Author Topic: Parasitic liars projecting their propaganda  (Read 2463 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Parasitic liars projecting their propaganda
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2016, 04:12:36 AM »
:deadhorse2:

Repeating the same baseless claim over and over is :deadhorse2:

So flamebaiting is the obvious solution?

No it is simply adapting to your new argument structure. I can do it equally as well. You would notice in our first callout that there was  a lot more even and take and the reason for that is based on the fact that your method of argument was not as poor as this one. But this one of weak subjective and unsubstantial claims repeated over and over with the definition of the claim offered as evidence of what is being claimed is something anyone can do. You can argue whether the fact that we can do something is any argument as to whether we should But I may call that flamebaiting or perhaps disingenuous or perhaps obfuscation. Then show you the definition and repeat the claim over and over.

Al, I honestly don't know what more to say on the subject. If you'd been displaying the kind of behaviour I highlighted outside the very narrow confines of that subject, there might have been more to add. Examples, nuances, what have you. But you're not a dishonest person as a rule, intellectually or otherwise, and so all I could do was to point out what I did, including that definition and all that came with it, and that's really it.

I think maybe you made it to be about more than it actually was, thinking I was calling you a liar or dishonest, and that wasn't the case. You are entitled to calling my argumentation weak, of course, just as I am entitled to disagree with that notion, but I don't think you can force me to add more if I think there isn't more to add. The way this sort of thing should have been resolved then was by asking what the peanut gallery thought.

The tiptoeing was even more problematic as the subject of a callout, since it is an observation based on how I've seen you behave in the past. The Al I know would not hesitate to call people out if their behaviour would warrant it--your calling me out is actually a good example--yet you were strangely silent even though DFG was posting all kinds of things all over the place. How do I prove the lack of something?

In a way, the sheer volume of this argument (including the callout and all those other threads, and now this exchange) shows your willingness to post about whatever you disagree with. So why didn't any of the things DFG said cause a reaction of any kind?

It's entirely possible that you didn't read it all, that you agreed with what she said, or didn't think it was worth challenging, but I think these are all a bit unlike you. It's one thing if you miss it--I don't read everything here and I bet you don't either--but her comments were frequently made in threads I know you followed because you posted in them.

Plus, the fact that both of my observations tie into that same basic topic, namely the whole Zegh thing.

I think I've said all of these things before, so my apologies for repeating them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2016, 06:44:18 AM »
:deadhorse2:

Repeating the same baseless claim over and over is :deadhorse2:

So flamebaiting is the obvious solution?

No it is simply adapting to your new argument structure. I can do it equally as well. You would notice in our first callout that there was  a lot more even and take and the reason for that is based on the fact that your method of argument was not as poor as this one. But this one of weak subjective and unsubstantial claims repeated over and over with the definition of the claim offered as evidence of what is being claimed is something anyone can do. You can argue whether the fact that we can do something is any argument as to whether we should But I may call that flamebaiting or perhaps disingenuous or perhaps obfuscation. Then show you the definition and repeat the claim over and over.

Al, I honestly don't know what more to say on the subject. If you'd been displaying the kind of behaviour I highlighted outside the very narrow confines of that subject, there might have been more to add. Examples, nuances, what have you. But you're not a dishonest person as a rule, intellectually or otherwise, and so all I could do was to point out what I did, including that definition and all that came with it, and that's really it.

I think maybe you made it to be about more than it actually was, thinking I was calling you a liar or dishonest, and that wasn't the case. You are entitled to calling my argumentation weak, of course, just as I am entitled to disagree with that notion, but I don't think you can force me to add more if I think there isn't more to add. The way this sort of thing should have been resolved then was by asking what the peanut gallery thought.

The tiptoeing was even more problematic as the subject of a callout, since it is an observation based on how I've seen you behave in the past. The Al I know would not hesitate to call people out if their behaviour would warrant it--your calling me out is actually a good example--yet you were strangely silent even though DFG was posting all kinds of things all over the place. How do I prove the lack of something?

In a way, the sheer volume of this argument (including the callout and all those other threads, and now this exchange) shows your willingness to post about whatever you disagree with. So why didn't any of the things DFG said cause a reaction of any kind?

It's entirely possible that you didn't read it all, that you agreed with what she said, or didn't think it was worth challenging, but I think these are all a bit unlike you. It's one thing if you miss it--I don't read everything here and I bet you don't either--but her comments were frequently made in threads I know you followed because you posted in them.

Plus, the fact that both of my observations tie into that same basic topic, namely the whole Zegh thing.

I think I've said all of these things before, so my apologies for repeating them.

In this very thread was a lot of talk about such things as the East Timorese Massacre by Muslims. I could have replied. I was following. I could have stated that the massacre was seen as nearly on our own doorstep and Australians rallied to stop it and install military presence to prevent it continuing.
I could have also explained that the Bali bombings that killed so many Aussie terrorists was a calculated attack NOT on their people but specifically to hit back at Australians and the target and time was coordinated to be killing and maiming Australian tourists as a direct "fuck you" to us for intervening in East Timor. It hurt us and was very strongly felt in Australia.

Could have said that, but didn't. Some of the conversation was silly and lame one-upmanship and I could not be bothered arguing or injecting myself. You and Benji and anyone else getting involved can sort yourselves out.

It was often the same with Lit. Lit would tell us he wanted to screw some nice young 16 year old in the arse and then get a headjob from her, what are you gonna do? For what reason too? I told him a couple of times he was an idiot and a couple of times made fun of him and his perversions. Fuck, the guy is my age. Those kids could literally be his daughter. So did I argue every point? Towards the end of his tenure here I had not argued with him in years and I disagreed with most of what he said.

I do pick and choose my moments but not out of favour but more out of how invested I am in something. If I am passionate in what has been said or it really rubs me up the wrong way I will go anyone online or IRL. You can choose to believe that or not.

I do not tiptoe around DFG. As I said, the irony was the only person in this whole thing that I was sort of "tiptoeing" around was YOU. The reason being is that I was incredulous and absolutely believed that I was missing something or not getting the full picture. I mean you making weak unsubstantiated claim after weak unsubstantiated claim and then doing a horrible job at backing it? THAT was not the Odeon I had seen in the past nor that I had a callout with. So I tiptoed in a sense and was far more reserved than I would have been with most.

In the same way that I read and ignored your tussle with Benji and indeed DFG's tussle with Some Bloke. I ignored a lot of posts from DFG that I disagreed with or found dull or confusing. The ones I agree with I commented on. THAT is not tiptoeing and never was and repeating the claim does not make it so. Did not then and does not now.

If you look at the definition of Intellectual Dishonesty you need to break it down into its parts and see how the relate to the persons action and intent. If the person accused mounts a case and gives account and is transparent and honest, it looks more and more like the intellectual dishonest claim is incorrect. I have done this. I have addressed every aspect of this. I have not been weaselly about this or obtuse. I have put everything about my actions and intent in context. There is nothing intellectually dishonest about what I have done.

You could well have made a strong case for me being rude, boring, annoying, or literally a dozen of other things which would have all been pretty difficult for me to argue no matter how subjective. THIS was the strength of our first callout. We both had GOOD reason to support our claims and whether we agreed or did not have a meeting of the minds, it was all reasonable and rational.

This wasn't. The behaviour of "tiptoeing" was not "tiptoeing" and was no aberration to what I have being doing on this site for years. The intellectual dishonesty was not intellectual dishonesty, no matter how many definitions are posted or how it is sliced. It was a weak claim (though certainly not weaker than the tiptoeing claim).

You making weak claims at me is unusual. Unusual too in respect to the fact that they were transparent, unproveable and unsubstantiated or able to be quantified. Also you must have known I would both reject the claims out of hand and ask you to back them and give account for yourself. Therefore you cannot have imagined posting a definition or repeating the claims a sensible option. Neither brings you any closer to making the case. Maybe you were gambling on the thought that making weak claims and then getting the other members to "vote" on it, would influence me. I know you have bought up the Peanut Gallery a lot. You know I would not given the peanut gallery the slightest notice. This is you and I. I would like to think that this was not the case.

So no the tiptoeing was not, nor do I believe looked like, tiptoeing. It looked certainly like I was not responding to some posts and the default response is NOT that I was tiptoeing. So there was no reason to go there and no connection there. Not rational and not a strong claim.
Intellectual Dishonesty is a not only a set of actions but also a mindset or set of behaviours. What I mean by that is to call someone Intellectual Dishonest you are evoking a set of behaviours that someone is adopting. In the same way that someone cannot be casually creepy. They can be creepy or you could mistake their intents as creepy or they could be completely not creepy. If you are calling someone or their behaviour intellectually dishonest you are absolutely saying that they intentionally committing fallacies, being biased, not relying on facts to make their assessment on thongs and showing an inability to self-examine or be transparent. Indeed to rationally back themselves. Doesn't sound like me. It isn't either. It is why I have been able to refute every silly claim. Were they GOOD claims, I would not be able to back myself. I would fumble around directionless.

In fact I would ask does that not say something that whatever you intent or thoughts on saying what you said, what has changed for having said it? Having said what you said, what was achieved and how? Was it worth saying and if so why? What were you expecting to get from saying it and why?

Hey I am happy going back and emulating your new argument trend but I am interested in trying to appreciate where you are actually coming from first.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 06:57:01 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2016, 04:44:39 PM »
Re the tiptoeing thing: You make a good argument and I accept your explanation. I think I was wrong about it--it was always a subjective thing, something I thought I saw but never anything I could prove--and I think you know yourself better than I do. Therefore, I'm sorry.

But about the intellectual dishonesty regarding your not reading Zegh, etc, I remain unconvinced. I also still think that there is nothing more to be said about it. It doesn't mean that the argumentation was weak, and you repeatedly claiming it was won't magically make it so.

As for me hoping the peanut gallery would judge, yes, I did, absolutely. I hoped they would, if only to kill the thread, but far more because there just wasn't anything else to be said. You couldn't convince me that I was wrong and I couldn't convince you that you were, and so maybe, just maybe, someone reading the callout would have had an opinion that helped decide the matter and let us move on. See, I have no problem admitting that I'm wrong if I think I am indeed wrong, but I still don't think so.

I would never have posted what I did if I had known all this would happen. It was never that important to me, and I am sorry you were hurt by it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2016, 05:36:53 AM »
Re the tiptoeing thing: You make a good argument and I accept your explanation. I think I was wrong about it--it was always a subjective thing, something I thought I saw but never anything I could prove--and I think you know yourself better than I do. Therefore, I'm sorry.

But about the intellectual dishonesty regarding your not reading Zegh, etc, I remain unconvinced. I also still think that there is nothing more to be said about it. It doesn't mean that the argumentation was weak, and you repeatedly claiming it was won't magically make it so.

As for me hoping the peanut gallery would judge, yes, I did, absolutely. I hoped they would, if only to kill the thread, but far more because there just wasn't anything else to be said. You couldn't convince me that I was wrong and I couldn't convince you that you were, and so maybe, just maybe, someone reading the callout would have had an opinion that helped decide the matter and let us move on. See, I have no problem admitting that I'm wrong if I think I am indeed wrong, but I still don't think so.

I would never have posted what I did if I had known all this would happen. It was never that important to me, and I am sorry you were hurt by it.

I am not hurt nor butthurt. I know you have claimed both.
I am not going to pretend I don't give a shit either. I am not upset as such but certainly annoyed and frustrated. I am not perhaps disgusted or repealed but certainly incredulous. Yes I am disappointed.

