Author Topic: Stuff that makes you ridiculously happy.  (Read 3601 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Stuff that makes you ridiculously happy.
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2018, 01:19:02 PM »

This is a view from the stage. As you can see this is an old school, kind of elegantly outfitted theater.
My seats are roughly in the middle of the front center section.

So cool.

Yeah, I am excited about this trip. "It will be a night to remember." 
Usually a trip into Indianapolis is a burden and lots of trouble. I only do so if I HAVE to. This concert, I HAD to attend!

My tickets are already in hand and I even have parking sorted out this time, so I am as ready as I can be.
Well, maybe a stretch of the truth since my daughter is still working out her outfit. Mine is easy, blue jeans, LOUD Hawaiian shirt and leather jacket. Cane for survival of the walks required.

(My cane is also the ONE weapon I can carry into any venue with no questions asked.)

Do you still need your cane? I've (mostly) gotten rid of mine.

Around the house, in the yard, heading out to drive one of the kids to work, no. I do fine. But walking for three blocks, down into a parking garage, then up steps, maybe.

Although I do take the dog out for several blocks, but I am still very close to home and I can sit in my neighbors' yards if I need to take a break. That has not happened recently, even though I take the dog out for his morning constitutional every day.
But I am not going down town without my cane. Just in case.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 01:20:45 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2018, 04:42:37 PM »
For a stealth weapon, why not get yourself a sword cane, or one with a punch-dagger built into the handle? you can get a LOT of force behind a punch dagger and make a fuck of a mess of the recipient, if ever you had to  use it in anger, since you can get all the force of the blow right into the blade tip, drive them straight through bone, joints, shatter ribs and keep going into organs...

Any mugger would be isn't going to get a second chance once you ram that in an uppercut to the nose or through the eye or temple, twist, and yank it sideways.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2018, 06:00:21 PM »
For a stealth weapon, why not get yourself a sword cane, or one with a punch-dagger built into the handle? you can get a LOT of force behind a punch dagger and make a fuck of a mess of the recipient, if ever you had to  use it in anger, since you can get all the force of the blow right into the blade tip, drive them straight through bone, joints, shatter ribs and keep going into organs...

Any mugger would be isn't going to get a second chance once you ram that in an uppercut to the nose or through the eye or temple, twist, and yank it sideways.

First off, one should never try to defend oneself from a position of anger. That leads to mistakes and even auditory and visual impairments.

Defensive maneuvers against a group of assailants should always be very deliberate and calculated, even (if you are fortunate to have had adequate training in the past) thought out and preventive of further escalation. Locating the leader and removing his threat first, for instance.

While something like what you describe might have been a possibility in the 1800s, in these times it would be found out and confiscated.

Trust me, if I have my cane with me, no small group of thugs can do anything to my daughter or myself without a few trips to the hospital. I am lucky enough to have the advantage of some prior training. While I might have lost a step in my age, my age has also taught me some dirty fighting tricks that street thugs have never even imagined.

I will be completely secure and my daughter will be safe, even down town.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2018, 06:22:21 PM »
Well, I over stated a bit.

When I leave my house, I carry a Colt .45 auto and two spare magazines. When I go into a concert venue, I have to leave my "protection" locked and concealed in my car.

If I encounter a group with more than one gun, I might be in trouble, unless I had gotten to the car and secured my protection, first. If I have my Colt in my hand, it would take more than a couple of guns to make me not want to fight back or take leading action.
With just my cane against a couple of guns, it becomes a toss up. I might get lucky. I might get my daughter hurt. Tough call. It amounts to, "don't bring a cane to a gun fight"  or something like that. I would be out matched.

Fortunately, this trip, I am only two blocks away and three levels down from the building where I will park and there will be police all along the way, directing traffic.
I am not too worried. I've got this.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 06:42:33 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2018, 07:31:14 PM »
By 'used in anger', I was using a figure of speech. Suppose  I shoulda known better than to do that in a forum by and for spazzes :autism:

I mean, in the sense of 'a blade drawn in anger', a metaphor, meaning, intending to use it to inflict physical harm upon another, as opposed to using it to  clean your fingernails, sharpen your pencil, pick your nose and eat  it, with cutlery :tard:

To use the term in context, I could say that while I am alright with the set of nunchaku I own. But I have never used them in anger. Meaning that I have  never used them against another person.

And I agree. If I HAVE to fight, then I make no bones about it, I'll do whatever  I must to cripple the assailant in such a way that they either cannot stand, end up in hospital, or dead if needs be. Quickly, efficiently and ruthlessly.

I'd sooner not have to in the first place. But neither will I take any shit as the price of avoiding things getting physical, I won't be walked over like a doormat either. But if some pikey tosser wants to start shit just to be a 'nob 'ead (as they'd say it, and probably try to spell it too, if they are able to write and read :autism:), then if they end up with their arms broken, kneecaps kicked through sideways and repeatedly stamped on, then they shouldn't have tried to harm me or take what belongs rightfully to me.

And  as for anyone hurting a loved one...then all the above merciful treatment goes right out the window. There are no limits then, all bets are off and if they wish to live, they better run like hell. Because that is one thing I will NOT stand for. Nor will I stand for people tormenting those who are obviously vulnerable, or who are spesh, either. Just isn't something I'm prepared to put up with. Don't like bullies, never have, never will. And I like those who pick on spesh people even less.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2018, 07:17:27 PM »
Getting stuff in the mail.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2018, 04:41:50 AM »
I love that too. At the moment I'm waiting for a book. Can't wait to get it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2018, 06:32:21 AM »

I just got my 11" Italian switchblade in the mail.   8)

The only downside is that once I handled it, I realized it was made for right handed people.

You can still manipulate it with your left hand but it's not as easy.  :emosad:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #203 on: October 30, 2018, 07:50:04 AM »

I just got my 11" Italian switchblade in the mail.   8)

The only downside is that once I handled it, I realized it was made for right handed people.

You can still manipulate it with your left hand but it's not as easy.  :emosad:

Too bad it is not ambi-

I know I have seen some, but not sure about that length.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2018, 12:59:11 PM »

Speed Limit 85 MPH.

Not sure it is only in Texas, but we go fast in Texas. Believe it or stay out.
I know, a bit off for a fellow who seems to have abandoned his roots to pursue a hot Hoosier gal, but I was there back in the spring and miss it!

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #205 on: October 30, 2018, 02:05:35 PM »
I know I have seen some, but not sure about that length.

Said that, she did.  :yoda:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2018, 04:18:33 PM »
 :dunno:

Sorry, but who?

Most of my long blades are fixed. Only switchblades and folders I have are all shorter. I think my longest switchblade is six inches.

I do have a number of WWI era trench knives with the brass knucks attached (fake, I think), which do not need any folding. Also a couple oddball stabby and saw-toothed blades from the Viet Nam era, Schrade, Ka-Bar, some single edge, some double edged, one of which is actually German (Henkel,  FFS, Identical to the Gerbers, but made in Germany by Henkel).  I usually think of Henkel as a kitchen knife.

I still lean toward a machete for a close in blade, though. I can chop down a tree with my machetes. None of those little easy to carry blades can do that without a nightmarish amount of swinging a small blade.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 04:31:02 PM by DirtDawg »