Author Topic: The joy of having kids  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Grey Area

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
Re: The joy of having kids
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2016, 07:03:23 AM »
There are no atheists when the toilet water is rising.
:GA:  :trollskull: 

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2016, 01:14:11 PM »
:laugh:

Offline Grey Area

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2016, 07:10:08 PM »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2016, 10:11:09 PM »
Why I don't have kids:

I walked outside today to see 3 girls playing in front of my condo. One of them was climbing a street sign pole.

Now, most parents/adults would say something like "get down, that's dangerous" or "be careful there"

What do I say to the girl climbing the pole?? "You know when you grow up, you can pay your way through college doing that".  >:D

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2016, 12:29:44 AM »
If only kids realised how much their parents were bumbling through and making best guesses and liberally bullshitting
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Grey Area

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2016, 05:10:44 PM »

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2016, 05:21:53 PM »
:laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2016, 05:35:05 AM »
If only kids realised how much their parents were bumbling through and making best guesses and liberally bullshitting

The bumbling was forgivable, the refusal to take responsibility for causing hurt was not.
   I suppose my mother feared losing face by acknowledging wrongdoing.  That pride was a trap.  :thumbdn:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2016, 06:47:43 AM »

The bumbling was forgivable, the refusal to take responsibility for causing hurt was not.
   I suppose my mother feared losing face by acknowledging wrongdoing.  That pride was a trap.  :thumbdn:

:hug: My parents sucked too.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2016, 10:01:12 AM »

Mine actually did a lot of things right.  My mother unfortunately tended to build up with one hand
  and tear down with the other.  I don't think that was ever her intention, but it was certainly her effect.  :apondering:

"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2016, 11:55:51 AM »

Mine actually did a lot of things right.  My mother unfortunately tended to build up with one hand
  and tear down with the other.  I don't think that was ever her intention, but it was certainly her effect.  :apondering:

It was my "mother's" intention.  She did some things right, but, in the end her fears of being alone and old were too much to ever let go of me.  My breaking free and living a life on my own pissed her off to no end.  Your supposed to raise your kids to be free and independent and successful  ON THEIR TERMS.   Borderline Personality mother. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2016, 12:34:26 PM »
My sister thinks Mom floated over water.  Jesus  merely walked on the water. 

Me?  A bit conflicted.  I think she was a poor swimmer in rough seas, and it was pretty much all rough seas.  Doesn't seem to do much to soften my view of her however.  But we're talking 50 plus years ago.   
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2018, 04:27:56 PM »
Why I don't have kids:

I walked outside today to see 3 girls playing in front of my condo. One of them was climbing a street sign pole.

Now, most parents/adults would say something like "get down, that's dangerous" or "be careful there"

What do I say to the girl climbing the pole?? "You know when you grow up, you can pay your way through college doing that".  >:D

QFT!

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2018, 03:29:44 AM »
I'm not having children.  My niece is enough for me.  I ignore her most of the time.  That's what uncles are meant to do apparently.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2018, 05:31:44 AM »
Why I don't have kids:

QFT!

I'm surprised you didn't ask if she wants to go for a drink later. Maybe a few years later.  :evillaugh:
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass