Educational

Author Topic: What did you do before you had meds?  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: What did you do before you had meds?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2016, 06:25:15 PM »
I used to smoke a bit of pot in the evenings around age 20 and around age 40. Did me a lot of good. Slept better. Felt my muscles relax. Those are most of the times under too much tension. I did not like the effect of tobacco mixed with it though. (Dirty Dutch habit.) Felt the two things conflict in my body. So I stopped.

I didn't touch it really since high school, then about 3 winters ago my fibro kicked in so bad I was ready to scream. Dr's offer painkillers but I refuse because personally I don't want to ride that train, but I was taking too many ibuprofen for my comfort level and they where killing my stomach...someone slipped me some weed and said "see if it helps".  Whether it actually kills the pain or whether you just don't care anymore that you hurt I don't know. Don't care and really don't give a damn, it obviously did something for me.

I might smoke a little once or twice a month usually when I overdo things.

Massive stoner alert here, hide your chips. :yawn:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2016, 07:33:13 PM »
...attended kindergarten and first grade.

Forget if meds came before or after being expelled from the latter.
How do you get expelled from first grade?
Selling meth during nap time.

Well, I assume that'd do it.  I was, to my knowledge, doing things like really, really going off on the bullies I was already attracting like a fucking magnet.  It was a conservative Christian school, unequipped to handle the kind of behavioral issues I had at the time.  I was an angry, angry kid (my childhood was fucking terrible basically from the get-go).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2016, 07:53:39 PM »
...attended kindergarten and first grade.

Forget if meds came before or after being expelled from the latter.
How do you get expelled from first grade?
Selling meth during nap time.

Well, I assume that'd do it.  I was, to my knowledge, doing things like really, really going off on the bullies I was already attracting like a fucking magnet.  It was a conservative Christian school, unequipped to handle the kind of behavioral issues I had at the time.  I was an angry, angry kid (my childhood was fucking terrible basically from the get-go).
the nuns where i went to school probably would have loved to expel me but i am pretty sure they were afraid of my mother. in school i could not pay attention and got called out for daydreaming but it was frustrating for them because if they repeated the question i could answer it with no problem.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2016, 05:15:01 PM »
Disease?

Sorry, i'm worn down, definitely the wrong word  :autism: 

I'm pretty skeptical about 'ADHD' though, or 'ODD'.  The health service here definitely hands out drugs way too easily, let alone how it is in the US. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2016, 06:44:17 PM »
Disease?

I'm pretty skeptical about 'ADHD' though, or 'ODD'.  The health service here definitely hands out drugs way too easily, let alone how it is in the US.

I just assumed you're infectious.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2016, 12:27:16 AM »
Disease?

Agreed. So much so that when people come across a legitimate case of it, they don't get the symptoms or the response to meds. People are always surprised that I sleep better when I have had the afternoon dose. They want to know doesn't it keep me awake? that's what it would do it I didn't need it, which is likely the case for many who get it prescribed.
Growing up I was always surprised that people said things like tea and pepsi kept them awake or even bouncing off the walls. I always had a cup of the blackest tea I could make before bed.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2016, 12:36:22 AM »
I don't take meds
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2016, 05:57:25 AM »
Disease?

Agreed. So much so that when people come across a legitimate case of it, they don't get the symptoms or the response to meds. People are always surprised that I sleep better when I have had the afternoon dose. They want to know doesn't it keep me awake? that's what it would do it I didn't need it, which is likely the case for many who get it prescribed.
Growing up I was always surprised that people said things like tea and pepsi kept them awake or even bouncing off the walls. I always had a cup of the blackest tea I could make before bed.
I can drink Coke, tea or coffee before bed and it has no effect.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2016, 08:14:41 AM »
Yeah, plenty of good meds in coffee and tea. Tannins, theanine, caffeine.

Apparently you can get just the tannins and theanine if you brew for 2 minutes, throw out that liquid, and brew again. Those are supposed to be calming.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2016, 06:08:23 PM »
Disease?

I blame you
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2016, 06:10:12 PM »
Disease?

Everyone's different.  Yeah caffeine doesn't really keep me awake either.  I can just sleep all day and all night if I want to haha. 

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2016, 06:13:11 PM »
Disease?

I can drink Coke, tea or coffee before bed and it has no effect.
Caffeine can wreak havoc on my anxiety if it's already amped. 

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2016, 06:14:02 PM »
I don't take meds

I wish I didn't have to rely on them. 

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2016, 09:04:50 PM »
Disease?

I blame you

That's what they all say.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2016, 02:44:03 AM »
Disease?

They don't hand them out as easily here, it would seem. I've had trouble with some doctors not wanting to prescribe them to me.

The problem here seems to be that people equate ADHD meds with drugs, which they aren't.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein