Educational

Author Topic: By what metric do you measure social decay??  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
By what metric do you measure social decay??
« on: August 30, 2016, 11:06:28 AM »
I was drinking and thinking last night, what causes societies to decay and the best answer I could come up with is a breakdown of parenting culture.

If you look at the sorry state that blacks in America are in, it can easily be explained by over 75% of black babies being born to single mothers, often with multiple baby dadys. I've seen some of these mothers in action. They invest very little effort into their kids and mostly let them grow up like weeds. The results are predictable.

Now this is happening in white society too, since feminism told us in the 70's that women should dump their kids off at day care and go have careers just like their husbands, the quality of their kids is in decline too.

I'm thinking at this point that you could draw a chart between the amount of time that mothers spend investing in the raising of their kids and the health of society. As parenting declines, so does society as a whole.

The problem I have is coming up with a metric to show the results of declining parenting culture producing a decline in society. What would be the most accurate result to measure??

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: By what metric do you measure social decay??
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 11:47:18 AM »
So what's your excuse? You're white, right? :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:31:10 PM »
I was drinking and thinking last night, what causes societies to decay and the best answer I could come up with is a breakdown of parenting culture.

If you look at the sorry state that blacks in America are in, it can easily be explained by over 75% of black babies being born to single mothers, often with multiple baby dadys. I've seen some of these mothers in action. They invest very little effort into their kids and mostly let them grow up like weeds. The results are predictable.

Now this is happening in white society too, since feminism told us in the 70's that women should dump their kids off at day care and go have careers just like their husbands, the quality of their kids is in decline too.

I'm thinking at this point that you could draw a chart between the amount of time that mothers spend investing in the raising of their kids and the health of society. As parenting declines, so does society as a whole.

The problem I have is coming up with a metric to show the results of declining parenting culture producing a decline in society. What would be the most accurate result to measure??

Inequality is the surest way to fuck up a society.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 02:54:30 PM »
It has nothing to do with "inequality".  To think that big business just cares about women's rights is ludicrous. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 02:56:44 PM »

It's not just that though.  It has a lot to do with "selfism" now.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 03:21:58 PM »
It has nothing to do with "inequality".  To think that big business just cares about women's rights is ludicrous.

I don't understand.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 04:06:01 PM »

Inequality is the surest way to fuck up a society.

Right. And the way you are raised is a big factor in how successful you will be later on in life.

Very few people come from fucked up homes to be huge success stories, doesn't matter much how rich or poor you are.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 04:14:52 PM »
Tend to conceptualize social decay in terms of actual visual decay, cleanliness, upkeep of the old, development of the new. Some places actually look like they're dying, probably because they are. Economic success is key.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 06:12:15 PM »
I think that societies are by necessity both for the good of all and to give the next generation better than what the previous generation had, allowing our children a better legacy

A society that disempowers the individual, ruins the legacy and can't protect its community and culture is ultimately doomed
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 06:51:04 PM »
Tend to conceptualize social decay in terms of actual visual decay, cleanliness, upkeep of the old, development of the new. Some places actually look like they're dying, probably because they are. Economic success is key.

That. Combine it with lack of opportunities, no hope of leaving, need for money.

Parenting could play a part I guess, but not totally I think. I've seen some really fucked-up parents with really successful and "good" kids, and vice-versa.

Most people I think become a product of their environment...but there are always a few that choose to learn from it instead.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 04:36:28 PM »

I don't understand.

What don't you understand?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 04:46:42 PM »

I don't understand.

What women's rights have to do with anything :dunno:

I was talking about financial inequality. I suppose I should have made that clear :laugh:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 04:56:15 PM »

I don't understand.

I was talking about financial inequality. I suppose I should have made that clear :laugh:

They come under the same category don't they?  Women are always fighting for the right to be payed the same as men. 

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 05:05:43 PM »

I don't understand.

They come under the same category don't they?

I wouldn't say so.
Of course women should get equal pay, but that's a different issue.

I was talking about inequality between the rich and poor.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 12:49:36 AM »
Inequality between women's and men's pay is wrong, of course. Assuming of course that the woman and the man in any one particular instance, filling the same post, can do the job in an equally proficient and productive manner. If they cannot then the one who does the job best should get the post or if there are more than one for the post, or multiple workers working at the same task, the ones who do the job better should be able to expect some considerations by way of earning more, as reward for spending more time at the work, and doing the job better,