Jack in the Peanut Gallery has the right of it. As to when I stopped reading Zegh, I don't know but I was honest about when I did and how by degrees I read less and less of him. I know certainly by the Twilight and Flintstone  posts and such I was skimming him and it tapered off by degrees from there.

I also still think that there is nothing more to be said about it. It doesn't mean that the argumentation was weak, and you repeatedly claiming it was won't magically make it so.

I think we can look at it the other way and saying that denying that the argument "wasn't" weak will not make it so.

If I can draw away from the obvious difference between the callout this time and the callout last time, I think you would have to say that the positions were stronger and able to be examined and argued critically. Many of them were subjective too.

If you look at this position of yours about intellectual dishonesty (I will exclude the tiptoeing and the pretense and the dishonesty claims) AND assume that in saying something like that about me, I am more than likely to clamp my jaws tightly on it and start shaking it, we can assume that there would be a need to really examine and contests the premise. It is YOUR Premise to back.

Then I look at what you did to back it. You posted the definition. Which assumes that a) I don't know what Intellectual dishonesty is and/or b) that it reinforced your point. In fact neither were true. So it did nothing to educate me nor to prove me wrong (OR Back your premise).

I contested every aspect of the definition as it applied to my situation and did so transparently, easily and honestly.

You repeated the claim over and over in ways that again made no effort to clarify any telling point.
The claim itself. "If I did not read Zegh for a few months and rely on second hand information through the replies from others, then I am intellectually dishonest if I say Zegh is full of shit"

It is wrong in so many ways and in so many ways to look at the statement.

General usage of the turn of phrase "full of shit". "Glenn Beck is Full of Shit", "Amy Schumer is full of shit", "Angela Merkel is full of shit". Were you to hear that said by anyone on any given day your reasonable response would NOT be "You are intellectually dishonest in saying so because you have not heard or read their pronouncements of everything in the last 6 months. It is fallacious and asinine.

Zegh specifically can be full of shit without knowing a damn thing about what he wrote for 6 months because he has said a lot of thins in the last seven years which may have all been full of shot and registering he is full of shit is not dependent on what he says in the last 6 months.

Being able to read what others respond to Zegh allows one to track the broader conversation and other's place in the broader conversion, even Zegh, therefore saying Zegh is full of shit does not even require having read his posts for 7 years prior.

Zegh MAY have completely changed overnight at some point in the last 6 months to how he was the last seven years. Absolutely COULD happen BUT a) it is unlikely as Hell and b) I was still tracking what others were saying about him and who he responded to, what conversations he responded to and in which threads and how long they were. So less and less likely. THEREFORE saying he is "full of shit is uniform" to my thoughts.

On the basis of all the above, the claim was wrong on about every test. Yet it was certainly the strongest claim you had. At no point did you make a case for me being intellectually dishonest.

THAT is my problem. You argue better than that. Insult me? Fine, but make sure that there is something in it and that you can back yourself. There were, as previously said about a dozen things you could have strongly supported, and this was not one of them. I was not hurt that you insulted me. That is what we are here for. I am disappointed and incredulous that the argument was so weak. To insult me with such an argument, I honestly expected a ulterior motive, and I was busting a gut trying to get to the bottom of it, because I could not believe an argument as bad and shallow coming from you. I expected better. I hoped that I was simply failing to understand. I didn't.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2016, 11:16:13 AM »
Another thread bites the dust

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2016, 11:57:35 AM »
Lol, it's laughable to suggest that they are trying to build democracy when they've been blocking it for decades.  If a democratically elected leader nationalises the oil, the US will destroy the country, and they have.  They've been destroying nations, not building them.  Is supporting Saudi Arabia part of their democratic plan?  Who are bombing schools in Yemen with US and UK weapons.

