Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19611 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #210 on: December 09, 2016, 12:35:53 PM »
Actually Trump is that thin-skinned, Al. If you don't believe it you just haven't been paying attention or have basic comprehension issues. Or both--the two frequently go together, now that I think about it.

It's kind of sweet that you seem to completely ignore anything that goes against your beliefs--which is pretty much everything--but hey, we all have our heroes and thus our blind spots.

:laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #211 on: December 09, 2016, 12:47:30 PM »
They come even in his absence, leaning against the metal barriers that line Fifth Avenue, posing for selfies and group photos or just gazing up at the soaring black tower that is home to Donald J. Trump, the president-elect of the United States.

On a recent evening, with Mr. Trump out of town for a victory lap in Indiana and Ohio, a stream of tourists from around the world paused to take in the Midtown Manhattan building emblazoned with his name. A man hawking political buttons exclaimed, “It’s a feeding frenzy!” Sarah Britcher, a teacher from West Virginia, said she and her friends had been shopping in the area and made a point of stopping by Trump Tower.

“It seems like a more important building than it was before,” Ms. Britcher, 29, said. “We just wanted to make sure we could pass by and see it.” Another passer-by fumed to her companion, “I wish I could throw something at it.”

Mr. Trump has long been an intermittent source of irritation for New Yorkers, from his days as a tabloid exhibitionist to the long months of the 2016 campaign. But that clash has reached a new and potentially explosive phase since Nov. 8, as he has transformed his signature building — home to his penthouse apartment and business headquarters, and previously his campaign office — into a base of operations for his frenzied presidential transition.

New York has never before given the nation a president so disliked by its own voters. The last New York native to have won the presidency, Franklin D. Roosevelt, earned a festive serenade from throngs of his neighbors in Hyde Park in 1940 to celebrate his historic re-election to a third term. In contrast, Mr. Trump’s victory touched off days of angry protests in Midtown, where demonstrators chanted, “New York hates Trump.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/09/nyregion/donald-trump-new-york-protests.html?_r=0

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #212 on: December 09, 2016, 01:12:08 PM »
Actually Trump is that thin-skinned, Al. If you don't believe it you just haven't been paying attention or have basic comprehension issues. Or both--the two frequently go together, now that I think about it.

It's kind of sweet that you seem to completely ignore anything that goes against your beliefs--which is pretty much everything--but hey, we all have our heroes and thus our blind spots.

It is you that has not been paying attention and who's comprehension is lacking. The reason is because of your ideology. That same ideology that has you falling all over yourself to "defend Muslims" from people who are discussing the effect of radical Islamic extremism. That is YOU. You and your blind spots.

But here is where confirmation bias comes in. I EXPECT Trump will fuck up. Not with everything but along the way in the next 4 years. I do not think he is a "nice" guy. I would not probably like him as a friend or relative. But unlike you, I am prepared to look at him an Clinton and acknowledge from a couple of bad options, he was the best. I am also not that much of a slave to confirmation bias as you are, that I will spend the next 4 years looking for every opportunity to shoot him down in flames.

That is you too. If your blind spots were any larger you would need the help of cane, white dog to and radio propaganda from Lord Haw Haw about how wonderful Granny Satan is and how nasty Trump is.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #213 on: December 09, 2016, 01:37:31 PM »

Who knows? He could be the first world leader to start a war because of butthurt over a tweet.

The only person butthurt is Clinton, who was crying hysterically in her hotel room and drunkenly trying to attack people  :hahaha:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2016, 01:39:15 PM »
Trump is full of hot air.

Anyone that's followed him in the news the last 30+ years knows how full of hot air he is and what a narcissistic fuck he can be.

"Look at me, look at me, look how wonderful,
powerful, .and brilliant I am...look at all the great things I've done so far. Let me twitter about them.

Don't you dare disagree with me, or I will troll you."

:roar:
If it wasn't so sad and creating so much division among everyone, it would actually be fun to watch.   

It sort of reminds me of how Nixon used to drunk dial people.

Mass murdering, pathological lying psychopath- narcissistic troll.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2016, 03:24:55 PM »

It is you that has not been paying attention and who's comprehension is lacking. The reason is because of your ideology. That same ideology that has you falling all over yourself to "defend Muslims" from people who are discussing the effect of radical Islamic extremism. That is YOU. You and your blind spots.

But here is where confirmation bias comes in. I EXPECT Trump will fuck up. Not with everything but along the way in the next 4 years. I do not think he is a "nice" guy. I would not probably like him as a friend or relative. But unlike you, I am prepared to look at him an Clinton and acknowledge from a couple of bad options, he was the best. I am also not that much of a slave to confirmation bias as you are, that I will spend the next 4 years looking for every opportunity to shoot him down in flames.

That is you too. If your blind spots were any larger you would need the help of cane, white dog to and radio propaganda from Lord Haw Haw about how wonderful Granny Satan is and how nasty Trump is.

/shrugs

I didn't expect you to admit your issues. Luckily what you think (or rather don't) is of very little consequence to anyone.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #216 on: December 09, 2016, 05:47:39 PM »

/shrugs

I didn't expect you to admit your issues. Luckily what you think (or rather don't) is of very little consequence to anyone.

It sounds to me like a bad case of projection but then I don't expect you to admit your shortcomings.

Here is the difference though, I do not know if Trump is going to be good, bad or indifferent. I am open to either possibility. I know he talks a big game and I expect a lot of it is hot air. I know him to be a flawed human. I am also open to the fact that he may do good too.

You are not. One of us may have issues, but I hardly think that is me.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2016, 11:54:05 PM »
Someone like Kasuch, Rubio or Cruz may have been a "better choice" than Trump, but would have been murdered by Hillary.

Actually, the polls showed that any of those 3, Kasich especially, would've easily beaten Clinton because of her high negatives.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #218 on: December 10, 2016, 01:41:21 AM »
Someone like Kasuch, Rubio or Cruz may have been a "better choice" than Trump, but would have been murdered by Hillary.

Actually, the polls showed that any of those 3, Kasich especially, would've easily beaten Clinton because of her high negatives.

At this stage you arent saying that you trust the polls, right?

Trump easily handle each of those three. She would have too. With the media and the establishment on side, even smooth clean Marco Rubio would have been fitted up. Poor old Ted would have been stitched up worst of all.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #220 on: December 10, 2016, 06:28:37 AM »

Anyone that's followed him in the news the last 30+ years knows how full of hot air he is and what a narcissistic fuck he can be.

powerful, .and brilliant I am...look at all the great things I've done so far. Let me twitter about them.

If it wasn't so sad and creating so much division among everyone, it would actually be fun to watch.   

Nixon drunk-dialed?  How funny!  I wonder if Trump is a drunk tweeter.  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #221 on: December 10, 2016, 09:00:01 AM »

No he does not drink or do drugs. His older brother died of alcoholism very young and he swore off both.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #222 on: December 10, 2016, 09:31:02 AM »
http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/09/technology/trump-russia-hackers-cia/index.html

"Hey did you hear the one about Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. They are there, perhaps we should invade them because of it. Whoops. lol"

What about the video that resulted in Benghazi?

I think at the moment what we KNOW is that there was hacking. That COULD have definitely have come from Russian sources. DID it absolutely? No one knows. It is best guess. If it did come from Russia or a Russian, was it done with knowledge of Vladimir Putin or the Russian Government? No idea.

Would it be the height of dishonest calling this fact and retaliating against Putin based on this as suggested in the Clinton New Network's article? Of course.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #223 on: December 10, 2016, 11:21:09 AM »

Al is right, he doesn't drink.

Which makes it even more scary.  :laugh:

The jury is out on the drugs, coke always flowed freely at his parties as it did with most, but if he does it (and I really have to agree with Carrie Fisher on this one though)...he's smart enough to do it behind closed doors so no one can see.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #224 on: December 10, 2016, 03:13:00 PM »
http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/09/technology/trump-russia-hackers-cia/index.html

Something to keep watching. I think it's only just begun.

I just can't understand what took them so long.