Author Topic: Could be Trump?  (Read 19504 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Could be Trump?
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2016, 07:12:28 PM »
Maybe not some random, but any talking head could have beaten Hilary with decent backing. 
Do agree than any other republican candidate could have stood a better chance at winning than trump. That's probably why many people have believed all along he was never intended to win. It may very well speak to the notion the US simply isn't ready for a female president, if a seasoned politician can't beat someone with no political experience at all. Then again, have said before, not being a politician may have been the main thing Trump had working in his favor.

Hell No. Trump dissected all of them with relative ease but in Hillary it was a back and forth arm wrestle. Hillary would have eviscerated them.
That's entirely possible. Though I still think it's a valid consideration she might have lost to most anyone because she's female.

What did being female have to do with anything? The very things that bought her down were NOT related to gender so.....?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2016, 07:53:24 PM »
Completely outrageous Jack.  If Jill Stein had billions in endorsements and all the support of Hollywood and the media, she would have beaten Trump.  Instead, the media completely ignored her. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2016, 07:57:02 PM »
Maybe not some random, but any talking head could have beaten Hilary with decent backing. 
Do agree than any other republican candidate could have stood a better chance at winning than trump. That's probably why many people have believed all along he was never intended to win. It may very well speak to the notion the US simply isn't ready for a female president, if a seasoned politician can't beat someone with no political experience at all. Then again, have said before, not being a politician may have been the main thing Trump had working in his favor.

Hell No. Trump dissected all of them with relative ease but in Hillary it was a back and forth arm wrestle. Hillary would have eviscerated them.
That's entirely possible. Though I still think it's a valid consideration she might have lost to most anyone because she's female.

What did being female have to do with anything? The very things that bought her down were NOT related to gender so.....?
It's only a supposition. Could be way off base, but there's no denying Clinton had the support of top feminist activist. Steinem and Albright both pushed it to the point of having to make public apologies for making insulting comments toward women who were not Clinton supporters. One of the things that brought her down could also have been some people standing up to the rise of a feminist agenda.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2016, 07:59:44 PM »
Completely outrageous Jack.  If Jill Stein had billions in endorsements and all the support of Hollywood and the media, she would have beaten Trump.  Instead, the media completely ignored her.
The media ignored her because the media always ignores independent parties. Fully agree the green party deserves a better shake, but that does not negate the fact that a vote for the green party is the same as not voting at all. Stein had support, but not the support she needed because it wasn't in anyone's interest to support her.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2016, 08:00:01 PM »

Actually I think that she was a better candidate than Bernie but it became such a polarised election that she could not get any traction. Better than Trump? Policy wise....I dunno. By I really like her. Smart and tough. Yeah, if I was a voter and had her or Trump as a viable option I would look through her issues and policies under a microscope to see whether I could allow myself to get onboard with her because she is a much more "Presidential" candidate and with the right policies could be the kind of person to make good changes.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2016, 08:02:33 PM »

It's only a supposition. Could be way off base, but there's no denying Clinton had the support of top feminist activist. Steinem and Albright both pushed it to the point of having to make public apologies for making insulting comments toward women who were not Clinton supporters. One of the things that brought her down could also have been some people standing up to the rise of a feminist agenda.

Yeah those Feminists did her no favours but I think that this is counterweighted enough with the "First woman President" contingent. I think the things that really rocked her was the hammering away about emails, illness (weakness) and Clinton Foundation/Clinton Cash. Oh and that whole DNC fiasco.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2016, 08:25:57 PM »

Yeah those Feminists did her no favours but I think that this is counterweighted enough with the "First woman President" contingent. I think the things that really rocked her was the hammering away about emails, illness (weakness) and Clinton Foundation/Clinton Cash. Oh and that whole DNC fiasco.
Never really got the impression the public was floored about the emails. The health issues, yes maybe, especially for older voters. Frankly was surprised either Clinton or Trump had much of a chance because of their age. The country was taken aback by the speculations about Regan, but that was a long time ago so younger voters may not consider it as much.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:02:50 PM by Jack »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2016, 09:04:11 PM »

Never really got the impression the public was floored about the emails. The health issues, yes maybe, especially for older voters. Frankly was surprised either Clinton or Trump had much of a chance because of their age. The country was taken aback by the speculations about Regan, but that was a long time ago so younger voters may not consider it as much.

True. Trump at 70 seems pretty fit and healthy but I wonder what he will be like at 73 or 74, towards the end of next term. Even more so at 77 or 78 if he is elected for a second term.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2016, 04:46:53 AM »
Life expectancy in the US when Reagan was elected would have had him die by the end of his first term. Today, I think Trump is expected to die by the end of a possible second term.

And that's just waaaaay too late. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2016, 06:46:08 AM »

Clinton was always the candidate put forward by the machine of big business and the people knew it.  I can see why people didn't want her.  In this case the machine judged the people incorrectly.  But with Trump?  Despite having travelled and worked in the US I was still amazed at how many people could overlook his racist and misogynist attitudes, which over here in Europe would be show stoppers.  I really do feel that your acceptance of hate speech to minorities and talk of sexual violence does not reflect well on your international reputation.

I always said that I thought Trump was a stalking horse set to take out Clinton and pave the way for someone else.  When he won the vote I thought I must be wrong...  but now he's starting to backtrack on some fairly main points he stood on.  Did the game stop with the election result or is it still being played out?

This soap opera may not yet be over.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2016, 07:25:28 AM »

Not completely outrageous.

SO owns a bar, 80% of the guys that come in voiced that they wouldn't vote for her for that very main reason.

...and I quote. "the last thing we need is some goddamn woman
 in the White House."

It is what it is...believe it or not.

Jill Stein didn't have a flying chance, everyone knew that. Half of the people I know didn't even know who the hell she was.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2016, 07:43:14 AM »

SO owns a bar, 80% of the guys that come in voiced that they wouldn't vote for her for that very main reason.

in the White House."

Jill Stein didn't have a flying chance, everyone knew that. Half of the people I know didn't even know who the hell she was.

Source?

No one knew who she was because the media completely ignored her and naive Sanders supporters either gave up or magically transformed into Clinton supporters overnight. 

To make out she didn't win because she's a woman is definitely outrageous.  If that parasite had been replaced with Stein and got the same coverage and support from retarded celebrities, she would have done better, probably won. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2016, 07:49:45 AM »

So you prove my point.  The socially minded right are completely against mass immigration and multiculturalism.

So far as I can tell, this statement bears absolutely  no relationship whatseoever to either your point or mine.

Of course, I can't speak for you, but before you waste time explaining it to me, I'd liike to suggest that you  just shrug and put me down as an idiot. I'll be in decent enough company , and that will save me from having my brain turned to jelly.

Thanks .

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2016, 08:01:06 AM »

in the White House."

Source?

Source...over half the fucking patrons in the bar.
...and I was referring to why Hillary didn't get the vote.

I already stated that half the people here didn't even know who Jill Stein even was.

We need a foreign exchange program so that everyone can spend a year living in rural redneck America.

Then you can feel free to call bullshit...and tell me I'm making this shit up.   :zoinks: 

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2016, 08:21:57 AM »

We need a foreign exchange program so that everyone can spend a year living in rural redneck America.

Then you can feel free to call bullshit...and tell me I'm making this shit up.   :zoinks:

Sounds like a great idea, IQ. Can we have one for for North and (Urban) Midlands of England too? (the villages don't count. They pretty much all turned into dormerville for wealthy commuters  long ago). Then people might begin to grasp the real reasons why we voted for Brexit.