Apparently your mind is made up and is impervious to evidence.   ::)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2016, 03:28:36 PM »

I am not going to pretend I don't give a shit either. I am not upset as such but certainly annoyed and frustrated. I am not perhaps disgusted or repealed but certainly incredulous. Yes I am disappointed.

Jack in the Peanut Gallery has the right of it. As to when I stopped reading Zegh, I don't know but I was honest about when I did and how by degrees I read less and less of him. I know certainly by the Twilight and Flintstone  posts and such I was skimming him and it tapered off by degrees from there.

I also still think that there is nothing more to be said about it. It doesn't mean that the argumentation was weak, and you repeatedly claiming it was won't magically make it so.

I think we can look at it the other way and saying that denying that the argument "wasn't" weak will not make it so.

If I can draw away from the obvious difference between the callout this time and the callout last time, I think you would have to say that the positions were stronger and able to be examined and argued critically. Many of them were subjective too.

If you look at this position of yours about intellectual dishonesty (I will exclude the tiptoeing and the pretense and the dishonesty claims) AND assume that in saying something like that about me, I am more than likely to clamp my jaws tightly on it and start shaking it, we can assume that there would be a need to really examine and contests the premise. It is YOUR Premise to back.

Then I look at what you did to back it. You posted the definition. Which assumes that a) I don't know what Intellectual dishonesty is and/or b) that it reinforced your point. In fact neither were true. So it did nothing to educate me nor to prove me wrong (OR Back your premise).

I contested every aspect of the definition as it applied to my situation and did so transparently, easily and honestly.

You repeated the claim over and over in ways that again made no effort to clarify any telling point.
The claim itself. "If I did not read Zegh for a few months and rely on second hand information through the replies from others, then I am intellectually dishonest if I say Zegh is full of shit"

General usage of the turn of phrase "full of shit". "Glenn Beck is Full of Shit", "Amy Schumer is full of shit", "Angela Merkel is full of shit". Were you to hear that said by anyone on any given day your reasonable response would NOT be "You are intellectually dishonest in saying so because you have not heard or read their pronouncements of everything in the last 6 months. It is fallacious and asinine.

Zegh specifically can be full of shit without knowing a damn thing about what he wrote for 6 months because he has said a lot of thins in the last seven years which may have all been full of shot and registering he is full of shit is not dependent on what he says in the last 6 months.

Being able to read what others respond to Zegh allows one to track the broader conversation and other's place in the broader conversion, even Zegh, therefore saying Zegh is full of shit does not even require having read his posts for 7 years prior.

Zegh MAY have completely changed overnight at some point in the last 6 months to how he was the last seven years. Absolutely COULD happen BUT a) it is unlikely as Hell and b) I was still tracking what others were saying about him and who he responded to, what conversations he responded to and in which threads and how long they were. So less and less likely. THEREFORE saying he is "full of shit is uniform" to my thoughts.

On the basis of all the above, the claim was wrong on about every test. Yet it was certainly the strongest claim you had. At no point did you make a case for me being intellectually dishonest.

THAT is my problem. You argue better than that. Insult me? Fine, but make sure that there is something in it and that you can back yourself. There were, as previously said about a dozen things you could have strongly supported, and this was not one of them. I was not hurt that you insulted me. That is what we are here for. I am disappointed and incredulous that the argument was so weak. To insult me with such an argument, I honestly expected a ulterior motive, and I was busting a gut trying to get to the bottom of it, because I could not believe an argument as bad and shallow coming from you. I expected better. I hoped that I was simply failing to understand. I didn't.

And you did it again. You CANNOT know something without finding out for yourself. And if you don't see that, then I don't know what to say to you. No number of lengthy posts repeating your basic argument will change that. If you want to see weak, then try to have an objective look at your own argument.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2016, 03:29:14 PM »
Another thread bites the dust

Sorry about that.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2016, 02:57:55 AM »
It takes a long time to eat a whole horse.  :zoinks:

Don't eat that one.  You don't know how long it's been lying there.  :M

A parma ham is over 12 months old. That horse should still be good to eat.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2016, 07:52:10 AM »

And you did it again. You CANNOT know something without finding out for yourself. And if you don't see that, then I don't know what to say to you. No number of lengthy posts repeating your basic argument will change that. If you want to see weak, then try to have an objective look at your own argument.

