Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Icequeen  (Read 16122 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Questions for Icequeen
« Reply #330 on: July 08, 2016, 05:55:38 AM »
What's a good nail polish brand for someone who's lazy (fuck topcoats) AND cheap?  (Prioritize the lazy if you must.)
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2016, 05:34:16 AM »
...this was the wrong site to ask that question on, huh?   :laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2016, 06:01:28 AM »

I don't polish my nails, but ask me about my recent brow waxing.  :autism:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2016, 10:29:07 AM »

What about your recent brow waxing? :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2016, 12:35:37 PM »
What's a good nail polish brand for someone who's lazy (fuck topcoats) AND cheap?  (Prioritize the lazy if you must.)

I usually go with Sally Hansen or OPI.
Sally is more durable.
Neither is really cheap though, unless you're picking it up for .25 a bottle at yard sales like I do.

Wet n Wild for the cheap stuff or some cool glitter coats.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #335 on: July 13, 2016, 01:40:42 AM »
does tea affect the silver on spoons? the spoon seemed slightly easier to polish after being in the tea.

i am always experimenting because i have plated spoons that i don't want to ruin in this way.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #336 on: July 13, 2016, 07:51:19 AM »
does tea affect the silver on spoons? the spoon seemed slightly easier to polish after being in the tea.

i am always experimenting because i have plated spoons that i don't want to ruin in this way.

The more you use silver the easier it is to keep clean, same applies to silver jewelry, if you wear it all the time you won't notice tarnish on it like you would if you leave it sitting in the jewelry box.

Foods that are highly acidic like tomatoes, pineapple can discolor it. You also need to watch things that are high in salt because salt can cause corrosion...silver salt shakers should be stored empty because of that and the reason why when you find a nice gravy ladle it's normally messed up.

I have a few odds and ends of it, grew up using nothing but for many years because my mother loved it, and could spot it a mile away like I can sitting in a yard sale or auction box.

When she got overwhelmed with my father and I... and it was too cold to escape outside to the garden, she drank wine and polished silver. The silver probably saved our lives some days. :zoinks:

You could almost gauge the stress in the house by how shiny the silver was.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #337 on: July 13, 2016, 10:22:45 AM »

The more you use silver the easier it is to keep clean, same applies to silver jewelry, if you wear it all the time you won't notice tarnish on it like you would if you leave it sitting in the jewelry box.

Foods that are highly acidic like tomatoes, pineapple can discolor it. You also need to watch things that are high in salt because salt can cause corrosion...silver salt shakers should be stored empty because of that and the reason why when you find a nice gravy ladle it's normally messed up.

I have a few odds and ends of it, grew up using nothing but for many years because my mother loved it, and could spot it a mile away like I can sitting in a yard sale or auction box.

When she got overwhelmed with my father and I... and it was too cold to escape outside to the garden, she drank wine and polished silver. The silver probably saved our lives some days. :zoinks:

You could almost gauge the stress in the house by how shiny the silver was.
thanks - that's good info about the salt - obvious but i would not have thought it. i used silver until moving here when i got pk a new set of stainless ware. i am going back to the silver at least for my tea.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #338 on: July 13, 2016, 06:49:55 PM »

What about your recent brow waxing? :zoinks:

It didn't hurt, and I like the clean crisp new shape of said brows.  :eyebrows:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #339 on: July 16, 2016, 12:54:50 PM »
how long can cooked bacon last in the refrigerator? i have been hoarding it - unintentionally, of course - and this weekend i am going to eat some of it in one of my favorite sandwiches - the blt.
i have some that might be a year old. there might be five packages of two to three strips in there.
none of it is moldy. i used to buy the precooked bacon and eat that a year past the use by date. dunno if fresh bacon cooked is the same way.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #340 on: July 16, 2016, 02:56:34 PM »
I would like to report back and say, before anyone else had to experience it, that Wet n Wild* nail polish is crap even if it has "gel technology" in it.  I understand *fingernails* chipping quickly and for no apparent reason, but when toenails do it, I question the quality of the polish.

Will have to try Sally Hansen or Opi.  I semi-impulse-bought in Stop & Shop so the selection was kind of limited.  I think I might need to suck it up and actually use a top coat.

*no, I am not making that name up, I swear

I usually go with Sally Hansen or OPI.
Sally is more durable.
Neither is really cheap though, unless you're picking it up for .25 a bottle at yard sales like I do.

Wet n Wild for the cheap stuff or some cool glitter coats.
Aren't you scared of getting some kind of nail infection doing that?

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #341 on: August 08, 2016, 01:54:56 AM »
What do most people think when they see others kissing?
i ask because i suspect my reaction is not common.
does it depend on who is kissing? so for example, if they see kissing in a cartoon does that have the same effect as kissing between two people in a movie? assume that all involved parties are in love or at least are lusting after each other.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #342 on: August 09, 2016, 12:47:03 PM »
does it depend on who is kissing? so for example, if they see kissing in a cartoon does that have the same effect as kissing between two people in a movie? assume that all involved parties are in love or at least are lusting after each other.

I'm not into public displays of affection. I think they're yuck to be honest.

A lot of people do it to show possession instead of affection...I would prefer a cattle brand to the forehead myself.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #343 on: August 09, 2016, 05:29:31 PM »
This would make a good thread topic.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #344 on: August 10, 2016, 09:05:05 PM »
This would make a good thread topic.
there are a whole host of social things that i don't understand that could go there. like people making loud kissing noises for any reason whatsoever. i would be horrified if someone did that in my ear. i don't get it.

or people who suddenly start talking about some characteristic of mine after noticing me. this is most often related to skin color. don't they get that i heard them change the subject? thank the gods for adhd. i get distracted very easily from such things. i don't get that either? they want my attention? guilt?

#Dancewithgarygopher