Educational

Author Topic: What's Your View On The Death Penalty?  (Read 3616 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: What's Your View On The Death Penalty?
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2015, 09:39:18 PM »
Is this about n00dz?  :zoinks:

Yup, yours.

One of us thinks you would best be served with a light roux of lamb (to offset, well, you know), side of the best asparagus and a delicate cilantro salsa, the other thinks that if your pelt is worth keeping, it would have already been taken.

Hence, not much reason for you to enter this conversation.

KTHXBAI

Gopher with a side of aspergers.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2015, 11:09:34 PM »
Is this about n00dz?  :zoinks:

Yup, yours.

One of us thinks you would best be served with a light roux of lamb (to offset, well, you know), side of the best asparagus and a delicate cilantro salsa, the other thinks that if your pelt is worth keeping, it would have already been taken.

Hence, not much reason for you to enter this conversation.

KTHXBAI

Gopher with a side of aspergers.  :lol1:

Caught a part of the joke, did you? Fine. I am impressed.
BUT ...   Are you seriously trying to reach towards the heights of Dawgs and Drunkards with a few words?

You should probably be licking up after Dawgs and Drunkards, mostly, don't you think?

But, SHIT, since you have forced your way into this conversation AND attained MY attention, The main question is: WTF are you going to do with MY attention or that of Drunkardswalk's attention for that matter?

PLEASE, do not waste it!!!!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2015, 02:06:17 AM »
Caught a part of the joke, did you? Fine. I am impressed.
BUT ...   Are you seriously trying to reach towards the heights of Dawgs and Drunkards with a few words?

You should probably be licking up after Dawgs and Drunkards, mostly, don't you think?

But, SHIT, since you have forced your way into this conversation AND attained MY attention, The main question is: WTF are you going to do with MY attention or that of Drunkardswalk's attention for that matter?

PLEASE, do not waste it!!!!!

Actually, I was just trying to get Walkie's attention, but I certainly didn't mean to exclude you. I'd look at your n00dz too.  :eyelash:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2015, 01:43:54 AM »
I'm against it. The justice system is flawed so it's not uncommon for someone to be wrongly accused of a crime they didn't commit. Some people spend decades in prison for doing no wrong before new evidence is found.

If the justice system was flawless and every single person convicted of a crime was guilty of said crime then I'll all for it. But a flawless justice system is of course, impossible

Actually you are more "correct" and influencing to the public than you might know. Your words are golden. As long as these deathly crimes are dealt with in an instant, by armed bystanders, kind of like it would be in our (let us say' "MY ...") well armed neighborhood, then there is never going to be a reason for a death penalty.

Middle America (I should actually say "conservative Middle America") pretty much takes care of these concerns as they arise. One at a time.

Sorry, but quoting Mettalica' "Sad but true!..."

Hey, I had my arm broken defending myself from three attackers from my just being curious as to why my neighbor's door was open one day. Do you think for an instant that I do not carry a forty five auto every where I go? (It is my right) Fuck sake dude!

(note to Scre'ap - yeah this is new. It is an XD M and it shoots .45 ACP and it hides better than any forty five I have ever owned. You missed my normal Colt 1911, at least, I think you did,  but I did not know much better in those days.)

What if those armed bystanders are actually the criminals who then say the person they killed was robbing them it wouldn't work all the time but could bring up some troubling issues. That said self defense is fine but if the person is of no further threat best let a trial settle things rather  than instant justice. 

I feel that life in prison  is a more punishing sentence than death, with death it's all over in an instant.

Hey, Parts, you should know me enough by now to understand that occasionally I drop a turd in the punch bowl just to see who picks it up and runs with it. It just adds to the interplay between people, mostly.
Notice the well reasoned comments that followed.

... and, thank you for yours.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2015, 05:02:40 AM »
I think most people know where I stand on this issue. I respect others have different opinions and am not threatened or upset by them
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2015, 08:50:02 AM »

Witness against Texas dad executed in 2004 says prosecutor bribed, coerced him

The key witness against a convicted killer executed in 2004 says he testified in a deal with the prosecutor, who bribed him with the promise of an early parole and threatened him with a longer prison sentence.

The State Bar of Texas could pursue misconduct charges against prosecutor John H. Jackson, who convinced a jury that Cameron Todd Willingham killed his three daughters when he set his Corsicana house on fire in 1991. A lawyer for Jackson said he will ask to have such charges heard by a jury, the Marshall Project reported.

Link

:zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2015, 09:12:25 PM »
I think most people know where I stand on this issue. I respect others have different opinions and am not threatened or upset by them

Are you well armed?

Just asking. I do not have a clue how it is in your lands.
In this state, we have the  option of carrying a weapon either concealed or open. Mine is usually concealed, unless I am attending a gun show or a shooting range.

Not so in some liberal states.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2015, 02:09:53 PM »

The key witness against a convicted killer executed in 2004 says he testified in a deal with the prosecutor, who bribed him with the promise of an early parole and threatened him with a longer prison sentence.

The State Bar of Texas could pursue misconduct charges against prosecutor John H. Jackson, who convinced a jury that Cameron Todd Willingham killed his three daughters when he set his Corsicana house on fire in 1991. A lawyer for Jackson said he will ask to have such charges heard by a jury, the Marshall Project reported.

Link

Always creeps me out when adults make it out of house fires but none of the kids do.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »

Link

Always creeps me out when adults make it out of house fires but none of the kids do.

... and so you think it was that the homeowners saved the guns before they thought about the kids?

You are a seriously disturbed piece of work.

One point: larger bodies can withstand a great deal more smoke inhalation than smaller bodies.

The real problem is that that family (and most) did not have a decent exit strategy when they had an emergency exit situation.

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2015, 07:25:08 AM »
 :lol1:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2015, 03:45:30 PM »
Why is that funny? Actually made several attempts to respond, then just realized I don't know how to respond. It's an emotional statement. What should I say? Oh, right, I feel wrong, I retract that statement; it doesn't really give me the creeps? Bullshit. It unnerves me to no end hearing about unharmed adults standing alone outside housefires with kids left inside. It creeps me out and that's not going to change. If that makes me a disturbed person, then am okay with that.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2015, 05:04:26 PM »
It's an emotional statement.

:hahaha:

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2015, 06:12:36 PM »
I want to respond, but then realize I'm just the third wheel in an ongoing conversation with yourself.

I'll just leave it with saying that I wasn't laughing it your reply. :)

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2015, 06:30:07 PM »
I wasn't laughing it your reply.
Didn't think you were laughing at my reply.

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2015, 10:08:14 PM »
Okay, good.