Author Topic: George Takei goes full retard  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
George Takei goes full retard
« on: July 03, 2015, 02:59:58 PM »
 :wanker:
George Takei Calls Justice Clarence Thomas A 'Clown In Blackface' Over Marriage Equality Dissent
George Takei has come under fire this week for calling Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas a “clown in blackface” over the judge's stance on marriage equality. However, the “Star Trek” actor insists that his comment was not racially motivated.

During an interview with Fox 10 Phoenix, Takei, who is gay, discussed the Supreme Court’s recent landmark ruling to legalize same-sex marriage nationwide. Takei said he was “angry” at Thomas, who dissented to the decision, for his position on the issue.

“He is a clown in blackface sitting on the Supreme Court,” said Takei. “He gets me that angry. He doesn’t belong there.”

In his dissent, Thomas, who is black, wrote that “human dignity cannot be taken away by the government,” adding: “Slaves did not lose their dignity (any more than they lost their humanity) because the government allowed them to be enslaved. Those held in internment camps did not lose their dignity because the government confined them.”

Takei, whose family was held inside a Japanese internment camp during World War II, took issue with this logic.

“For him to say slaves have dignity, I mean, doesn’t he know that slaves were in chains? That they were whipped on the back?” Takei said. “My parents lost everything that they worked for in the middle of their lives, in their 30s. His business, my father’s business, our home, our freedom and we’re supposed to call that dignified?… This man does not belong on the Supreme Court. He is an embarrassment. He is a disgrace to America.”

In the wake of the interview, Takei has been slammed for what has been called a "racist" comment -- an accusation that the 78-year-old fiercely rejects.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/03/george-takei-clarence-thomas-clown-in-blackface_n_7719110.html

He later apologizes for his ad hominem attack after being gaoded by twitter users:
http://twitchy.com/2015/07/02/george-takei-wants-an-apology-wait-what/

]here's his apology
https://www.facebook.com/georgehtakei/posts/1299475283415255

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 03:02:58 PM by Buttplug »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: George Takei goes full retard
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 03:44:55 PM »
:wanker:
George Takei Calls Justice Clarence Thomas A 'Clown In Blackface' Over Marriage Equality Dissent
George Takei has come under fire this week for calling Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas a “clown in blackface” over the judge's stance on marriage equality. However, the “Star Trek” actor insists that his comment was not racially motivated.

During an interview with Fox 10 Phoenix, Takei, who is gay, discussed the Supreme Court’s recent landmark ruling to legalize same-sex marriage nationwide. Takei said he was “angry” at Thomas, who dissented to the decision, for his position on the issue.

“He is a clown in blackface sitting on the Supreme Court,” said Takei. “He gets me that angry. He doesn’t belong there.”

In his dissent, Thomas, who is black, wrote that “human dignity cannot be taken away by the government,” adding: “Slaves did not lose their dignity (any more than they lost their humanity) because the government allowed them to be enslaved. Those held in internment camps did not lose their dignity because the government confined them.”

Takei, whose family was held inside a Japanese internment camp during World War II, took issue with this logic.

“For him to say slaves have dignity, I mean, doesn’t he know that slaves were in chains? That they were whipped on the back?” Takei said. “My parents lost everything that they worked for in the middle of their lives, in their 30s. His business, my father’s business, our home, our freedom and we’re supposed to call that dignified?… This man does not belong on the Supreme Court. He is an embarrassment. He is a disgrace to America.”

In the wake of the interview, Takei has been slammed for what has been called a "racist" comment -- an accusation that the 78-year-old fiercely rejects.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/03/george-takei-clarence-thomas-clown-in-blackface_n_7719110.html

He later apologizes for his ad hominem attack after being gaoded by twitter users:
http://twitchy.com/2015/07/02/george-takei-wants-an-apology-wait-what/

]here's his apology
https://www.facebook.com/georgehtakei/posts/1299475283415255

Pretty bloody nasty.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 04:20:07 PM »

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 05:16:04 PM »
The other stuff he has a pretty good point with, but using racial language like that just hurts his argument.  :headhurts:

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 06:30:53 PM »
Government can take away human dignity, when you realise the government is run by humans without dignity.

The thing I dislike most about the Supreme Court Justices is, they seem to take no steps to engage civil society about what their branch does and represents. Instead they take turns exaggerating or belittling their own positions (depending on whether they "win" or "lose" a case)...the whole government is filled with clowns. In the court, in congress, in enforcement. This is the same court that ruled that corporations are people. They have no concept of human dignity left.

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 07:07:13 PM »
Speak for yourself. No one takes my dignity.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 07:10:08 PM »
You're not in government though.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 07:37:03 PM »
Government can take away human dignity
Would have to disagree, but also disagree with Thomas' spin on the point of dignity in this decision. Do agree an individual's personal dignity can't be handed out or taken away, but it's a red herring argument because the point wasn't about taking away or giving anyone their own self-respect. Dignity is a measure of worth in respect. Dignity isn't simply found in the personal sense of self-respect; dignity is also found in respectful treatment. No one asked the government to grant them self-respect, so it's a stupid semantic argument claiming a single definition for the court's use of the word dignity.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 08:35:40 PM »
I agree its semantics...if human dignity is described as something tangible (like the way the UN handles the term), then it can be taken away if policies unfairly treat others. If human dignity is a less tangible sensibility about self-respect, then no one can take that away. The sense I was using was the less tangible respect, and I was joking saying it could be taken away- pointing out (somewhat sarcastically) that government officials clearly have no human dignity, given the way they rule on who are persons.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 11:11:51 PM »
I'm disappointed in the complete lack of funny internet meme type photo jokes related to this topic.  >:(     :include:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 12:57:06 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 09:40:27 AM »
Government can take away human dignity, when you realise the government is run by humans without dignity.

The thing I dislike most about the Supreme Court Justices is, they seem to take no steps to engage civil society about what their branch does and represents. Instead they take turns exaggerating or belittling their own positions (depending on whether they "win" or "lose" a case)...the whole government is filled with clowns. In the court, in congress, in enforcement. This is the same court that ruled that corporations are people. They have no concept of human dignity left.

I disagree of course, but I have read hundreds if not thousands of SC decisions and dissents.  The soundbites that make it onto the news and blogs are not representative of their work.  Scalia is an idiot ass-hat, and Thomas should be impeached, but they are both incredibly consistent.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 11:53:03 AM »
Scalia is an idiot ass-hat, and Thomas should be impeached

No wonder you suck at law.   :hahaha:

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 11:56:56 AM »

He got his edumacation at Podunk Idaho. He acts as if he studies at Columbia Law and works for a successful firm in D.C.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:10:19 PM by Buttplug »

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 12:17:28 PM »

He got his edumacation at Podunk Idaho. He acts as if he studies at Columbia Law and works for a successful firm in D.C.

Yeah, cuz I have opinions.  :autism: