Author Topic: USA measles epidemic.  (Read 259 times)

Offline thomas81

• Frequent Poster
  • Free Gaza!
USA measles epidemic.
« on: February 06, 2015, 05:31:59 PM »
I am thinking the recent American measles epidemic might be a positive development if it helps to cull the stupid.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: USA measles epidemic.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 05:48:25 PM »
I am thinking the recent American measles epidemic might be a positive development if it helps to cull the stupid.

You're talking about children whose vaccine decisions are being made for them.  :finger:
:gopher:

Offline thomas81

• Frequent Poster
  • Free Gaza!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:24:36 PM by thomas81 »

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 06:24:38 PM »
The standard minimum age for measles vaccine is 12 months. It's estimated 90% of those without immunity will become infected if in contact with the virus. Measles epidemic studies from France 2008-2011 indicate the highest incident rate occurred in infants under one year of age, not necessarily children being denied vaccine but rather too young.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 07:09:30 PM »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f39_1387332169&comments=1

"I'll take a nice idiot over a smart asshole any fucking day of the week."  I like that guy.  :lol1:

The standard minimum age for measles vaccine is 12 months. It's estimated 90% of those without immunity will become infected if in contact with the virus. Measles epidemic studies from France 2008-2011 indicate the highest incident rate occurred in infants under one year of age, not necessarily children being denied vaccine but rather too young.

Babies are teh stupid.  :tard:
:gopher:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »
Meh! it's mostly beaners brining it in from central american shithole countries anyways.     ::)

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 07:29:34 PM »
Meh! it's mostly beaners brining it in from central american shithole countries anyways.     ::)
It's being brought in from whatever countries are experiencing outbreaks. The CDC states most of the US cases in 2014 were brought in from the Philippines, while the most of the cases in 2011 were brought in from France. 

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 03:22:36 AM »
It's being brought in from whatever countries are experiencing outbreaks. The CDC states most of the US cases in 2014 were brought in from the Philippines, while the most of the cases in 2011 were brought in from France.

Where it comes from is one thing, how it spreads so easily another. Where it comes from, you cannot change.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 03:48:36 AM »

It doesn't. It culls their offspring, but also others who for various reasons cannot be vaccinated.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 03:50:01 PM »

Where it comes from is one thing, how it spreads so easily another. Where it comes from, you cannot change.
That's correct. Measles epidemics in modern societies are a matter of the overall integrity of the herd immunity be jeopardized. It's occurring globally and has been for some years; hardly a positive for any society and anti-vaccine hysteria is certainly not problem only for the US. This thread topic is nonsense to imply otherwise.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 06:24:54 PM »
In looking at this closer, will classify myself along with thomas81 as making stupid statements. There is no measles epidemic in the US, it's not even reached rates to be considered endemic. Encountered the CDC graph for US cases, used for the topic made by Some_Bloke in his measles thread; off to that thread for further discussion.