Author Topic: What's Your View On The Death Penalty?  (Read 3586 times)

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
Re: What's Your View On The Death Penalty?
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2015, 10:18:20 PM »
Capital punishment is way too much of a liability for whatever jurisdiction that uses it to be kept as an option.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:14:18 PM by TA »
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2015, 04:03:18 PM »
Anyone advocating capital punishment should be shot. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2015, 04:32:54 PM »
Anyone advocating capital punishment should be shot. :P

Yeah, shot, but not killed, just maimed real good.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2015, 04:33:55 PM »
I want to respond, but then realize I'm just the third wheel in an ongoing conversation with yourself.

Don't be scared.  :zoinks:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2015, 10:08:09 PM »
LOL

Sorry. my post was incendiary to some, I removed it.

My point I was making; am I the only one who has had to make an instantaneous decision as to whether or NOT to take a human life in about half a second?

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:22:48 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2015, 04:20:54 AM »
LOL

My point I was making; am I the only one who has had to make an instantaneous decision as to whether or NOT to take a human life in about half a second?

Right now it is not part of my life, to have that happen. Have thought about it from a young age on. I am not in favour of the death penalty. Unless it is in crisis situations; war, resistance, stuff like that. Think it still needs to be well documented then, so that it can be thought through later.
In immediate cases of life and death, that is different. Even in immediate cases of rage after a horrible crime it is different for me. Self defence makes perfect sense. Anger and outrage in the heat of the moment too.
I don't get it how people can cherish a death wish for their opponent for years and years. Can't see what it does to stabilise a society to have a death row.
But the moment actions I do get. Leaves the question when things are that dangerous that self defence equals killing, and whether one should be prepared to do so 24/7.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2015, 11:44:43 AM »
LOL

I think I know what could have put you in that situation. However, out of respect for your privacy, I will not say what I am thinking.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2015, 12:19:59 PM »
LOL

No, I have not and I'm thankful for it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2015, 12:13:40 AM »
LOL

No, I have not and I'm thankful for it.

I know that I am not the only one. Stupid "question"  and such.

I hope that you are continually protected by what ever grace it is that has kept you safe in the past.
 :police:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2015, 07:46:41 PM »
Wow!!

I can only think that most are not willing to talk about this OR you have all led blessed, protected lives.

Continue to experience your collective removal from the harsh world in which we live. Sometimes I wish I was as protected, but I generally have to protect my own self.

My choices to explore the world have caused me a small bit of "trouble," on occasion, which I only barely regret,

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »
It's a good thing, a sheltered existence, you know.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2015, 08:52:02 PM »
It's a good thing, a sheltered existence, you know.

It's even better when it's the sheltered existence of my own mind.  :zoinks:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2015, 08:38:27 PM »
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:47:09 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2015, 04:16:55 AM »
Wow!!

I can only think that most are not willing to talk about this OR you have all led blessed, protected lives.

Continue to experience your collective removal from the harsh world in which we live. Sometimes I wish I was as protected, but I generally have to protect my own self.

My choices to explore the world have caused me a small bit of "trouble," on occasion, which I only barely regret,

What do you consider protected?

I do live in a country that works fairly well as a democracy. It does provide regulations that work most of the times.
I've lived next to prostitutes in a few places. I've never felt threatened. A guy across the street got shot down by accident by his wife (That's what the 7 yo son told, without even flinching), same guy had been in hospital a few months before that, because he jumped in in a fight to protect someone from a knife. Did not make me feel threatened. Did not feel threatened either when the wife of this guy got mad at me, for not liking her kid to throw things at me repeatedly. That she had a black belt in karate, I heard only later. Would not have made a difference.

OK, I admit, I am a bit careful towards my back-door neighbour. The list of people he got in hospital is a bit too long for my liking. And with his health-issues, I do not wish him too much aggravation either. When at ease, he is a likeable guy. His taste in music is aggravating though.
I've not been in conflict with neighbours two doors away from me yet. I've heard lots of rumours, and about a month ago I did see how they beat up some people bad enough to have police arriving with two cars and staying there for a long time. No need for me to arm myself though. And if I ever do get into a conflict with them, I don't think I will hold back.

Probably helps that I know barely anyone here will be carrying a gun. And in this village knives are not carried along a lot either. And if they are, most people will not be pulling them in a fight, they carry them with them for their job or their lunch.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!