Author Topic: Right wing Political Correctness??  (Read 188 times)

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Right wing Political Correctness??
« on: July 02, 2016, 02:26:56 PM »
This guy makes some good points.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Right wing Political Correctness??
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 09:25:58 PM »
I really like Jon Stewart. He is smart and honest.  Bill Maher too.
I don't think he was entirely wrong but not entirely right either. When he is speaking of the right here, he isn't speaking about Job Bush, nor Paul Ryan, nor the GOP. None of these guys does what he is saying. He is specifically referring to Trump and using the right and Donald Trump interchangeably.

The point of Donald Trump being thin-skinned I am ambivalent about. On one hand Stewart makes a good point. Donald Trump bas a big ego and couple that with being thin-skinned would hold to his argument of why he doesn't "get over it". Alternatively it may be that in the past someone prodded him for a reaction,  got one and he refused to let it slide, and further remembers who has wronged him and how, as to factor around known detractors in the future.

Are people too PC nowadays? Of course they are. is Donald Trump? Absolutely not. Is Trumps way of speaking just being non-PC or is it bigoted, non-nuanced, speaking in generalities and shorthand, is he just not thinking?

My belief is that he deals with sensitive important issues with the delicacy of a pregnant hippopotamus on rollerskates. I think he has important messages that he delivers badly. However on the other extreme,  many people hesitate to address sensitive issues or when doing so water it down with nuance to that it loses meaning and force. I know (for example) when he talks about Mexican immigrants he is not talking about ALL Mexican immigrants but just illegal immigrants and the problems arising from illegal immigrants.  I suspect most people who attack him on this know he is talking about illegal immigrants.  He makes it easy for them to attack him, because of  his aptitude for not often distinguishing Mexican immigrants, then ignoring when he does distinguish.

So the "Your mother is a whore" anecdote is not incorrect. IF that is NOT how Trump wishes to come across then he should better phrase and nuance what he says. This is blatantly apparent. It should NOT be up to everyone else to read anything aelse into what he says or look at the context or press him until he clarifies. It is critical and has been since before the end of the primaries. Whether a new campaign manager will make the difference for him at this stage, I dunno?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:33:23 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap