Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19426 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Could be Trump?
« on: September 25, 2016, 06:01:36 AM »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 04:37:06 AM »
  No relation to me!  :M
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 03:00:43 AM »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 03:16:05 AM »
Fuck me, I'm speechless. I didn't think it would happen. A Trump victory in the USA...

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 03:22:20 AM »
I didn't think it would happen either. I'm stunned. I really thought Clinton would win. What kind of people voted for Trump?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 03:25:32 AM »
  On the upside, comedians everywhere will have a wealth of bizarro behavior to lampoon.  :-\
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 03:35:33 AM »
I did not need this at all. I did not want this. The right wing takeover of the West continues to march on without much resistance.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 03:40:48 AM »
I didn't think it would happen either. I'm stunned. I really thought Clinton would win. What kind of people voted for Trump?

Well that is where the whole issue is. We KNOW that part of the problem was that they talked up a narrative of Trump supporters all being poor uneducated white males. THAT is not a huge enough demographic to win.

They did not mention that the black vote was 200-300% higher than previous Republicans (around 15%) or that the Hispanic vote was in the 40%'s. THAT was against the narrative. Trump supporters crossed all boundaries and were diverse.

Now as to motivations to vote Trump were diverse too. But again this talk to pigeon hole them into being racists and bigots was inaccurate and misrepresentations.

In characterising the Trump supporters they deliberately cast them ion a way that marginalised them and dismissed them as a real threat. Hillary had the numbers because only a small number of dumb rednecks vote for Trump....but then how could she lose IF that narrative was correct. Unless of course it never was right.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 05:11:42 AM »

Well that is where the whole issue is. We KNOW that part of the problem was that they talked up a narrative of Trump supporters all being poor uneducated white males. THAT is not a huge enough demographic to win.

They did not mention that the black vote was 200-300% higher than previous Republicans (around 15%) or that the Hispanic vote was in the 40%'s. THAT was against the narrative. Trump supporters crossed all boundaries and were diverse.

Now as to motivations to vote Trump were diverse too. But again this talk to pigeon hole them into being racists and bigots was inaccurate and misrepresentations.

In characterising the Trump supporters they deliberately cast them ion a way that marginalised them and dismissed them as a real threat. Hillary had the numbers because only a small number of dumb rednecks vote for Trump....but then how could she lose IF that narrative was correct. Unless of course it never was right.

The media's condescending racism on that was disgusting.  No more smugness now I hope.  No one likes Clinton, that was the main problem.  She is the poster girl for corrupt politicians. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 05:32:30 AM »
Hilary Clinton got pretty much half of the popular vote, but nobody likes Hilary Clinton, apparently. Okay, sure. Whatever you say. :wanker:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 06:13:18 AM »
An asshole for president. Yippee. :facepalm2:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 08:06:57 AM »

I just couldn't berlieve the freaking newsthis morning. My condolences to you Americans .

Yeah, they did pretty much the  same thing about Brexiters.   The weird thing is, since Brexit won, people are still calling the Brexiters racist, and citing the Brexit vote as evidennce that racism in Britain is rife. Fed up of reading "I'm ashamed of my country" etc, since Brexit 

Actually,  I've been ashamed of my country for decades, and depressed by the toxic, increasingly right-wing political agenda. which has increasingly widenened the gap between rich and poor, irrespective of which party wins the elections. Brexit was , overwhelmingly, a working-class movement from people who felt similar to myself.  We'd had enough of economic arguments which equate to"Jam tomorrow" for most of us, but always turn out to mean "More jam today" for the rich and powerful, and increased austerity for the rest of us.  Much of that economic punishment was driven by/supported by the EU, which has been credibly painted as a "bosses club"

I suspect that the  Trump supporters were similarly motivated. but -hang on- doesn't he represent your right-wing party? At least , we Brits weren't voting for any particular political party. The right wing somehow managed to dominate the debate on both sides of the argument, so they could effectively take credit for whichever result; but that result certainly didn't empower the right wing; rather, it's prompted a general shift to the left.  Which is what most of us really want. in actuality

Congratulations! You now have a bigoted , filthy rich, right wing  buffoon  as head of state.  Is that what Americans really want? I doubt it. But I guess he looked like the least of two evils. And I guess that a lot of poor  Americans have reached the same point that many of we Brits reached: anything that purports to be  a major challenge to the status quuo has to be worth a shot.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 08:50:59 AM »
An asshole for president. Yippee. :facepalm2:

Can we lock him in the bathroom?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 08:54:59 AM »

I just couldn't berlieve the freaking newsthis morning. My condolences to you Americans .

Yeah, they did pretty much the  same thing about Brexiters.   The weird thing is, since Brexit won, people are still calling the Brexiters racist, and citing the Brexit vote as evidennce that racism in Britain is rife. Fed up of reading "I'm ashamed of my country" etc, since Brexit 

Actually,  I've been ashamed of my country for decades, and depressed by the toxic, increasingly right-wing political agenda. which has increasingly widenened the gap between rich and poor, irrespective of which party wins the elections. Brexit was , overwhelmingly, a working-class movement from people who felt similar to myself.  We'd had enough of economic arguments which equate to"Jam tomorrow" for most of us, but always turn out to mean "More jam today" for the rich and powerful, and increased austerity for the rest of us.  Much of that economic punishment was driven by/supported by the EU, which has been credibly painted as a "bosses club"

I suspect that the  Trump supporters were similarly motivated. but -hang on- doesn't he represent your right-wing party? At least , we Brits weren't voting for any particular political party. The right wing somehow managed to dominate the debate on both sides of the argument, so they could effectively take credit for whichever result; but that result certainly didn't empower the right wing; rather, it's prompted a general shift to the left.  Which is what most of us really want. in actuality

Congratulations! You now have a bigoted , filthy rich, right wing  buffoon  as head of state.  Is that what Americans really want? I doubt it. But I guess he looked like the least of two evils. And I guess that a lot of poor  Americans have reached the same point that many of we Brits reached: anything that purports to be  a major challenge to the status quuo has to be worth a shot.

When you say "your" who are you talking to? Me or Renaeden? We are both Aussies.

I dunno about him being a racist. He may or may not be. I have seen people alluding to him being racist but no one has adequately should me him being a racist. or a bigot. He IS filthy rich but at $150 million, Hillary is not exactly poor. He is far from stupid too.

I dunno. I think he is better than Hillary but it was a pretty poor choice. Like when we had Gillard and Abbott. I held my nose and went Gillard and I really disliked her, but Abbott was worse.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:58:32 AM by Al Swearengen »

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 08:59:59 AM »
I am disgusted and scared shitless.  However, it is what it is.  The news guys are saying that this is a movement, not a campaign.  There was talk that Trump ran as a Republican to ensure that Clinton was elected.
That this whole thing went wrong.

Being autistic, I don't always read faces correctly.  But it did seem that he was more subdued, more aware of the awful blow Fate handed him.  And that is what it is.  He joins an elite club of men who can change the world.  In the end whatever happens to us, it will fall on him.  The good, the bad, the ugly.  He will have to take responsibility for America, his life and his legacy.

I just want this bitterness and hatred between the parties to end.  Find SOME common ground.  Democrats and Republicans an Independents and everyone else will have to work together or we will perish.  "United we stand, divided we fall." 

Stay Calm and Have Faith.  That's all we've got.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: