Author Topic: Graelwyn Grilling Time  (Read 5928 times)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Graelwyn Grilling Time
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2015, 01:17:15 AM »

Graelwyn is pronounced 'grail win'

When I once looked it up, it seemed to mean 'fine grail' which I suppose translates basically to holy grail. Welsh.

As to why I chose it... I didn't really. Probably not a good thing to share on a forum full of highly logical, analytical aspies, but I was very much into spiritual things for some years and was involved in mediumship and the like, myself. The name simply came into my head one evening when I was on my feet doing something and I wrote it down as close to how it sounded in my head as I could get it, and I have used it ever since. Research told me that the holy grail basically was a cup of truth.

Sounds far fetched, I know, but that is what happened. I had way more outlandish experiences than that one during those years.

"highly logical analytical aspies" :LMAO:

You do know that the highly logical analytical thing is a defense against the raving intuitive inside? check out that personality type thread: INTP , INTP, INTP , INTP, INTF, INTP.... (those classifications are all based on Jungian typology . btw. Not a lot of people know that  :green:)

Of course,  takes a long, long time to learn to trust the inner intuitive, if ever. That's why the really young aspies are such pains.  But if you can manage that trick, and get the two working in tandem ,you wind up with a much more incisive brain.

Sheeeeeesh! There I go again. *clambers off podium and blushes*

Ahh, umm. OK, in short, it isn't far-fetched.  And I happen to think it's a great way of making choices. And thanks for sharing :)

-Walkie
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 01:20:31 AM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2015, 03:44:17 PM »

Graelwyn is pronounced 'grail win'

When I once looked it up, it seemed to mean 'fine grail' which I suppose translates basically to holy grail. Welsh.

As to why I chose it... I didn't really. Probably not a good thing to share on a forum full of highly logical, analytical aspies, but I was very much into spiritual things for some years and was involved in mediumship and the like, myself. The name simply came into my head one evening when I was on my feet doing something and I wrote it down as close to how it sounded in my head as I could get it, and I have used it ever since. Research told me that the holy grail basically was a cup of truth.

Sounds far fetched, I know, but that is what happened. I had way more outlandish experiences than that one during those years.

"highly logical analytical aspies" :LMAO:

You do know that the highly logical analytical thing is a defense against the raving intuitive inside? check out that personality type thread: INTP , INTP, INTP , INTP, INTF, INTP.... (those classifications are all based on Jungian typology . btw. Not a lot of people know that  :green:)

Of course,  takes a long, long time to learn to trust the inner intuitive, if ever. That's why the really young aspies are such pains.  But if you can manage that trick, and get the two working in tandem ,you wind up with a much more incisive brain.

Sheeeeeesh! There I go again. *clambers off podium and blushes*

Ahh, umm. OK, in short, it isn't far-fetched.  And I happen to think it's a great way of making choices. And thanks for sharing :)

-Walkie

I an INTJ, lol, occasionally an ISTJ, it seems to vary according to my mood when I take the test, but INTJ has been the most consistent. My ex was an INTP and proud of it.

I tend to not listen to my intuition, that 'other' brain these days. Actually, I have to confess my psych issues get substantially worse when I disconnect from that.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2015, 06:49:19 PM »
was involved in mediumship and the like, myself.

Were you the medium?  :orly:

I did do that, yes, but not for money or anything like that.
It just happened. I don't do it now as it went against my logic.

Did you see dead people?  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2015, 07:48:12 PM »
was involved in mediumship and the like, myself.

Were you the medium?  :orly:

I did do that, yes, but not for money or anything like that.
It just happened. I don't do it now as it went against my logic.

Did you see dead people?  :orly:

Only a few times. One time was when my aspie ex and I were exploring a derelict Victorian mental asylum and both saw one at the same time in one of the corridors. Another time I saw a head without a body floating above my ex's computer tower in his room one night.
Other than that I just heard rather than saw, in the sense, of information in my head, or sometimes, a physical symptom.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »
exploring a derelict Victorian mental asylum

:plus: I got hooked on pictures of abandoned asylums and prisons about a year or two ago. I used to explore weird places with a friend when I was young, but have never been inside anywhere really big like that. Which asylum?

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2015, 08:21:40 PM »
exploring a derelict Victorian mental asylum

:plus: I got hooked on pictures of abandoned asylums and prisons about a year or two ago. I used to explore weird places with a friend when I was young, but have never been inside anywhere really big like that. Which asylum?

It is called Whitecroft Hospital and was on the Isle Of Wight. At the time, it had simply been abandoned and doors were very easily accessible. Later on, they got security in, once one of  procession of developers took interest. It took a long, long time for anything to be done with it, and apparently, those living in the flats there now have been having issues with, well, unexplained activity. It was a typical Victorian asylum with a large main building with a curving corridor going all along the front, a laundry, clocktower, administrative buildings and a private wing which is, oddly, where almost all of the activity centered around. I did recordings there that I lost, sadly. They were on minidisc and I lost them when I left my ex. I had the main ones online, but the site they were on, which was called esnips, just vanshed :(

Anyway, it became a huge obsession for me, this asylum. I went to the records offices and went through the old Victorian minutes books, I researched historical photos and went there frequently over a 2 year period, with my ex, who in spite of a joint interest, was very cynical in nature. Even he had some really unnerving experiences in that place.

Here are some photos I took at the time.

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2015, 08:27:30 PM »

I got in a whole team at one point for a night there.

When it was first built in 1896.

Site about it.

http://iowhospitals.org.uk/whitecroft.php

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2015, 10:24:09 PM »
Are you aware of Midgets in Green Suits?

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2015, 10:32:59 PM »
Are you aware of Midgets in Green Suits?

No.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2015, 11:46:08 PM »
Interesting, about the hospital. I did a bit of a Google search after that and found that it is common for Psychiatric hospitals to be reputed to be haunted. And that got me thinking about my Mother's cousin George. I rather wish i hadn't now.

George was a biochemist. according to the family he "always had his nose stuck in a book"  and had only one , close friend. Prior to World War II he was perfectly sane, it seems, just odd. An Aspie, hmm?  During the War, he was pressed into service identifying the remains of the dead. The work drove him out of his mind, and he was committed to  Hatfield Hospital, Warwickshire, where he remained for the rest of his life.  He was visited by his brother, but  didn't recognise him, nor recall his own name.

I always felt a bit of an affinity for George. I'd first heard about him during my teens, i think, when Mum admitted that George was the reason why she discouraged me from reading so much; and told me the reason being that I reminded her too much of George , who'd been driven mad by reading too many books.  Seriously, that's what she believed.   Well, she's been a very young girl at the time, andmental health matters were spoken of in whispers , if at all; so that's the idea she got, and it made a deep and lasting impression on her. She didn't find out the real story until 1990-ish, when George died, and she had a good long talk with his brother about him.

So Mum and I were both wrong. My own, long cherished  private theory had been that George had been blessed with  a Mother just like mine, and that was what had driven him mad  :LOL:

Anyways, so I just had to go and see if there anything online regarding ghosts at Hatfield Hospital, didn't I? In the course of which, i found the  video below, which is creepy, but largely on account of the reepy soundtrack, I believe.  But more than creeped-out, I found it really profoundly sad. I got about 2/3 f the way through and couldn't stand any more of it.

That's unusual for me, believe me. I thrive on depressing stuff  :LOL:

I don't know what to think about the ghost stuff. I  just feel horribly sad for my own family ghost, all of  sudden.

-Walkie

PS I deliberately didn't embed the link, because I don't want to look at it. But would welcome any comments :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:53:40 PM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2015, 10:31:30 PM »
Here are some photos I took at the time.

:2thumbsup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2015, 01:45:36 AM »
Seriously, Graelwyn?

:poop:

Are you really back or is this latest crap some poser who just wants to yank our chains?

Pretty sure you will know how to answer me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2015, 09:45:52 PM »

UHm, two days?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2015, 11:27:43 PM »
Sorry, I was not really sure how to answer. Well, actually, I was wary of answering if I am honest.
I am not sure I would say I am back, in the sense that, I doubt I will hang about long.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2015, 12:46:21 AM »
Sorry, I was not really sure how to answer. Well, actually, I was wary of answering if I am honest.
I am not sure I would say I am back, in the sense that, I doubt I will hang about long.

Well, that was pretty far from an answer.

... but how the HELL are you these days?

You know you are missed by some.