Educational

Author Topic: Confederate Flag appreciation thread.  (Read 6523 times)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
Re: Confederate Flag appreciation thread.
« Reply #255 on: November 21, 2015, 07:04:47 PM »
Yet they don't seem to make many about the genocide of the Native Americans. 
Sure they do, probably as many as slavery. Plus any movie with a nineteenth century southern setting probably has a touch of slavery, just like most any wild western has a touch of native American.

Ok, name a few.

Last of the dogmen, last of the mohicans, gerenimo, dances with wolves, Squanto, Pocahontas; there's more but those are actual notable box office films. Now you name a few films about slavery.

I'l have to watch them to clarify. 

12 years a slave (subtle), Lincoln, Django Unchained, I Am Slave, Belle
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #256 on: November 21, 2015, 07:07:00 PM »
Why do they ID people for non-alcoholic beer? 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #257 on: November 21, 2015, 07:16:20 PM »
Why do they ID people for non-alcoholic beer?

Because it has a small amount of alcohol.  :orly: But they can buy all the Nyquil they want.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #258 on: November 21, 2015, 07:24:06 PM »
0.05%, yet I used to buy cans of shandy bass as a child, which is 0.5%. Work that one out lol.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #259 on: November 21, 2015, 07:27:16 PM »
My aunt once sent alone to the store as a kid with a note for the cashier with a list of cigarettes and booze to buy.  Things are different now. :lol1:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »
My aunt once sent alone to the store as a kid with a note for the cashier with a list of cigarettes and booze to buy.  Things are different now. :lol1:

A child can still by shandy bass, but not a non-alcoholic beer.  People must be getting ID'd for the brand. 

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2015, 07:38:55 PM »
Yet they don't seem to make many about the genocide of the Native Americans. 
Sure they do, probably as many as slavery. Plus any movie with a nineteenth century southern setting probably has a touch of slavery, just like most any wild western has a touch of native American.

Ok, name a few.

Last of the dogmen, last of the mohicans, gerenimo, dances with wolves, Squanto, Pocahontas; there's more but those are actual notable box office films. Now you name a few films about slavery.

I'l have to watch them to clarify. 

12 years a slave (subtle), Lincoln, Django Unchained, I Am Slave, Belle

The color purple is a notable one. It doesn't really matter. There's not really a huge amount of either, but personally view the portrayal of Indian and black history in American fictional movie pop culture to be fairly equal. You may see it as a big difference, and it is different, but one has to consider that Hollywood romanticizes native american history, so thus a lot of americans do too. That's not necessarily true of black history.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #262 on: November 21, 2015, 07:54:12 PM »
There was like 4-5 about black slavery in 2 years.  This was recent.  Hollywood "romanticizes" pretty much everything.  When was the last film about Native American genocide?

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #263 on: November 21, 2015, 08:18:05 PM »
There was like 4-5 about black slavery in 2 years.  This was recent.  Hollywood "romanticizes" pretty much everything.  When was the last film about Native American genocide?

Do you move the goal posts of every conversation? Now trying figure out what point you're trying to make. What are we discussing really? Indians sensitivities and offence to any reference to them which stems from white American culture? American media conspiracies to rile up the black public? Your movie is more recent than my movie?

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #264 on: November 21, 2015, 08:54:52 PM »
My favorite movie trend over the last few years is zombies.  :zoinks:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2015, 09:57:34 PM »

Do you move the goal posts of every conversation? Now trying figure out what point you're trying to make. What are we discussing really? Indians sensitivities and offence to any reference to them which stems from white American culture? American media conspiracies to rile up the black public? Your movie is more recent than my movie?

This is part of his point. He's describing how the Zionist Hollywood agenda decide African Americans are the biggest victims and are never to blame for their actions even when they do wrong. They create a racist hierarchy of the oppressed with Africans at the very top and the other minorities take a back seat to their issues. There haven't been any recent films but Hollywood is never accurate and whitewashes everything anyway.

https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-best-movie-on-American-Indian-genocide
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 10:19:34 AM by Kittenburger »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #266 on: November 21, 2015, 10:16:42 PM »
So then media conspiracy is the topic. Will agree and it's not only movies. Though disagree somewhat about the hierarchy, at least in reality at the level of government action, native Americans are certainly prioritized over blacks as victims, just not in the movies.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #267 on: November 21, 2015, 10:31:14 PM »
Then again, the gopher could be right and it's just trendy, just like in the late eighties and early nineties there was a sudden popularity of black urban setting type movies. Hollywood tends to do whatever is profitable.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:49:58 PM by Jack »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #268 on: November 21, 2015, 10:57:17 PM »
Then again, the gopher could be right and it's just trendy, just like in the late eighties and early nineties there was a sudden popularity of black urban setting type movies. Hollywood tends to do whatever is profitable.
That was more of an attempt to sound sensible, but much rather prefer to view the recent influx of black victimization in the media to be conspiratorial. Now thinking about the urban movie and tv trend of the past, and remembering reading/hearing of the black community taking offence to commonly being portrayed in the media as gang banging thugs, and claiming it a media conspiracy. Now wondering if they might benefit from being equally offended by being commonly portrayed as victims.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2015, 02:20:58 AM »
I'm offended by this thread. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein