Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Icequeen  (Read 16123 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Questions for Icequeen
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2015, 02:02:33 AM »
Sometimes there are two heavy things in front to hold up. I used to have such bad posture in my teens that by my 20s I couldn't stand up straight.

I went to a chiropractor who gave me a few different exercises to do. Simple ones. Now I can stand straight. Sitting is a different story though. I still slouch badly.
Where's the emoticon for "Duhhh?"
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2015, 02:12:49 AM »
Sometimes there are two heavy things in front to hold up. I used to have such bad posture in my teens that by my 20s I couldn't stand up straight.

I went to a chiropractor who gave me a few different exercises to do. Simple ones. Now I can stand straight. Sitting is a different story though. I still slouch badly.

Those two things are there too, indeed.
And when they are heavy, they are a burden to recon with. Would be better for posture if they were placed at the back, but it does not work that way.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2015, 06:21:48 AM »
They sell these online in every shape and size (for women). Is it possible that more women than men have bad posture? Why would that be?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2015, 06:23:20 AM »
Over confidence on coke, is what I heard. Once was on a business network day, and someone advised me to take a closer look towards that. Don't know if he was right, or that too much cockiness is part of wannabee big business people by default.
Lol yes that message I got.  Though sometimes it's hard to tell what's drugs and what's just plain people being whacko.*

*may or may not be a clinical term

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2015, 06:24:16 AM »
What does "kicked my ass" mean?
It means it was a whole new world of hurt in the beginning. That pain between the shoulder blades, that's nothing compared to what that little strap of fabric is going to inflict. Sitting and standing up straight is painful when one isn't accustomed to doing it. Even when reaching the point of being able to endure wearing it for six to eight hours, it took forever before being able to wear it while driving. It was a long time ago, so can't really remember how long it took before it stopped huring, but kept wearing it for quite a while after that. Do remember it was about a year before feeling as if no longer needing it. They're inexpensive, so if it doesn't work out no huge loss.
My worry isn't the money, it's fucking my back up even more.  :/

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2015, 05:36:09 PM »
What does "kicked my ass" mean?
It means it was a whole new world of hurt in the beginning. That pain between the shoulder blades, that's nothing compared to what that little strap of fabric is going to inflict. Sitting and standing up straight is painful when one isn't accustomed to doing it. Even when reaching the point of being able to endure wearing it for six to eight hours, it took forever before being able to wear it while driving. It was a long time ago, so can't really remember how long it took before it stopped huring, but kept wearing it for quite a while after that. Do remember it was about a year before feeling as if no longer needing it. They're inexpensive, so if it doesn't work out no huge loss.
My worry isn't the money, it's fucking my back up even more.  :/
Can't see how correcting posture could make a back worse, but yes probably best practice anyway to get a doctor's approval when considering fixing one's one physical problems.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2015, 06:22:08 PM »
@ Elle,

You could ask people to draw self-portraits.   :orly:
That was good.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #217 on: December 03, 2015, 09:32:13 AM »
If your SSN or ID number is stolen.

Not meaning to hijack Iq's thread, but this seemed to be the most logical place to post this.    I'm sure other countries have similar problems, so just modify it as you need.  If you can't afford LifeLock or other credit protection companies...............

You can take the steps that follow yourself, steps that are necessary to manage your compromised SSN. If you choose this route, you need to get busy.

•Contact one of the three major credit-reporting bureau Equifax (888-766-0008), TransUnion (800-916-8800), or Experian (888-397-3742) to place a fraud alert on your credit file. That bureau will contact the other two. Make sure that you renew the fraud alert every 90 days until you’re satisfied the matter has been settled. It could take years*.

•Tell each of the three bureaus that your SSN has been stolen. They’ll give you free copies of your current credit reports. Go over these reports looking for unfamiliar accounts and unknown inquiries from companies.

•Contact the Social Security Administration to get a replacement of your SSN card.

•Report the theft of the SSN to the IRS. Call 800-908-4490 to do this. That will prevent tax-fraud thieves from filing tax returns in your name—and collecting your tax refund.

File an identity-theft report with your local police. The police report will be necessary to help clear your records and your name in the future.

•Keep track of, record, report and close all fraudulent accounts by contacting both the companies holding the accounts and the credit-reporting agencies. This will keep your credit as clean as possible going forward.

If several years pass after the theft of your SSN, and the problems arising from the theft continue, you may want to consider applying for a new SSN. But before you do, there are several things to consider: It’s not easy. In fact it is nearly impossible, that’s how rare it is. Even if the administration grants you a new SSN, your old SSN will never go away completely. The Administration never invalidates an SSN once it’s been used.

*My mother's checkbook was stolen when she left it in a store.  Some checks were used right away, others popped up about 3 years later.  Of course, she closed the account right away, but be prepared for a long term struggle.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #218 on: December 03, 2015, 05:24:25 PM »
Funny, the BSN number is no secret here at all in my country.

They secure people from abusing the BSN number by not hiring anyone without confirming the ID of the employee. Every job you take, you have to hand in a copy of your ID card or passport, and show the original. So they can be sure it is really you who is connected to the BSN number.

More and more you have to bring your ID card or passport to medical appointments too.

It's a hassle. But at least there is no stress about someone maybe finding out my BSN number.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #219 on: December 04, 2015, 02:44:43 AM »
Due to some medication I am taking, my sense of taste has been altered. Things that once tasted sweet now taste a little sweet, a little hollow.

Wondering if there is something that can restore my sense of sweet. I made curry goat and it tasted bitter. There's only curry powder and scotch bonnet for flavoring, and there is a tablespoon of ketchup for a whole pot of curry. There is very little sugar in the dish but it makes a difference.

I'm thinking I should add some molasses to my servings (Py doesn't like things too sweet). There's also miraculin and neoculin; they turn sour into sweet by altering the sweet receptors on your tongue. The issue with those would be to know if there is acid in the curry - without acid to activate them, they actually block the activity of sweeteners. The bummer is that they're expensive - a one month supply would be $50.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #220 on: December 04, 2015, 07:47:58 PM »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #221 on: December 05, 2015, 04:37:25 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #222 on: December 05, 2015, 03:00:33 PM »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #223 on: December 05, 2015, 04:20:42 PM »
Maybe he's allergic, or simply does too many drugs.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #224 on: December 05, 2015, 04:27:15 PM »
A former cat of mine reacted hyperactive and hyper-confident on antibiotics. Whenever he was on them, he was the unstoppable male feline from the neighbourhood.