Educational

Author Topic: Google Doodles  (Read 21056 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Google Doodles
« Reply #210 on: October 24, 2016, 10:42:40 PM »
so this bacteria is good?

I don't know, are you going to eat it?  :zoinks: I was plussing Hyke for posting a google doodle.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #211 on: October 25, 2016, 01:12:55 AM »
so this bacteria is good?

I don't know, are you going to eat it?  :zoinks: I was plussing Hyke for posting a google doodle.  :orly:
it looks rather sterile so no, i am not going to eat it.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2016, 02:35:51 PM »
Today's Google Doodle is Halloween 2016.

Happy Halloween!
Grab your wand and help fend off a ghostly catastrophe. Press play to swipe spells, save your friends, and help restore the peace at the Magic Cat Academy.

This year’s Halloween Doodle follows freshman feline Momo on her mission to rescue her school of magic. Help her cast out mischievous spirits by swiping in the shape of the symbols above the ghosts’ heads. And you’d better pounce fast—the ghost that stole the master spellbook is getting away!

From the team that created the Magic Cat Academy:
 The inspiration for this year’s cat spell-casting game came from a real-life black cat named Momo that belongs to Doodler Juliana Chen. It seemed like a good opportunity for a cat hero, since the winner of last year’s Candy Cup Doodle was Yellow Witch and her black cat.

The original concept for the game involved a magic cat making a soup that was so good, it raised the dead. Connecting soup to Halloween proved too abstract, so the team shifted to the idea of a wizard school. This opened the door to a more robust world filled with interesting characters and paw-some themes.

The game includes five levels set in a school environment: the library, cafeteria, classroom, gym, and the building’s rooftop. We had lots of fun ideas for the resident foe of each level, including a chef ghost, a venn diagram ghost, and a big whistle ghost that summons other spirits.

Doodling for a whole Doodle game was very exciting for us. We had so many ideas for elaborate symbols to draw, like a witch’s hat that would appear on the character’s head after it was drawn! In the end we decided that for a short game against the clock, simple was better. Plans like the “Eiffel Tower spell” were abandoned, and similarly, gag spells didn’t make the cut. Regardless, we loved the process of dreaming up the possibilities.

That’s all for meow. We hope that every human, creature, and ghost has a purrfectly magical day.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #213 on: October 30, 2016, 08:23:41 PM »
I saw it yesterday when online. It's a good one. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2016, 09:15:55 PM »
It doesn't even work for me.  :dunno: I thought maybe it's because I need a flash update, but the first article I read suggested it requires an app to play. I know there's a computer that needs a flash update, but I've been a little disjointed this weekend and I can't remember if it's this one or Jack's, and I'm having trouble giving a crap.  :lol1:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2016, 05:18:37 AM »
Today's Google Doodle is Day of the Dead 2016

The Day of the Dead, which dates back to Pre-Columbian times, honors the mysteries of life and death, through both celebration and reverence. Every year from November 1-2, both Mexicans and people around the world honor their loved ones with offerings or ofrendas displayed on colorful altars decorated with pictures, bright flowers, candles, and their favorite foods and beverages.

Today's Doodle captures the intricate tissue-paper cutouts that have been used in Mexican celebrations since the 18th century. On Día de los Muertos, the bright, delicate paper banners indicate that life is fragile and fleeting, but it's also full of beauty and delight.

Also, be sure to explore and celebrate one of Mexico's most popular and magical traditions with Google Arts & Culture at g.co/diademuertos

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2016, 05:32:28 PM »
Today's Google Doodle is Walter Cronkite's 100th Birthday.

Today would be the 100th birthday of the man known widely throughout the ‘60s and ‘70s as “the most trusted man in America.” Walter Cronkite, the legendary broadcast journalist reported, served, and comforted a nation during its most trying times, including World War II, Watergate, the Vietnam War, and the assassination of JFK, to name a few.

Walter perpetuated an objective reporting style rooted in justice and integrity: “Press freedom is essential to our democracy, but the press must not abuse this license. We must be careful with our power. The free press, after all, is the central nervous system of a democratic society.”

Affectionately known as “Uncle Walter” to the American public, he was a devout political advocate in the interest of free speech and media, an enthusiastic NASA supporter, and a sailing aficionado. As a fixture in our living rooms, Walter brought a calm dose of consistency during the most pressing times with his end-of-segment catchphrase: “and that’s the way it is.”

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #217 on: November 05, 2016, 11:18:46 PM »
Today's Google Doodle is United States Elections 2016 Reminder (Day 1)

Today's Elections reminder Doodle leads to a tool that will help you find your polling place for the 2016 U.S. Election. In addition to helping you find your local polling place, other tools help explain the voting process with information on how to vote and who's on your ballot in both English and Spanish.

When the polls close on Election Day on November 8, you'll also be able to find real-time U.S. election results integrated right into your Google searches in over 30 languages around the world.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #218 on: November 08, 2016, 07:32:00 PM »
Today's Google Doodle is United States Elections 2016.

Today's Election Day Doodle leads to a tool that will help you find your polling place for the 2016 U.S. Election. In addition to helping you find your local polling place, other tools help explain the voting process with information on how to vote and who's on your ballot in both English and Spanish.

When the polls close later today, you'll also be able to find real-time U.S. election results integrated right into your Google searches in over 30 languages around the world.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #219 on: November 08, 2016, 10:55:28 PM »
Today's Google Doodle is United States Elections 2016 Reminder (Day 1)

Today's Elections reminder Doodle leads to a tool that will help you find your polling place for the 2016 U.S. Election. In addition to helping you find your local polling place, other tools help explain the voting process with information on how to vote and who's on your ballot in both English and Spanish.

When the polls close on Election Day on November 8, you'll also be able to find real-time U.S. election results integrated right into your Google searches in over 30 languages around the world.

You mean this shit is going on for more than one day?  I may kill  myself.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #220 on: November 09, 2016, 11:13:56 AM »
Kill somebody else. If you want a list, PM me. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2016, 08:17:10 PM »
You mean this shit is going on for more than one day?  I may kill  myself.

Don't be hating on the doodle.  :zoinks:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2016, 09:28:08 PM »
Today's Google Doodle is Veterans Day 2016.

Today’s Doodle honors the contributions and sacrifices of Veterans and their families across the country. Doodler and veteran Diana Tran shares what this day means for her:

Veterans Day is always special for me. Every year on this day, I spend a little extra time reflecting on my service in the United States Marine Corps. I remember the moments when the task placed before me seemed impossible. Whether that task was traversing an obstacle in training or making it through a mission in Iraq, there was one constant that gave me confidence and strength. I knew that the men and women next to me had my back and together we were focused on achieving our goal. There was comfort in that camaraderie that I haven't experienced anywhere else.

The artwork for today's doodle was created by Doodler Olivia Huynh in collaboration with myself and the network of veterans at Google. She's done a wonderful job of capturing the celebratory and inclusive nature of Veterans Day. Today, I hope you'll join us in honoring our veterans who sacrificed so that we can enjoy our freedom.

To all veterans everywhere, thank you for your service.

Diana Tran, Doodle Designer
 United States Marine Corps (2004-2010)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2016, 04:51:36 AM »
Wondering if there is a Google Doodle for Remembrance Day in the UK.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2016, 09:03:24 PM »
Wondering if there is a Google Doodle for Remembrance Day in the UK.

No, there wasn't one. I used the search function too, and the only results I got for Armistice Day was 2001 and 2002.  :dunno: