Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19675 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #810 on: February 27, 2017, 12:10:16 PM »
...and maybe I think you're naive and ignorant for believing what you do.

Each of us can choose what we want to believe...and in the end it isn't going to matter anyways. You're some random aspie with no social life posting on a forum from another country...and I'm some random aspie with no social life doing the same...the only very tiny difference being that I vote in this country. 

We aren't going to change a fucking thing...it's just interesting drama.

The difference being that I've made the most of my lack of a social life, learning about politics.  Where as you've just continued to watch the same news and have learned nothing.  I guess if you've not got the desire to question your beliefs and learn new things by now, you never will have.

...and I basically think you have learned nothing also. So we're even.

Well your trouble is that you don't think.

:orly: Maybe I do and I just think you're not worth my time arguing with. 

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #811 on: February 27, 2017, 08:02:17 PM »

I hate when people do that. The scale is 1-10.  >:(
:gopher:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #812 on: February 27, 2017, 08:24:42 PM »

Trump isn't the only one to say something that never happened.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:27:09 PM by Cleocatra »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #813 on: February 27, 2017, 09:38:44 PM »
No one cares what Clinton says anymore, and that's the big difference. I also sometimes say things that never happened. :zoinks:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #814 on: February 28, 2017, 04:33:10 PM »
Trump is all about hyperbole, broad generalisations and exaggerations. When he says a hundred people did x you can take it for granted, it wasn't a hundred people, maybe two or three dozen.
What does the press do, to discredit him, either deny his claim whole cloth or show what he was referring to. In the first instance they get shouted dozen as people show through social media and Conservative outlets, the dozens of people and they get slammed fot being fake news, or they show it was just the dozen people and he gets exposure on whatever he was talking about.

Its clever and it plays the press like a violin.

I think it is not entirely honest of him but it is not the worse kind of dishonesty. No secret billions in the dead of night to Iran, I never had sexual relations with that woman, I handed over all the emails kind of lying
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #815 on: February 28, 2017, 05:15:53 PM »
Retarded and brainwashed Odeon showing he gets 'his' views from 'comedians' like Bill Maher.  No one with multiple brain cells is missing W.  The war industry is of course and Obama as well.  They were both identical, Obama being slightly worse.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #816 on: February 28, 2017, 05:19:06 PM »
Trump is all about hyperbole, broad generalisations and exaggerations. When he says a hundred people did x you can take it for granted, it wasn't a hundred people, maybe two or three dozen.
What does the press do, to discredit him, either deny his claim whole cloth or show what he was referring to. In the first instance they get shouted dozen as people show through social media and Conservative outlets, the dozens of people and they get slammed fot being fake news, or they show it was just the dozen people and he gets exposure on whatever he was talking about.

Its clever and it plays the press like a violin.

I think it is not entirely honest of him but it is not the worse kind of dishonesty. No secret billions in the dead of night to Iran, I never had sexual relations with that woman, I handed over all the emails kind of lying

You're entitled to an opinion, of course. I'd rather have a competent president lying about an affair than an incompetent one lying about, well, everything.

It's not smart, it's stupid. Smart is to make people think you're telling them the truth.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #817 on: February 28, 2017, 06:06:30 PM »
Retarded and brainwashed Odeon showing he gets 'his' views from 'comedians' like Bill Maher.  No one with multiple brain cells is missing W.  The war industry is of course and Obama as well.  They were both identical, Obama being slightly worse.

:facepalm2:

http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #818 on: February 28, 2017, 07:38:20 PM »
I find what he actually did say more interesting:

Quote from: NBC interview with Stone Phillips, October 1998
    Mr. TRUMP: I’d like to see major tax cuts.

PHILLIPS: Along the line, for what the Republicans are talking about —eight hundred billion or so? Would you go that far?

Mr. TRUMP: Along the lines of that number, yes, approximately at that number, and could even be more.

PHILLIPS: Health care?

Mr. TRUMP: [I’m] liberal on health care, we have to take care of people that are sick.

PHILLIPS: Universal health coverage?

Mr. TRUMP: I like universal, we have to take care, there’s nothing else. What’s the country all about if we’re not going to take care of our sick?

PHILLIPS: Abortion?

Mr. TRUMP: I hate the concept of abortion. I hate anything about abortion, and yet, I’m totally for choice. I think you have no alternative.

PHILLIPS: Gun control? Where do you stand on that?

Mr. TRUMP: If you could tell me that the bad guys, the criminals, wouldn’t have guns, I’d be a hundred percent for gun control. But the fact is, if you have gun control, the only people that are going to obey the laws, are going to be the good guys. So the bad guys are going to have the guns, the good guys aren’t going to have the guns, and what good does that do us? So, I’m not in favor of it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #819 on: February 28, 2017, 10:59:16 PM »

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #820 on: February 28, 2017, 11:39:21 PM »

:bigcry: Shes already dead, why would he grab something that wasn't there anymore?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #821 on: March 01, 2017, 01:34:26 AM »

:facepalm2:

http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/

Fair enough. Didn't know that. +

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #822 on: March 05, 2017, 09:59:10 AM »
*Stay tuned next week for another episode of "Russiagate".....

*Will Donald prove that Barack tapped his wires?
*Will Steve admit to his drinking problem?
*Will Kellyanne confess her love for Donald?
*Will Donald have yet another twitter meltdown?
*Where is Melania?
*What happened to all those Russian diplomats?
*Will Donald meet the same fate?

:popcorn:

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #823 on: March 05, 2017, 03:27:43 PM »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #824 on: March 05, 2017, 06:06:48 PM »
:lol1:   :plus:  That troll doll needs the back story.

Not suitable for children. A naked troll doll made in the likeness of President Donald Trump has raised almost $300,000 via Kickstarter, more than seven times its original goal of $38,000 for manufacturing costs.

The campaign, which was launched by Wisconsin-based artist Chuck Williams earlier this month, received an overwhelming response, with the goal amount met on Sunday, February 19, with 24 more days to go in the campaign.

According to the New York Daily News, Williams was previously a senior staff sculptor for the Walt Disney Co. in the late '90s and now runs a studio with his wife. The artist first shared photos of a prototype for the doll to Facebook in mid-February.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/this-naked-trump-troll-doll-kickstarter-has-raised-almost-300000-w468865

Here's the kickstarter page, for a pledge of $25 plus $5 shipping gets supporters their own trump troll doll. It's reached over $400,000 now with 9 days remaining.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/560181280/trump-troll-doll-sculpture-by-chuck-williams