Author Topic: Questions for Icequeen  (Read 16121 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Questions for Icequeen
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2015, 02:47:45 AM »
pyraxis is allergic to cats.

i used to catch them too, but I was taught to stomp them, not catch them with my hands. i can't afford a bite so i can't even try that.
there are too many places here for the mice to hide so i think i am going to just keep breaking their necks with the traps.
we do store everything in glass or plastic. I managed to import my collection of classico jars in spite of py's aversion to my clutter. we do have a cabinet that i will have to check more carefully - no sign on any infestation in there but i haven't pulled everything out yet.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2015, 09:32:53 AM »

i used to catch them too, but I was taught to stomp them, not catch them with my hands. i can't afford a bite so i can't even try that.
there are too many places here for the mice to hide so i think i am going to just keep breaking their necks with the traps.
we do store everything in glass or plastic. I managed to import my collection of classico jars in spite of py's aversion to my clutter. we do have a cabinet that i will have to check more carefully - no sign on any infestation in there but i haven't pulled everything out yet.

D-Con?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2015, 08:48:52 AM »

D-Con?

Better than poison cleaner than neck breaking traps. 

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2015, 02:14:18 AM »
That's a good one but a little too big and we don't want to kill them if we don't have to. However, that one led me to the plastic bottle mousetrap which I think we will try. No waste of a bucket and a reusable trap. We thought the kids were all dead but we saw one on the stove and it didn't even try to run away. Just not sporting to kill it like that.

It moved so slow I thought it would die but just a couple of days ago saw a lively one near my office.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2015, 03:02:11 PM »
That's a good one but a little too big and we don't want to kill them if we don't have to. However, that one led me to the plastic bottle mousetrap which I think we will try. No waste of a bucket and a reusable trap. We thought the kids were all dead but we saw one on the stove and it didn't even try to run away. Just not sporting to kill it like that.

It moved so slow I thought it would die but just a couple of days ago saw a lively one near my office.
It takes just a few weeks for the young to be fertile. They may be mating already.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2015, 02:46:16 PM »

It takes just a few weeks for the young to be fertile. They may be mating already.
so the peanut butter of death trap may be the best option. I'll put a nice deep bucket on the list for home depot and post pics if I drown any mice.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2015, 08:57:02 PM »

so the peanut butter of death trap may be the best option. I'll put a nice deep bucket on the list for home depot and post pics if I drown any mice.

Remember to grease the top 2 inches or so of the inside of the bucket.  Mice can be tricky and just may crawl out despite your best efforts.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2015, 09:45:47 AM »
Turns out the mice had pets.
We take out our garbage twice a week and compost most of our organic materials.

Nonetheless today I opened the trash bin to find it teeming with ten or so maggots. I warned Py since it's her job to take out the trash. So during my seminar I look over and it's more likely that there were a hundred or so when she took out the bag.

How the heck did we get maggots? The house has been sealed for the air conditioner and I vacuumed up all the flies early last week.

I always thought of maggots as a slow, writhing mass of worms. Ours weren't. As soon as they got out they went racing for cover - under the baseboards, under our last large moving box - I had to run after them.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2015, 11:27:28 AM »
Yuck, that brings back horrible memories. Me coming home from a vacation, and my flatmate had forgotten to take out the trash (plastic bags) for two weeks, she had thawed the freezer and thrown all the meat out before that. The bags were on the balcony, in the blazing sun. :zombiefuck:
Blowfly pops everywhere in the apartment, where there was something like carpet, or possibility to crawl away, there they were.
When I came back, she had just left for her vacation. Spend an awful lot of time cleansing the place, and the balcony. Did not want to sleep there till it was all clean again. Kept a few pops in a glass jar with a lid on it, to see what critters it were.

We had no mice.

When it is hot and humid, there will be maggots. I'm a vegetarian, but in summer, they will be outside in my green trash bin. (probably not blowflies) There is no way to prevent them. I do have all my "edible" trash in a bin outside, away from my house. (There is a small bin I clean everyday in the house, in summer I empty and rinse it more than once a day) Never ever do I want a maggot infestation in my house again.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2015, 07:39:57 PM »
:aff:
:gopher:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2015, 12:42:31 AM »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2015, 06:38:43 AM »

Did I shock the gopher?

:zoinks:

SO/EX left bags of trash in the bed of his truck with the cap closed on it for a week in 90+ heat. (His mother took care of all the banking and bills at his business and refused to pay extra for trash pickup, telling him to bring the bags of trash home to put out...he forgot to take them out).

I didn't know and had to borrow the truck to haul something for my mom.

Couldn't figure out what the smell was coming from, thought he hit something, we were looking all under the truck. When we opened the cap and the tailgate we finally figured it out.

The bed was full of them, we opened the tailgate on the hill...while standing behind it...I went totally fucking nuclear.

I still cringe thinking about it. :P

They had trash pickup the next week.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2015, 06:56:56 AM »
It's one of those memories with a lasting impact.  :evillaugh:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #163 on: August 19, 2015, 06:59:30 AM »

A happy ending after all.  :zoinks:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2015, 08:07:09 AM »

Did I shock the gopher?

:zoinks:

SO/EX left bags of trash in the bed of his truck with the cap closed on it for a week in 90+ heat. (His mother took care of all the banking and bills at his business and refused to pay extra for trash pickup, telling him to bring the bags of trash home to put out...he forgot to take them out).

I didn't know and had to borrow the truck to haul something for my mom.

Couldn't figure out what the smell was coming from, thought he hit something, we were looking all under the truck. When we opened the cap and the tailgate we finally figured it out.

The bed was full of them, we opened the tailgate on the hill...while standing behind it...I went totally fucking nuclear.

I still cringe thinking about it. :P

My brother is like that he refused to pay for trash pick up and would drive around with it in the back of the pick up till he worked on a house with a dumpster,  at times it got pretty ripe :zombiefuck:  Now at least he lived with his girlfriend and she will not put up with that :green:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw