Educational

Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19446 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #975 on: March 31, 2017, 09:07:41 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #976 on: March 31, 2017, 09:45:52 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it.

Agreed. Anything less is really political gossip. Plenty on both sides.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #977 on: April 01, 2017, 01:47:21 AM »
An anonymous source has informed me that Donald Trump is actually 3 Oompa-Loompa's in a suit. :orly:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #978 on: April 01, 2017, 03:10:39 AM »
An anonymous source has informed me that Donald Trump is actually 3 Oompa-Loompa's in a suit. :orly:

Probably no worse than any other anonymous sources then, in terms of accuracy.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #979 on: April 01, 2017, 03:22:28 AM »
All those anonymous sources make it really hard to following the news.
My newspaper explusin a while ago that they would be using information from newsagencies in the USA, but that they could not vouch for it being true, because of all the use of realy anonimous sources.

Even lots of news from Syria has more verifiable sources.  :GA:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #980 on: April 01, 2017, 03:48:35 AM »
All those anonymous sources make it really hard to following the news.
My newspaper explusin a while ago that they would be using information from newsagencies in the USA, but that they could not vouch for it being true, because of all the use of realy anonimous sources.

Even lots of news from Syria has more verifiable sources.  :GA:

I am in two minds with it, of course, more speculation and anonymous sources is more drama and excitement. It makes things interesting and so on. My big problem is when people choose one narrative over another BASED on anonymous sources. I am cool saying "Such and such said x and so wouldn't it be hilarious/hysterical/scary/mindblowing if y happened"

Treat what is proven as real and what is not as potential. Not fact.

My big prediction in all of this is that Trump will remain President. Obama and every other person in the Obama Government and Hillary and her groupies, will all get away with whatever they are accused of. No one will go down for anything and IF anything is actually discovered and proven, it will result in changes but no criminal charges or jail time for anyone.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #981 on: April 01, 2017, 04:09:47 AM »

I am in two minds with it, of course, more speculation and anonymous sources is more drama and excitement. It makes things interesting and so on. My big problem is when people choose one narrative over another BASED on anonymous sources. I am cool saying "Such and such said x and so wouldn't it be hilarious/hysterical/scary/mindblowing if y happened"

Treat what is proven as real and what is not as potential. Not fact.

But there is no "such and such" saying X. It's anonimous. It could be true, it could be fiction. There is no way of verifying  the source, not even for the journalist writing the article. Yet people reading or hearing it act on it as if it could be true. Fiction is getting too big an influence.

I'm old school. News should be gathered in a way similar to science. Give sources, check sources. Nothing wrong with biased sources, as long as the context is clear.

Long time ago my dad would write reports with a colleague. To make sure they read and checked one another, they'd hide fiction or recipes in their texts, like Easter eggs for the other to find.

Nothing wrong with fiction on the Potuses either. But make it a story or a fiction novel.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #982 on: April 01, 2017, 04:13:13 AM »
So, my thought on this?

Either the journalists are not doing their fucking job or the USA has become such a repressed country (via sueing) that people don't dare to be a verifiable source any more. I sure hope the latter isn't true.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #983 on: April 01, 2017, 09:08:36 AM »
Take it with a grain of salt and as rumor until proven otherwise.

I personally tend to enjoy unverifiable sources from people with a past high accuracy level...I view it like having a potential warning system before a possible shitstorm.  :laugh:

There is so much shit flying here lately they can't seem to keep up with it or edit it fast enough.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #984 on: April 01, 2017, 01:33:31 PM »
JΞSŦΞR ✪ ΔCŦUAL³³º¹‏ @th3j35t3r 22h22 hours ago

#FLASH A previously reliable source says they have 2 further sources stating Trump is "considering his options, including resignation".
1,342 replies 6,142 retweets 11,353 likes

:popcorn:

Another option would be suicide. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #985 on: April 01, 2017, 02:17:06 PM »
JΞSŦΞR ✪ ΔCŦUAL³³º¹‏ @th3j35t3r 22h22 hours ago

#FLASH A previously reliable source says they have 2 further sources stating Trump is "considering his options, including resignation".
1,342 replies 6,142 retweets 11,353 likes

:popcorn:

Another option would be suicide. :M

Actually I've thought about that since the beginning.   :P

He's the first one I think that is unstable enough that I would consider at risk when the ship starts sinking.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #986 on: April 01, 2017, 08:55:53 PM »
He should commit seppuku.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #987 on: April 01, 2017, 09:34:35 PM »
An alternative would simply be, settle in, take down or minimise those that are warring against him fulfil his promises he made to the people that elected him and work through any roadblocks the people aligned against him have currently put up. And no, not all people have to like or support it, but he was voted in to do exactly that.

I think this is more constructive

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #988 on: April 01, 2017, 09:36:37 PM »
 :thumbup: Come to the USA and have fun with that.

Me, I'm venting online because I'm pissed off about unrelated things.

After all, seppuku is a time-honored tradition and Trump attempting to participate would only defile the ritual.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #989 on: April 01, 2017, 09:45:42 PM »
:thumbup: Come to the USA and have fun with that.

Me, I'm venting online because I'm pissed off about unrelated things.

After all, seppuku is a time-honored tradition and Trump attempting to participate would only defile the ritual.

I know, I just see (not only here) everyone saying 'He has to step down", "he should kill himself", "he needs to give up". Why ought he not just do what he was elected to do?