigating Trump!" Bet you do. No, there is four Congress backed investigations that get conflated and none of them are investigating Trump.

1. There is an investigation on wiretapping/surveillance (This embarrassingly has shown now since the last year of Obama's term, NSA over-reach in illegal surveillance has been substantial)
2. There is investigation on unmasking (Susan Rice is layering up and asking for immunity BUT there is talk that other big names like Comey, Lynch, Clinton, Obama or Brenna may have done so and misused this)
3. There is an investigation on white house leaks (Apparently 3 people in the Trump Administration have their heads on a chopping block so to speak. I am betting Powell, and maybe McMaster, and maybe Preibus and maybe Spicer).
4. There is an Investigation on Russian interference in the election (This one is short on any public results. It seems to be more of the same - They ATTEMPTED to hack the polling booths and they hacked the DNC and gave leaked emails to Wikileaks.)

However, there is also a special counsel set up by the FBI to Investigate the Trump campaign and members in his campaign.
3. There is investigation on Russian interference on

So YES Icequeen they can simultaneously have a bunch of investigations and them not only NOT all be about Trump BUT at the same time, not all be ordering pizza.

Now I suppose for a second you imagine that shit will somehow hit me in the face because I am an American and I voted for Donald Trump and I am invested in America.....see what I did there? Now you see how ridiculous you are?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2017, 08:53:24 AM »
What the fuck are you even talking about Al?

Do you even know anymore? Have you honestly gone back and read some of the crazy ass crap you write?

It doesn't make any fucking sense!!!!!

Now I suppose for a second you imagine that shit will somehow hit me in the face because I am an American and I voted for Donald Trump and I am invested in America.....see what I did there? Now you see how ridiculous you are?

You're an American?? Fuck no, everyone knows that.  ::)
Thank fucking heaven too I will add.

I meant that eventually as this progresses you might get a cluex4 and wake up from your idiotic coma.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2017, 09:09:52 AM »
What the fuck are you even talking about Al?

Do you even know anymore? Have you honestly gone back and read some of the crazy ass crap you write?

It doesn't make any fucking sense!!!!!

You're an American?? Fuck no, everyone knows that.  ::)
Thank fucking heaven too I will add.

I meant that eventually as this progresses you might get a cluex4 and wake up from your idiotic coma.

Sure it makes sense. You not understanding it does not mean it makes no sense.

If you want to see what does not make sense. Contextualise this:

Now I'm going to go back to ignoring you, because anything else is just a monumental waste of my time.

Did you ignore me?

No, you didn't. Why not? It could be that you are a liar, you have a poor short-term memory or that you are so incensed that you are saying any crazy crap that pops into your head with no filter. You say you will ignore me but you won't, or is it can't, or is it that you had no intention of ignoring me in the first place? I don't mind either way. But you have already apologised once for your lack of control, it would be rather humiliating doing it again.