But if there be two equal candidates or employees who work equally well, equally hard then obviously they should be paid equally regardless of their karyotype and their reproductive biology. Unless your a hooker or stripper then what lies between your legs is largely irrelevant. Yes, there are certain tasks that women should not do, such as working with teratogenic/highly mutagenic chemicals during some industrial processes when pregnant or of an age where they might get pregnant unless taking hormonal type birth control, but again that is no judgement upon the worth of the worker, it is to protect an as yet unborn baby from being born a fucking train wreck, with severe physical and or mental disabilities of the most crippling kinds. I don't think women of childbearing age, who are both inherently fertile, capable of carrying a pregnancy to term without genetic illnesses that mandate having no children, and/or who do not agree to take (preferably implanted so it cannot be forgotten) contraceptive measures. And if not the likes of an IUD or implanted chemical contraception then they should remain abstinent, because condoms can fail, and oral contraceptives can be forgotten, if they are to work in certain chemical sectors (and yes I include fellow chemists of my sort, who are either hobbyists or self employed, or of course both as well as those who work in industry.)

Its simply because I really do not believe children yet unborn should ever be subjected to such things, aside from cases of potentially teratogenic medical treatment which cannot either be changed or ceased, in which case the mother in potentiae need think long and hard. (for example, valproates in epilepsy) and where exposure can be avoided it should ergo, be so. 

In other cases I am all for the equality of male and female. The difference in acceptability to me in this case, is because it is the female which carries the gestating foetus, and presents the risk of prenatal exposure to the teratogenic/mutagenic agent.

Social decay..hm, having families who are poor, or who are degenerates (think frank gallagher, lager-swilling gutter rats. basically), chavs (err, oops. see I already listed 'degenerates':P), heavy islamisation of the area lived in, especially when it affects schools, and white children are forced to play second fiddle to masses of muslim children, and there are few white children to associate with, and even more so when that or similar mass immigration problems result in a largely nonwhite population, or many many non-whites coupled with a great many eastern europeans who do not speak any, or who speak little/poor standards of english (not saying I have a problem with eastern europeans, the romanians excepted, because that lot aside, I do not)

Mass immigration into an area coupled with 'white flight' further concentrates the problem.

Some is less easy to word. I went into an area recently, the other side of the city to pick up some gear and was absolutely shocked (to say nothing of horrified) by the extent of the deprivation and how severely the area was run down. Buildings falling to pieces, humanoid rats scurrying about. The degenerate type of crackheads etc., and traces of smack-rat degenerates (I am not calling anyone who uses H a degenerate example of murine rubbish, not all are, use it sometimes, and I know I am nothing of the sort. I am talking about the type of trash, and trash they certainly are, who leave their used needles and foils hanging about the streets rather than disposing of them. There exist exchanges that give out clean rigs and points, filters, along with single use amps of sterile water, plus citric acid sachets for cooking [a majority, I'd say, of the gear in at least england and likely the rest of the UK, is heroin freebase rather than HCl or acetate, this has the effect when a little caffeine is added to retard decomposition in the heat, of allowing it to be smoked. Because there are a lot who don't shoot it at all and only smoke. And a LOT of H users are homeless, and whilst it is not difficult, they would not, and the ones I've known to pick up from/through, not one of them knew how, and indeed I do not believe any of them would have been capable of understanding simple instructions on procedure. And to boot, small quantities of anything are inherently more difficult to work with due to mechanical losses than larger ones. Access to decent solvents is another tricky one for people unlucky enough to be on the streets. The base is intended for smokers, whilst converting from base to salt is much easier, simple as adding a bit of citric acid or vitamin C, adding water, then depending on the characteristics of the gear itself, applying a little heat)

But this place was run down, crawling with pikey vermin, poor area, places falling down, used fucking needles not taken to an exchange but simply used and tossed into the street, where fucking children can find the damn things. I'm sure as hell not going to go picking them up, but it disgusts me nevertheless, what happens if some poor kid gets a needlestick from a diseased user who caught HIV from sharing a needle? well obvious what happens. Or can happen if they are not fortunate. And at that age they shouldn't even have to know about such things. Its disgusting.

Being a poor area as well, plus perhaps the number of homeless, reflecting the council's assistance or lack of assistance, and that of other, charitable organizations, access to adequate medical care, and how the elderly are treated I think, are also of importance. That last is less tangible in how the effect upon society can be assigned numerical values but nevertheless important.

Access to enough jobs is another one. This ties in with medical care, because if a member of the family is severely ill it may well be that the rest of the family, or the breadwinner cannot then work due to having to be a full time carer.

Plus if your already poor, employers might well be inclined to look down on you and treat you like dirt.
Immigrants taking jobs that should go to white british folk, not someone coming over from some middle eastern/african country or the balkans in order to find work and take advantage of our NHS to get medical treatment for free that they would have to pay for there is another factor. And filth like romanians coming over in organized gangs, often employing kids to steal and mug and scam. Nobody wants to live in an area full of them.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.