Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Icequeen  (Read 16123 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Questions for Icequeen
« Reply #240 on: March 05, 2016, 10:21:00 PM »
Black....weddings are sad occasions.   :LOL:

Better yet, wear white. Brides love when people do that.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #241 on: March 06, 2016, 03:36:26 AM »

You really aren't fit to go anyplace nice, are you?  :zoinks:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #242 on: March 06, 2016, 09:22:18 AM »

You really aren't fit to go anyplace nice, are you?  :zoinks:
:lol1:
do gophers wear white to weddings?
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #243 on: March 06, 2016, 09:27:42 AM »
do gophers wear white to weddings?

Yes.  Yes they do.  :zoinks:

"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #244 on: March 06, 2016, 10:03:02 AM »
 :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2016, 06:30:03 AM »
The wedding is for one of my boyfriend's close friends and his long-time girlfriend/now fiancee; boyfriend is one of the groomsmen; I'm a +1 for him (during the ceremony I will (I assume) be sitting with a couple of other friends of his who also aren't in the wedding party).  I'm not very close to them but we get along (they are one of those couples that very rarely leaves the house which makes it more logistically difficult to spend time with them, and I also get the impression that she's one of those women who made all the close friends she cares to have in her first two decades).

I assume this'll be a pretty "traditional" wedding, but getting any details from my boyfriend (who would be the correct person for me to get such details from) is like pulling teeth.  It took forever to get him to confirm that it's an afternoon wedding.  I'm honestly still not convinced he has the right date for the bachelor party, lol.  When I asked if there was anything else going on that also ought to be planned for, like a rehearsal dinner, he had no idea.  He's getting a final fitting for his suit this week, so I'm guessing he'll have more details then.

And yeah, I can also google this... I'm planning to go to a thrift store sometime this month for this and a couple of other things.  I need to figure out if any parts will be outdoor so I know what temperature range to aim for (thus far, what I have been told is "I hope not/I assume not").  I have some clothes that may work anyway.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2016, 03:50:35 AM »
Can rice dust cause an allergic reaction? Py's old blanket was filled with packets of rice. It was giving me asthma attacks and when Py dismantled it she had a reaction. I didn't see any mold.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2016, 07:16:32 PM »
Can rice dust cause an allergic reaction? Py's old blanket was filled with packets of rice. It was giving me asthma attacks and when Py dismantled it she had a reaction. I didn't see any mold.

Yep, and it can really give off some dust, I have to watch re-filling my rice jar.

Actually right up there with pollen allergies in Japan.
Any grain dust can be an allergen.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #248 on: March 14, 2016, 10:43:57 AM »

Yep, and it can really give off some dust, I have to watch re-filling my rice jar.

Actually right up there with pollen allergies in Japan.
Any grain dust can be an allergen.

Any grain dust can be combustion material too.  :nerdy:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #249 on: March 14, 2016, 07:17:16 PM »
The wedding is for one of my boyfriend's close friends and his long-time girlfriend/now fiancee; boyfriend is one of the groomsmen; I'm a +1 for him (during the ceremony I will (I assume) be sitting with a couple of other friends of his who also aren't in the wedding party).  I'm not very close to them but we get along (they are one of those couples that very rarely leaves the house which makes it more logistically difficult to spend time with them, and I also get the impression that she's one of those women who made all the close friends she cares to have in her first two decades).

I assume this'll be a pretty "traditional" wedding, but getting any details from my boyfriend (who would be the correct person for me to get such details from) is like pulling teeth.  It took forever to get him to confirm that it's an afternoon wedding.  I'm honestly still not convinced he has the right date for the bachelor party, lol.  When I asked if there was anything else going on that also ought to be planned for, like a rehearsal dinner, he had no idea.  He's getting a final fitting for his suit this week, so I'm guessing he'll have more details then.

And yeah, I can also google this... I'm planning to go to a thrift store sometime this month for this and a couple of other things.  I need to figure out if any parts will be outdoor so I know what temperature range to aim for (thus far, what I have been told is "I hope not/I assume not").  I have some clothes that may work anyway.

Update:  Google has me increasingly convinced that there are a lot of ways to fuck this up even if I don't wear white and don't dress like a ho.  >_<

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2016, 07:51:36 PM »
Update:  Google has me increasingly convinced that there are a lot of ways to fuck this up even if I don't wear white and don't dress like a ho.  >_<
How so? Would think most any dress that doesn't scream 'look at me' should be acceptable. Do you have any possible choices in mind?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #251 on: March 15, 2016, 02:59:15 AM »

Probably sponsored by expensive stores, playing anxiety in people invited for a wedding.

Don't let them get to you.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2016, 05:21:49 AM »
How so? Would think most any dress that doesn't scream 'look at me' should be acceptable. Do you have any possible choices in mind?
I have a little black dress that may or may not fit me anymore and would be cold (it's not whorish but it's strapless- I wore it to a wedding before and it was fine), and some skirt options I could pair with a nice blouse.  I'm going to go shopping tomorrow and see if I can find anything that would fit a little better with a spring wedding, though.  (I'd like a couple of new sundresses anyway- not that I'm aiming for a sundress- and my favorite thrift store is having a sale on dresses that day, so it won't be a wasted trip either way.)

Probably sponsored by expensive stores, playing anxiety in people invited for a wedding.

Don't let them get to you.
Good point, actually.

Also, one of the store-sponsored montages of "recommended" dresses to wear to weddings featured several dresses that were extremely close to being white, which amused me.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #253 on: March 15, 2016, 10:09:30 AM »
It's a no win situation Elle.

Men will not notice what you are wearing unless they are checking you out.

Most women will sit with their friends and talk about you no matter what you wear...unless they are secretly also checking you out.

A typical woman at a wedding:
"I wonder how much she paid for that?"
"That dress would have looked so much better if it was another color"
"Really...I think that's too low cut for a wedding"
"She looks like a nun, what was she thinking?"
"She looks like a ho, what was she thinking?"
"I think my boobs are bigger than hers"
"I have shoes just like that at home"
"Isn't this great, they look so much in love."

A typical man:
"I wish they would hurry this up already so I can eat and go home"
"Damn...I wish I didn't have to be here"
"Fools"

Get something you like, something loose enough that you can unzip or wiggle up or down if you need to pee, and something you won't freeze or roast in.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #254 on: March 15, 2016, 03:33:34 PM »
I have a little black dress that may or may not fit me anymore and would be cold (it's not whorish but it's strapless- I wore it to a wedding before and it was fine), and some skirt options I could pair with a nice blouse.  I'm going to go shopping tomorrow and see if I can find anything that would fit a little better with a spring wedding, though.  (I'd like a couple of new sundresses anyway- not that I'm aiming for a sundress- and my favorite thrift store is having a sale on dresses that day, so it won't be a wasted trip either way.)
The spring colored sundress sounds perfect.