Author Topic: Let's play "Disorient the Aspie!"  (Read 777 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Let's play "Disorient the Aspie!"
« on: December 21, 2006, 08:45:19 PM »
So, school is out now, no routine, AND the laundromat I've been using for two years is closing so I had to find another one.  I know none of my friends will understand wuite how disturbing the fact that I am going to be using the new laundromat is.  I used it today, it's not hard to get to, it's not that inconvenient, it's all-in-all a pretty decent place, but... it's NEW, and laundry is a BIG thing for me.  I shell out at least $50 every month in quarters, I figured.  three loads a week, in little washers; two loads on Sunday and one on Thursday.  I can't have a washer or drier in my apartment, and the one in my building doesn't always accept your money and overlaods with a single pair of pants (no exaggeration) so it's not worth the hassle.  the landlord is too cheap to buy a new washer.  So, anyway, I'm kind of obsessing about the new laundromat.

One issue is that I wanted somethig close to my groceyr store, because I have a whole drop-shop-switch-home-pickup routine with laundry and groceries so everything gets done the same day.  Now, it's kinda too close to my store!  I got the shopping done today and back to the laundry ten minutes before the cycle was done.  It may be becasue I picked a washer with an unnessessarily large capacity (there's a million different complicated sizes) but it may occur even with a little washer.  There is another laundromat in the opposite direction of the store and of my house, equidistant (4-5 miles) from my house but near an inferior grocery store and has the same problem anyway.  I guess one option presented to me, to drop the laundry off, shop, go to my house, drop off the groceries, go back out, switch, go back home, wait forty minutes, go back out, pick up, come home, is still more convenient than using the other laundromat in the opposite dircteion of my grocery store, or at least equal, and the other laundromat overloads a lot.

Funny how something so simple has me so bothered.  I'll feel better about it when I've been using this laundromat for a month or so and have a "system."
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Sanityisoverrated

• Frequent Poster
  • Sleepy type guy
Re: Let's play "Disorient the Aspie!"
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 06:15:02 AM »
I only do my washing about every 3 weeks or so. You can tell when it's getting near washing time, since the only clothes I can find to wear are usually falling apart, too small, and mismatching. I had to duct-tape a big hole in the ass of my jeans this evening, hehe.  ;D
'When the world is run according to my standards, everyone will be a happier person and the general standard of health will exceed the average' - Charlie Chaplin

Litigious

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 06:40:44 AM »
I always get confused on the yearly car inspection.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 07:17:36 AM »
rocketturtle would totally sympathize with you, dude.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 08:18:18 AM »
Well, the guy who checked my old Volvo 240 just before I sold it off was nice, anyhow. The exhaust gas contained more CO2 than it was allowed to, but he let it through nevertheless. But of course, those are simple mechanic guys and not some fucking stuck up Swedish super-bureaucrats.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 08:26:56 AM »
I only do my washing about every 3 weeks or so. You can tell when it's getting near washing time, since the only clothes I can find to wear are usually falling apart, too small, and mismatching. I had to duct-tape a big hole in the ass of my jeans this evening, hehe.  ;D

Better tha on the crotch.  I still don't understand how men can wear jeans with crotch holes or crotch repair.  That's the one place where I think it shouldn't just be a guy-girl difference but universally understood that if you can afford a new pair, you buy one.  At least an ass repair can look decorative.

And I've never duct taped my clothes- but I DID duct tape to seal around my windows, and to keep my cat from disembowleing my couch.  That's some magical stuff, duct tape.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 09:45:10 AM »

And I've never duct taped my clothes- but I DID duct tape to seal around my windows, and to keep my cat from disembowleing my couch.  That's some magical stuff, duct tape.

As a kind of practical joke, I once took an old holey blue jean jacket and completely covered every square inch with duct tape. Several of the guys had done repairs, to everything that broke, with duct tape. We had already been through many rolls of the stuff.

It started with one of the guitar players duct taping the back on his amp after loosing some screws and one guy lost his fancy strap and made a strap for his bass out of several layers of duct tape, with a t-shirt taped inside for padding, one guy had his window torn out of his van by a thief and he taped it back together, and a few more things happened, but I was the only one with a duct tape jacket.

:laugh:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 09:53:31 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

Better tha on the crotch.  I still don't understand how men can wear jeans with crotch holes or crotch repair.  That's the one place where I think it shouldn't just be a guy-girl difference but universally understood that if you can afford a new pair, you buy one.  At least an ass repair can look decorative.

Once years ago I had a pair of jeans that were sooooooooo comfortable, that when they began to wear out, I sewed patches everywhere I could.  Even down to the crotch area!  At least until I was patching the patches, then it dawned on me that it was time for a new pair! :'(

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 11:00:03 AM »
Last time the crotch went in my favourite jeans I reconstructed them into a skirt, I love being a 'girl' sometimes  :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 08:31:10 PM »
I duct taped the holes where the springs were poking through my mattress one time until I could afford to replace it.  When the springs poked through the duct tape, I added more duct tape on top of the old duct tape.  It was much more comfortable to sleep without sharp springs poking me.  Duct tape is great! 

Scrapheap

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 08:55:44 PM »
If you've ever used duct tape to repair your clothes or matress,......................you might be a redneck!!!  :laugh:

Graelwyn

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 08:58:22 PM »
I duct taped the holes where the springs were poking through my mattress one time until I could afford to replace it.  When the springs poked through the duct tape, I added more duct tape on top of the old duct tape.  It was much more comfortable to sleep without sharp springs poking me.  Duct tape is great! 

I dont know what it is with me, but any sprung mattress I get I can feel the springs in. My mother says it is because I am too bony. It is annoying as my current mattress was new in July, but I go to bed and lie there feeling springs digging in everywhere and then I think, jesus, am I that heavy or what

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 08:58:37 PM »
I duct taped my shower curtain today.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 09:15:03 PM »
If you've ever used duct tape to repair your clothes or matress,......................you might be a redneck!!!  :laugh:

Or just poor.   ;)

ozymandias

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 10:10:36 PM »
or just "cheap", or "Thrifty". ;)