Again YOU did not "get it" nor did you look objectively at what I said or how that applies to the arguments that you have actually made.

Here is a really asinine position "If you have not read everything someone says you can't know for sure everything  someone say". Was THAT your position? " You CANNOT know something without finding out for yourself.". Well shit Odeon, that seems to be what you are saying. But was THAT your position OR was your position that I "was intellectually dishonest for proclaiming him full of shit without reading everything he said". Let's be clear.

a) IF you don't read everything someone says then you are unable to have that opinion....or believe that....or have reason to say that....or have a reasoned position on that.....or something

b) That reading Zegh means necessarily that you will be in a stronger position to judge whether he is full of shit or not (because we can absolutely infer that vital knowledge will be conferred and that the information he will give us will be truth and fact - ie the "one month silent treatment")

c) That 7 years of experiencing him as being full of shit will likely change the moment I stop reading.

d) That not acknowledging all of the above is being intellectually dishonest.

It isn't and never was. In fact saying someone is "full of shit" is a great expression and one that generalises the communication of someone and does not rely on everything someone has ever written. Only an absolute idiot would try to imply this and you are not an absolute idiot.

Exactly. Do what she tells you,
and you are safe. Now do be a good
boy, and do whatever mommy says.

^This looks like it was written by a boy who still has "issues" with his own mommy and projects them onto other women.

:lol:

Knew if I'd let off complaining, you'd manage to
pull the personal attacks out again.

Prime example. You know that I have disagreement
with my mother. Though it bears not at all upon
the site. Didn't think you'd strike so soon though.

No one went personal on you, to push you, this
time, so THIS is now a prime example.

ffs, you're constantly attacking her. You stated it more or less as a "fact" that Scrap was chased away, hinting strongly that Callaway did it. You did go personal, can't you see that?

You are full of shit, Calandale.

How many posts did Calandale make? If I add up every post Zegh made here in 6 months, how many did I miss? How many of Cal's did you miss daily in the 6 months leading up to this comment? He was the biggest postwhore I ever saw. You did NOT read everything but you proclaimed him full of shit.

Now you will hedge and say either that you were making a full of shit about a specific claim or that at least you read many of his posts or were not actively not reading everything he wrote. Not buying it at all.

Thoughtful as in "devoid of actual content"? Definitely a cop-out.

No. As in, I actually consider what my views are,
rather than merely spouting the same crap to
ANY statement by someone.

this is supposed to be ironic, yes?  or have you got the date wrong, and you posted it six days late?

Not in the least. Over and over, I get accused of shit that's unreasonable.
Most of your group see nothing wrong in one liners, such as you used,
whereas I usually am questioning myself, even within my 'attacks'.

Doesn't stop you, though. You're full of shit.

But you read all of this person's or was "full of shit" just an opinion signifying that the "full of shit" person generally talked crap and was either dishonest or moronic, I DO get that position and understand THAT use of the word. I don't think it is intellectually dishonest to say....what about you? You get it don't you, Odeon. Of course you do.

Nope, she's full of shit.

Second day and 12 posts in and you know her very well (Better than I do Zegh over 7 years of exposure to him). This is NOT hypocrisy though is it Odeon? You cannot have it both ways. Where have I heard this condescending statement before?

So being that you are not a fool, where exactly does this leave your position? It looks like it is very similar to various times YOU have used that same term of endearment about someone. But in those instances you have neither read everything of Calandale (and I assure you that I read far more of Zegh's posts percentage-wise than you did of Cal's posts), or have acted with a decent understanding of the kind of person you were talking about, and seemingly using it in EXACTLY the same way I used it.

