Educational

Author Topic: female appreciation thread  (Read 3285 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: female appreciation thread
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2007, 11:19:40 AM »
I was actually going to say, I'm impressed that women are able to go about their everyday lives so normally while having a period.  I guess I would have figured out how to do so eventually if I had to but I nevertheless think it's a skill.

I'm also floored by women who are able to reproduce, of course.  C section or squeezing a watermelon-sized thing out of your vagina, either way, it's impressive.
of course the new birth of my boy is what got me to thinking about how i appreciate women. 
thanks for doing that for us-pregancy and giving birth. :o

About a month after my daughter was born, I said something very similar to my wife and she jokingly said "I didn't have anything better to do." Then she collapsed into a grueling cry for a while.  One of many, but I was totally serious and in awe, still, at her sacrifices.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2007, 01:51:27 PM »
I think they'd be fun.  Think about how it is sometimes fun to indulge in being depressed(pity party) or angry.  If somebody wants to visit me with a baseball bat to disprove my claim, go ahead, I haven't had a good injury in a while.

Then you have no idea what cramps feel like.  Have you ever had diarrhea so bad that it felt like your intestines were turning inside out?

Yes.  I happen to be a lower digestion-problem person.

My father uses the term "Tortures of the damned," which I think is an apt description for it.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Graelwyn

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2007, 03:52:54 PM »
I can attest to the fact that cramps are extremely painful...to the point they can make you feel sick and some women do actually vomit from the pain. Many a night I have been woken up by the pain and lain writhing in agony. You also bloat up, get more spotty (in my case) and can get the most appalling mood swings, not to mention extreme tiredness and forgetfulness...and believe me, each month seems to come around again remarkably quick by the time you have had the pmt for 5 days and then the bleeding for another 4-5 days.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2007, 04:19:20 PM »
Can anyone tell me what happens during the period?  like does the bleeding pour out like urine at regular intervals, or is it a small, steady drip throughout the day and night? 

Graelwyn

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2007, 04:22:03 PM »
The blood doesn't pour but it does come out with urine...it comes out strongly with me for first few days, then lightens off for the last 2 days. You can also get these major big clots that are not too pleasant.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2007, 05:21:09 PM »
Can anyone tell me what happens during the period?  like does the bleeding pour out like urine at regular intervals, or is it a small, steady drip throughout the day and night? 

The flow comes out irregularly.  The first few days are the heaviest and sometimes a large amount of fluid or a large clot gushes out, particularly if you change position, like from lying to sitting or sitting to standing.  The flow tapers off the last few days and then stops.  For me, the cramp days are the heavy flow days.  I have vomited from the pain, I can't sleep through it, and a few times I have even cried because it hurt so much.  I have had intestinal cramps from diarrhea brought on by food poisoning, but menstrual cramps are worse.  Most medication won't touch the pain unless I take it before the cramps become bad, but I found one that does help.  It is called Ponstel, which is a prescription medication specifically for menstrual cramps.  Not only does it keep your body from making more prostaglandins, it also attaches to the prostaglandins that have already been released.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2007, 10:21:53 PM »
This brings up an important question:  What did women do before pads?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2007, 10:25:39 PM »
This brings up an important question:  What did women do before pads?

They used cloth pads, which they washed by hand and hung up to dry.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2007, 10:27:40 PM »
And 100,000 years ago, they just let it run down their legs?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2007, 11:15:56 PM »

If they wore clothing but did not have cloth, perhaps they used sheepskin pads between their legs to absorb the menstrual flow.  If they coated the skin side with tallow, it would not leak and the wool side would be absorbent.  I find it difficult to believe that intelligent women could not think of something to use to keep from ruining the few clothes they owned.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2007, 08:28:55 AM »
You can get pain from ovulation, too, I think.  I've had it happen several times; it'll be so bad it hurts to sit upright, let alone stand, and nothing that treats GI stuff will help it, while pain killers will.  I usually just wind up going fetal if I'm home, or trying to ride around on the bus for awhile so the vibrations loosen me up if I'm at school (we have free busses running around all the time).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2007, 08:51:48 AM »

That is what I am wondering if ancient human females just smelled of blood constantly.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2007, 08:53:45 AM »

That is what I am wondering if ancient human females just smelled of blood constantly.

i imagined that they bathed in the river.
Misunderstood.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2007, 08:54:39 AM »
Animals do bathe, but not nearly as often or as thoroughly as what we do.  So I think they still would have smelled like blood a lot of the time.

Litigious

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2007, 09:18:25 AM »
People usually smelled sweat less than 50 years ago, from what I've heard. Some people even smelled piss and shit and they weren't poor or something. French aristorcrats in the 18th century smelled the worst, since they just sprayed perfume on themselves and never took a bath except when baptized and before their funeral... ::)