Educational

Author Topic: Mass shootings can't happen in Germany because of gun control.  (Read 2811 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Mass shootings can't happen in Germany because of gun control.
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2016, 08:37:03 AM »
Funny how you seem to think that opposing bigotry in whatever form it comes equals "emotional reasoning". Me, I happen to think that banning a group of people from entering the US for no reason at all other than a confused millionaire's vote fishing is upsetting, just as I think blaming Mexicans and suggesting a wall between the US and Mexico for those same reasons is upsetting.

It's not what we were told America stands for. It's not compatible with the ideals they helped originate and then signed with a whole bunch of other countries after WW2, the idea being to learn from recent history and make sure it doesn't repeat itself.

This, of course, is where you inject your BS about the rights of countries to stop anyone they want at their borders, an utterly irrelevant deflection to avoid having to defend the obvious bigotry in the proposal, and actually quite sad. I really did think you were smarter than that, a few months ago. Obviously you aren't.

If it's emotional reasoning to join the choir in pointing out the eerie similarities between Hitler in the early 30s and Trump today, then I'm fine with it.

I do not think

:2thumbsup:

It kind of shows. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2016, 09:01:45 AM »
Funny how you seem to think that opposing bigotry in whatever form it comes equals "emotional reasoning". Me, I happen to think that banning a group of people from entering the US for no reason at all other than a confused millionaire's vote fishing is upsetting, just as I think blaming Mexicans and suggesting a wall between the US and Mexico for those same reasons is upsetting.

It's not what we were told America stands for. It's not compatible with the ideals they helped originate and then signed with a whole bunch of other countries after WW2, the idea being to learn from recent history and make sure it doesn't repeat itself.

This, of course, is where you inject your BS about the rights of countries to stop anyone they want at their borders, an utterly irrelevant deflection to avoid having to defend the obvious bigotry in the proposal, and actually quite sad. I really did think you were smarter than that, a few months ago. Obviously you aren't.

If it's emotional reasoning to join the choir in pointing out the eerie similarities between Hitler in the early 30s and Trump today, then I'm fine with it.

I do not think

:2thumbsup:

It kind of shows. :laugh:

You are not a good judge of such things, Rapist. You have not even come up with who and how I am a bigot. It is precisely because YOU do not think. You are too emotional with your reasoning.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2016, 10:11:03 AM »
What media outlet are 'liberal'?
The vast majority are here.

In what way?
By reporting news stories which support left-wing politics, and/or promoting a left-wing opinionated slant to reporting of events. While there are a couple of mainstream news outlets in the US which are considered to have a conservative bias, and all news outlets probably display some degree of centrism, US news generally has a liberal political tone.

'Liberal' you mean?  They are liberal in the slightest.  Call it 'left wing' if you want.  They are just all corporate/globalist media.
Liberal and conservative political viewpoints are synonymous with left and right wing in the US.

Apparently so. 
What does it mean where you are?

The same pretty much, but it doesn't really mean anything neither here or there.  The 'Liberal Democrats' formed a coalition with the Conservative party and were both in favor of secret courts, and gay marriage.  The Labour party hates the working class and one of the Green party's main goals was to build more houses.... 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2016, 10:16:14 AM »
Because of their cheerleading to pour millions of Arab and African Muslims into Europe?

Because it is the humane thing to do. In case you didn't know, there is a war going on and people are fleeing for their lives.

No it is not, it's the most idiotic thing to do.  The most humane thing to do is not destroy countries so that people have a reason to leave, and then encourage them to do so by making it well known that they will now be picked up a few miles of the coast of Libya if they try to get to Europe by boat.  They ought to told that they have no place in Europe and they will be taken straight back to their set sail from.  Or better still, stop the boats leaving shore.

It would be far better if the war could be stopped. The vast majority of these people didn't (and don't) want to leave--they, like most of us, have built up their lives in their home countries, and having to leave everything behind is not what any one of us wants.

There is room in Europe, plenty of room, and the people are going to board those boats--any boats--regardless. The logical thing for us to do would be to make it safer for them. I'd suggest providing transport. It would probably save both money and lives.

Not "stopped", just never started.  Obama knew he was funding Al Qaeda and still went ahead with it.  Of course, but we must get to the route causes and put an end to it all. 

No there isn't, Europeans do not want a million people from a different culture pouring into their country, that is clear.  They don't need to skip neighbors like Israel, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Dubai  Plenty of room there and they are very rich countries. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2018, 12:07:19 PM »
 :facepalm2:

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2018, 11:10:04 AM »
No reply to the facepalm, just negging my karma?

Two can play that game, and I can play it a lot better than you. :-*

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2018, 07:47:58 PM »

There was nothing to reply to.

You're the one who started the karma negging you mendacious little fucking scumbag!!   :finger:

Hide behind the admin panel because that's the kind of passive agressive coward you are.   :M

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2018, 08:20:51 PM »
Mass shootings can happen anywhere that people have access to guns. Duh. Mass stabbings can happen when people have access to knives and motor vehicles can be used to run people over where people have access to motor vehicles.

Has anyone actually claimed that mass shootings cannot happen in France or Germany? Or is this another bad strawman argument?

Some countries have tried, with significant success, sensible restrictions on who can own guns, what type of guns people can own, where guns can be carried and how they can be used. The claim is not that all gun violence can be eliminated this way. Just as requiring people to obtain drivers' licenses and putting a speed limit on a fucking road is not the same thing as making the claim that speed limits and drivers' licences mean that there will be no road deaths ever.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2018, 08:31:27 PM »
Mass shootings can happen anywhere that people have access to guns. Duh.

Which is literally everywhere on planet earth. Duh.

Even a clever prisoner, given an empty shell casing, can reload it and construct a zip gun to fire it.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2018, 03:04:09 AM »

You're the one who started the karma negging you mendacious little fucking scumbag!!   :finger:

Hide behind the admin panel because that's the kind of passive agressive coward you are.   :M

Oh, fuck off, Scrap. You started this one and you know it.

You've been doing the passive-aggressive thing for years now and you know it. Little things like that 'odeot' moniker. Don't try to hide by claiming it's all me using the admin panel. You're not some choir boy - they'd never admit you.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2018, 03:05:59 AM »
Has anyone actually claimed that mass shootings cannot happen in France or Germany? Or is this another bad strawman argument?

Scarp is what Scrap does.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2018, 05:00:26 AM »

Oh, fuck off, Scrap. You started this one and you know it.

You've been doing the passive-aggressive thing for years now and you know it. Little things like that 'odeot' moniker. Don't try to hide by claiming it's all me using the admin panel. You're not some choir boy - they'd never admit you.

You started it months ago you hypocritical scumbag. In fact I saw you admitting to it in the comment on his karma negging you fucking idiot. You do this because as Admin you can exert more power and influence, on your aged person's retirement home of a forum, by ignoring the member restrictions of time limits of members and neg karma Scrap excessively by abusing your Admin panel. It is you being you and starting shit as a member and retaliating to the pushback as an Admin. You are weak and slimy. Not an adult and not a man. Worm.