Author Topic: Questions for Icequeen  (Read 16125 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Questions for Icequeen
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2015, 01:50:12 PM »
Not much.  Especially if kept dry and dark.

That.

The expiration date is the last day that the manufacture guarantees the effectiveness of the medication. It might lose it's potency over time and eventually do nothing, but it won't make you sick.

A bottle of opiates expired or not has a good street value, which means even non-abusers with sticky fingers will pocket them if given the opportunity.

I found out recently that I have a paradoxical reaction to opiates. They make me agitated, which explains why Dilaudid was so awful. I have a lot left from when I had some broken bones in my back and from when I broke my sternum.

I can't tolerate Tylenol...actually any pain medication containing acetaminophen makes me hyper, shaky, and feeling really nasty.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2015, 11:47:36 PM »
Not much.  Especially if kept dry and dark.

That.

The expiration date is the last day that the manufacture guarantees the effectiveness of the medication. It might lose it's potency over time and eventually do nothing, but it won't make you sick.

A bottle of opiates expired or not has a good street value, which means even non-abusers with sticky fingers will pocket them if given the opportunity.

I found out recently that I have a paradoxical reaction to opiates. They make me agitated, which explains why Dilaudid was so awful. I have a lot left from when I had some broken bones in my back and from when I broke my sternum.

I can't tolerate Tylenol...actually any pain medication containing acetaminophen makes me hyper, shaky, and feeling really nasty.

Ah, too bad. They made a lot of money stealing from us. They took my class ring, which cost 650 when I bought it and will cost 1187 to replace.  I'm torn because I've lost every class ring I've bought - my parents didn't care to get me a high school ring so that was my first, bought with my own savings - lost in a field from off a guitar case. The second one dropped into the basket while I was taking out the trash, and this last one was stolen by the packers. If the trend continues it doesn't make sense to but another one.

If the narcotics don't make them sick maybe the person they sold them to will come back and get them for selling crap.

I'm afraid of acetaminophen after seeing how little it takes to kill someone. I had a client take 12 because she was mad at her boyfriend. She ended up in ICU.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2015, 01:31:52 PM »
Should I trust the quack who told me my epi-pen is good even though it's expired? It's for anaphylaxis from bee stings. Had my first ever bee sting at a powwow and the EMTs told me to get one.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2015, 05:13:38 PM »
Stop saving expired crap, Wolfish.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2015, 10:17:50 PM »
Stop saving expired crap, Wolfish.

He didn't ask you.  :hahaha:
:gopher:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2015, 08:12:38 AM »
Should I trust the quack who told me my epi-pen is good even though it's expired? It's for anaphylaxis from bee stings. Had my first ever bee sting at a powwow and the EMTs told me to get one.

They will hold their potency for a few years past the expiration date, but I'd still get another, when they are getting too old, or have been stored improperly the liquid viewable thru the window will start to yellow in them. 

I still normally insist on a refill.

It's more of a personal security issue, it's probably still good, but it's your ass that will stop breathing, not the doctor's. Personally I feel more secure when stuff like that is not expired.  :LOL:

Kid has them too for bee stings, he pushed the mower into a nest of ground bees, ended up getting stung 5 or 6 times and broke out in hives all over shortly after. Dr said keep them on hand, better safe than sorry.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2015, 11:46:59 PM »

They will hold their potency for a few years past the expiration date, but I'd still get another, when they are getting too old, or have been stored improperly the liquid viewable thru the window will start to yellow in them. 

I still normally insist on a refill.

It's more of a personal security issue, it's probably still good, but it's your ass that will stop breathing, not the doctor's. Personally I feel more secure when stuff like that is not expired.  :LOL:

Kid has them too for bee stings, he pushed the mower into a nest of ground bees, ended up getting stung 5 or 6 times and broke out in hives all over shortly after. Dr said keep them on hand, better safe than sorry.
Mine are only a few months out of date. I don't really trust the doc who said I didn't need them. For other things like narcotics that aren't as important to me, I don't mind letting them expire, but when I got the bee sting my arm turned funny colors and I got a little out of breath so like you I don't want to take chances. We are going to find another doctor who is more careful.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2015, 02:38:12 AM »
I wouldn't dare using them, me. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2015, 05:56:46 AM »
I am considering going off of Retin-A (tretinoin) topical cream, which I've been on for years and years for acne.  It's expensive, not totally effective, and I suspect it's contributing to how easily read my face gets.  BUT, I think it does help some with the acne, and I believe it's supposed to slow skin aging (something I increasingly care about)?

The annoying thing is if I go off of it and decide I want to go back on it, there's this awful adjustment process where my skin will be a miserable peeling mess for awhile.

Any advice?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2015, 06:24:54 AM »
I await what the advice will be too. I use Differin cream mostly on my chin area, have done for about three years, and now it looks like I have broken capillaries there which I now cover with makeup. I have cut back on the cream, using it only every second day. Too afraid to cut back completely, lest I get acne again.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2015, 06:46:17 AM »
I am considering going off of Retin-A (tretinoin) topical cream, which I've been on for years and years for acne.  It's expensive, not totally effective, and I suspect it's contributing to how easily read my face gets.  BUT, I think it does help some with the acne, and I believe it's supposed to slow skin aging (something I increasingly care about)?

The annoying thing is if I go off of it and decide I want to go back on it, there's this awful adjustment process where my skin will be a miserable peeling mess for awhile.

Any advice?

Everything I've read is saying about the same thing.

Make sure your face is completely dry before applying, because any moisture will increase irritation.

They also say for the first few weeks, to ease your skin back into the routine so to speak. Applying the cream every third night for the first two weeks, every second night for the next week or two...and so on, until you can get back to the nightly routine.

They also recommend using a good moisturizer every day.

http://fashionista.com/2013/07/the-retinoid-uglies-what-they-are-and-how-to-get-rid-of-them

That said, I use the over-the-counter retinol eye gel and cream (although I haven't been using the cream lately). I can definitely tell a difference after applying the eye gel underneath my tired 48 yr old eyes. I've used it under one eye and not the other just to see if I was seeing things...I wasn't.  I've also done the vitamin c serum thing...so far.  :thumbdn: 

Although, I may give that another trial, I haven't been completely fair with it I think. 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2015, 09:32:47 AM »
I rely on my natural beauty.   :LMAO: :rofl:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2015, 11:48:38 AM »
Me too.

Sunscreen I will use, sometimes will cleanse my face with rosewater, with the usual bit of water.
And I take L-Lysine, to keep inflammations down. When that will not be enough, it will be back to another half year of anti-biotics.

Looks like I have acne, despite my reading glasses, people still think I am way younger than I am.  :orly:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2015, 04:15:37 PM »
Me too.

Sunscreen I will use, sometimes will cleanse my face with rosewater, with the usual bit of water.
And I take L-Lysine, to keep inflammations down. When that will not be enough, it will be back to another half year of anti-biotics.

Looks like I have acne, despite my reading glasses, people still think I am way younger than I am.  :orly:

The hair dye and anti-aging product manufacturers are relying on my continued support. :zoinks:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2015, 06:03:16 AM »

Any advice?

Everything I've read is saying about the same thing.

Make sure your face is completely dry before applying, because any moisture will increase irritation.

They also say for the first few weeks, to ease your skin back into the routine so to speak. Applying the cream every third night for the first two weeks, every second night for the next week or two...and so on, until you can get back to the nightly routine.

They also recommend using a good moisturizer every day.

http://fashionista.com/2013/07/the-retinoid-uglies-what-they-are-and-how-to-get-rid-of-them

That said, I use the over-the-counter retinol eye gel and cream (although I haven't been using the cream lately). I can definitely tell a difference after applying the eye gel underneath my tired 48 yr old eyes. I've used it under one eye and not the other just to see if I was seeing things...I wasn't.  I've also done the vitamin c serum thing...so far.  :thumbdn: 

Although, I may give that another trial, I haven't been completely fair with it I think.
Is it consistently anti-aging?  I feel like a dipshit for caring, but, well, I do.  :/

And, I am moisturizing, which has helped a lot.  Still working on figuring out the best combo of products to minimize acne.  I live in an area with variable weather including humidity, which means I can't have just one routine all year, so it's ongoing trial and error.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.