Educational

Author Topic: THE INTRODUCTION: by DriftingBlizzard  (Read 4667 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: THE INTRODUCTION: by DriftingBlizzard
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2006, 07:45:19 AM »
Ohhhh.  I thought you stalked me from another site.   8)
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2006, 08:12:29 AM »
Ohhhh.  I thought you stalked me from another site.   8)

Could be, but your main stalker is Ol' One Eye.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2006, 08:16:18 AM »
He's the stalker of every nice chick.  8)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2006, 08:53:50 AM »
He's the stalker of every nice chick.  8)

Are you accusing me of being nice?  My good sir, I take offense!
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Litigious

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2006, 09:48:52 AM »
Beg your pardon! I mean nice looking8)

driftingblizzard

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2006, 10:32:46 AM »
That's great logic purposefulinsanity. I'm really glad to see your post, now all three of my initial IxI friends have posted so that eliminates the first statement. As a former Instructional Technologist, we were told that writing the answer as the choice that stood out could be seen as coaching.  So we'd write answers that stood out but seldom were they the correct one.  THEN, our students would catch on to that and NOT pick it for that very reason, which I thought to also be a form of coaching.  It can all become so twisted.  That was the only part of the job I didn't like, being told how to write a damn answer.  Back to your choice,   my father was a pilot, and we were allowed as children to steer, but I don't really consider that piloting.  The correct answer is very clearly untrue.     

driftingblizzard

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2006, 10:45:18 AM »
Evil Spawn of 2007 has changed his name?!  you can do this? ???
I DON't like change...  :wallbutt:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 10:52:18 AM by driftingblizzard »

driftingblizzard

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2006, 10:48:54 AM »
Crazy Bitch you ARE stalk worthy, but I'm already stalking someone else! :'(   

driftingblizzard

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2006, 10:51:09 AM »
my karma went DOWN? ???  ok, quick, think a happy thought...   stay puft marshamallow man, no, that went badly before, think damn it! Karma shields failing...

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2006, 11:18:29 AM »
Evil Spawn of 2007 has changed his name?!  you can do this? ???
I DON't like change...  :wallbutt:

Yes, unfortunately some members enjoy changing their names regularly, it can be irritating but you get the hang of keeping tracks of avatars, custom titles, etc soon enough.

driftingblizzard

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2006, 11:55:27 AM »
Ok, I know, I'll give out a free be!  That's sure to get my karma up~

The ULTIMATE QUESTION to the ULTIMATE ANSWER of 42 is... drumroll building to creshendo, someone please dim the auditorium lights:

AT WHAT AGE WILL DRIFTINGBLIZZARD DISCOVER THAT HE HAS AN OBSCURE CONDITION KNOWN AS A-S?

I think the ultimate question cannot possibly be one simple question, but must be a different question to different people to actually really make sense. (ok dammit, at least that's how I'm going to package it)...

I know this is probably a total and complete letdown to everyone that has ever touched (or even been in the same room with) a glorious and fantastically well written Douglas Adams book (with the exception of Dark tea time of the soul, didn't care for that one much really).  But to me, in the course of a few short minutes, well regular minutes actually, my entire existance suddenly came into crystal clear focus and for once made complete and comforting sense in my head.  Similar to the moment I put on my first pair of glasses in 12th grade (after being told not to squint while reading the eye chart).  I had been squinting at those damn things since 6th grade when told by a fully liscensed optician, "tell me what the smallest letter is that you can see".  With out further explaination, I did exactly what I was told.   And I did it well.  For the next 6 years.  In 12th grade, one of them finally noticed that I was squinting like crazy to try my hardest to make out the absolute tiniest letter I could possibly detect.  Kinda like a human version of the hubble telescope scanning the heavens for the faintest quazar burp!  All through High School, classmates thought I was stuck up since I didn't always greet them in passing.  Trouble was, I usually just didn't recgonize them!~   Its the reason I always sat in the front row.  Overnight, a girl thought I must have a crush on her since I was now saying hello to her from down the hallway~  oh the angst of ignorant youth....  Then one night, alone on my computer, while researching ADHD info for a close family member, I came across a description of a syndrome and oddly enough, it was describing my life!  And then I heard angels singing and a bright light burst forth filling the room and a euphoria coursed through my body to the very marrow of my bones, fanning out to the tips of my fingers and toes, all of which I still have.  I shouted Eureka!  Which by the way is fun to do in a quiet house at 2 am.  I frantically started catologing all the incidents cluttering my head that had occurred with me, to me, against me, over the course of my life span and each and every one could be linked to my A-S.  How's that for a nice way to wrap up a twisted little tale.  Not bad for a nights work I said to myself. For the next few weeks, I learned as much as I possibly could, continued to catalog events (and still do) since there were many "incidents" that defined me.  At least now I had something to go on, something I could really sink my teeth into.  A bit of a project, but more than that. Oh yes, this was a revelation of biblical proportion!  I'm still, after 2 years, trying to plumb the width and bredth of it all.  Kinda like Hubble trying to measure the universe about him even as it continues to expand.  (I live for a good alagory)....  more damn dots....

driftingblizzard

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2006, 12:02:34 PM »
I refuse to change my avatar or my sreenname.  Nothing personal Evil Spawn of 2007, but a stance must be taken and a line drawn.  I have principles to uphold you know. (Damn watch my karma spiral downward now).

driftingblizzard

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2006, 12:09:23 PM »
But I have to sheepishly admit that I do have a different avatar on W.P....  But it will never be changed!  Long Live Standards! Hail Cesar. :clap:

driftingblizzard

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2006, 12:14:13 PM »
How do you pronounce "duncvis".

I have a hard time reading something if I'm unsure of its pronounciation.

driftingblizzard

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2006, 12:17:13 PM »
Litigious, I like your avatar.  very dignified.  reminds me of my neighbor.  I kinda wish I would have been more thoughtful when I put up my avavtar....  (But I do like the irony of mine)...