So I can assume that you actually have NO problem with me using the term, NOR the way in which I used it, nor that there was the slightest thing wrong with using it in that manner, and nor did it make me intellectually dishonest doing so. Seems like a bit of blind spot, yes?

Back to you.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:57:36 AM by Al Swearengen »

Offline ZEGH8578

• Idealist Nihilist Socialist Primitivist Anarchist
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • NTWADUMELA
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2016, 09:10:05 AM »
lol

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2016, 01:06:19 PM »
::sigh::

You just don't get it, do you? Maybe it's my mistake, my failure to communicate clearly.

It was never about the exact wording. The "full of shit" expression was just that, an expression.

I changed my opinions on Cal, and I did it several times. If you bother to go back to search for Odeon posts that include the phrase "full of shit", also take into account what happened later, and what I did and did not say. I don't deal in absolutes like you do; you've made up your mind about Zegh and make a point out of not reading him AND saying he is full of it.

I never did. I was annoyed with Cal and said so, but also continued to read him, commenting when I had something to say, and I have no problem with him today. I moved on.

Do you see the difference?

Zegh had this right, just now. Since you don't read him, I'll quote him here for your benefit:

lol

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2016, 04:35:33 PM »
::sigh::

You just don't get it, do you? Maybe it's my mistake, my failure to communicate clearly.

It was never about the exact wording. The "full of shit" expression was just that, an expression.

I changed my opinions on Cal, and I did it several times. If you bother to go back to search for Odeon posts that include the phrase "full of shit", also take into account what happened later, and what I did and did not say. I don't deal in absolutes like you do; you've made up your mind about Zegh and make a point out of not reading him AND saying he is full of it.

I never did. I was annoyed with Cal and said so, but also continued to read him, commenting when I had something to say, and I have no problem with him today. I moved on.

Do you see the difference?

Zegh had this right, just now. Since you don't read him, I'll quote him here for your benefit:

lol

"I don't deal in absolutes like you do"
Well nor do I and you know I don't. You lied here and we both know that.
It's part of the reason why we had a fair bit of give and take in our first callout. It's also the same reason why so many people proclaim I never apologise and then get proved categorically wrong. You know better. This was not you making a typo, this is a lie.

"You see the difference?"
Yes I see you virtue signalling for all you are worth and not backing your claim. 
As to whether you changed your opinion on Cal or not. That only makes any kind of difference IF I similarly could not change my opinion on Zegh,, AND IF I only dealt in absolutes. Again you know this is not true and you've seen that I have changed my position on people I disagree with (as you did with Cal) such as Richard, Bint, and Penty.

"It's not the exact wording". Correct. Nor was it how it was meant, nor why it was said, nor who it was said to. AND nor was it intellectually dishonest.

The small differences left do not make your point and never gave the impression of doing so.

Whilst I don't deal in absolutes I am opinionated, stubborn and arrogant. If I change my mind I need a decent reason to justify doing so

So who is not getting what exactly? Do you imagine I should nod my head to the claim of dealing with absolutes when we both know that is untrue? What about the claim of tiptoeing or the pretence claim until such time you realise it doesn't apply? No? I did not "get them" because they were wrong. I do not agree or "get" things that are wrong. That is also why I don't "get" the intellectual dishonesty thing.

It's not me here, it's you. I think it may be a blindspot and I think younger to look at things objectively.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 01:44:48 AM by Al Swearengen »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2016, 10:29:47 AM »
In absolutes like you with Zegh. That is what I meant, but I guess I do need to include the qualifier. Apologies if that wasn't clear.

But getting back to the point I made: Unless you change your mind about reading Zegh--and that is where we differ; I don't think I ever claimed to stop reading Cal only to hunt him around the board later, I simply said he was full of shit and kept on reading--my point remains valid. I know you will disagree, but hey, that's life.

Another round? :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2016, 11:12:55 AM »
 :deadhorse2: :deadhorse: :MLA: