Educational

Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19658 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2016, 08:22:03 PM »
I wasn't referring to "my" neighbors...I was referring to his.

Oh well.   :yawn:

Time for my shower.

Offline Grey Area

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2016, 09:50:35 PM »
I heard the meme guy won.
There are no atheists when the toilet water is rising.
:GA:  :trollskull: 

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2016, 06:47:07 PM »
One representative is pledging not to cast his electoral college vote for Trump.

Quote from: New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/opinion/why-i-will-not-cast-my-electoral-vote-for-donald-trump.html

The United States was set up as a republic. Alexander Hamilton provided a blueprint for states’ votes. Federalist 68 argued that an Electoral College should determine if candidates are qualified, not engaged in demagogy, and independent from foreign influence. Mr. Trump shows us again and again that he does not meet these standards. Given his own public statements, it isn’t clear how the Electoral College can ignore these issues, and so it should reject him.

Mr. Trump lacks the foreign policy experience and demeanor needed to be commander in chief. During the campaign more than 50 Republican former national security officials and foreign policy experts co-signed a letter opposing him. In their words, “he would be a dangerous president.” During the campaign Mr. Trump even said Russia should hack Hillary Clinton’s emails. This encouragement of an illegal act has troubled many members of Congress and troubles me.

Hamilton also reminded us that a president cannot be a demagogue. Mr. Trump urged violence against protesters at his rallies during the campaign. He speaks of retribution against his critics. He has surrounded himself with advisers such as Stephen K. Bannon, who claims to be a Leninist and lauds villains and their thirst for power, including Darth Vader. “Rogue One,” the latest “Star Wars” installment, arrives later this month. I am not taking my children to see it to celebrate evil, but to show them that light can overcome it.

Gen. Michael T. Flynn, Mr. Trump’s pick for national security adviser, has his own checkered past about rules. He installed a secret internet connection in his Pentagon office despite rules to the contrary. Sound familiar?

Finally, Mr. Trump does not understand that the Constitution expressly forbids a president to receive payments or gifts from foreign governments. We have reports that Mr. Trump’s organization has business dealings in Argentina, Bahrain, Taiwan and elsewhere. Mr. Trump could be impeached in his first year given his dismissive responses to financial conflicts of interest. He has played fast and loose with the law for years. He may have violated the Cuban embargo, and there are reports of improprieties involving his foundation and actions he took against minority tenants in New York. Mr. Trump still seems to think that pattern of behavior can continue.

The election of the next president is not yet a done deal. Electors of conscience can still do the right thing for the good of the country. Presidential electors have the legal right and a constitutional duty to vote their conscience. I believe electors should unify behind a Republican alternative, an honorable and qualified man or woman such as Gov. John Kasich of Ohio. I pray my fellow electors will do their job and join with me in discovering who that person should be.

Fifteen years ago, I swore an oath to defend my country and Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. On Dec. 19, I will do it again.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2016, 01:19:28 AM »
So how many more need to do this?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2016, 08:23:40 AM »

38 total...I believe, although they are saying 36 in other reports.

Won't happen, although I wish it would. 

I don't feel he's going to last long in office anyways...he hasn't even started and he's already managed to piss off China.  :LOL:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2016, 09:56:17 AM »

38 total...I believe, although they are saying 36 in other reports.

Won't happen, although I wish it would. 

I don't feel he's going to last long in office anyways...he hasn't even started and he's already managed to piss off China.  :LOL:

Yes, agreed, he is not going to last. The tragedy is that he was put there to begin, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2016, 01:25:36 PM »
It's proof that the bullshit theory still works.

"If you can't blind them with brilliance...baffle them with bullshit" :P

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2016, 06:06:56 PM »
You two idiots still haven't grasped it have you?  People like you who want to overturn democratic results are the problem.  You still haven't bothered to educate yourself on Clinton and how she would have been a million times worse than Trump.  When that guy is talking about Trump not being experienced enough with foreign policy, what he really means is that Trump is a serious problems for the arms industry. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2016, 06:39:03 PM »
overturn democratic results
Agreed. Screw this guy's conscience. He's an attention whore shouting for everyone to look at him, making a stand for nothing. Nevermind his oath to the people to vote for his party's nominee, nevermind that he's known for five months who that nominee is, nevermind that his personal vote is apparently more important than all of the people who his vote is supposed to represent.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2016, 07:05:18 PM »
Texas Republican Elector Art Sisneros resigned from the Electoral College last week, because his conscience dictated he could not cast a vote for Trump. He will be replaced from the pool of electors and the people he represented will get their vote. The duty of electors is not to vote their conscience, it's to represent the vote of the people. Christopher Suprun should shut up and do his job, or go home.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2016, 07:19:29 PM »
You two idiots still haven't grasped it have you?  People like you who want to overturn democratic results are the problem.  You still haven't bothered to educate yourself on Clinton and how she would have been a million times worse than Trump.  When that guy is talking about Trump not being experienced enough with foreign policy, what he really means is that Trump is a serious problems for the arms industry.

Go fuck yourself Benji.

...and your definitely not qualified to call me an idiot. :laugh:

Not your country.
Not your president.
Not your life.
Not you listening to his dumb ass for 4 years.

I never said I wanted to overthrow anything, just stated what I read, and that it might be nice.

The process was put there for a reason at the time and a valid one, however fucked up it may be to me right now that I feel we have an idiot running the country, he's there for 4 years, or until his stupid ass gets impeached because he can't keep his big, fat mouth shut and follow proper political protocol.

What's he going to tweet about next? The fucking nuke codes? So you're the fucking president...fine...just start fucking acting like one.

Like I said before, 4 years isn't long, and I can change the channel.  :spitscreen:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2016, 07:34:41 PM »
Two weeks after Trump was officially announced as the republican party nominee, Georgia elector Baoky Vu also resigned his position. If Suprun abstains from voting or votes for anyone other than Trump, the only thing his conscience will accomplish is to make a name for himself in American history.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2016, 07:46:43 PM »
Washington Democratic Elector Robert Satiacum has stated he will not vote for Clinton. Satiacum should also shut up and do his job.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2016, 07:49:00 PM »
Washington Democratic elector Peter Chiafalo has stated that he is not sure if he will vote for Clinton. Chiafalo is still considering being a "conscientious elector" and ignoring the result of his state's popular vote. Peter Chiafalo should shut up and do his job.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2016, 08:14:22 PM »
Colorado democratic elector Polly Baca says she still hasn't decided if she will honor her pledge to vote for Clinton. Polly Baca should shut up and do her job or go home.