Author Topic: HiddenCash millionaire reveals London drop clues  (Read 150 times)

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
HiddenCash millionaire reveals London drop clues
« on: June 20, 2014, 04:04:11 PM »
As London prepares to hunt for envelopes of money, the mystery man behind the trail explains what made him start HiddenCash

Quote from: Josie Ensor
It was started by a handful of wealthy Californian businessmen who came up with the idea over dinner late one night.

Each of them had made many millions in technology and property investment, and were looking for ways to give some of it back to their community.

The anonymous group created a scheme called HiddenCash - a scavenger hunt for the modern day - where money was hidden in public places for people to find.

It started at the end of last month when the main benefactor began hiding envelopes of cash, usually $100 bills, around San Francisco, and posting online clues of their whereabouts to followers of their Twitter account @HiddenCash.

They spent $2,000 (£1,200) in the first weekend, and after that the rest of the US began to take notice.

They quickly gained followers and were receiving requests of where to visit next.

The Telegraph last week revealed the identity of the main mystery man behind the money trail as Jason Buzi, a property investor from the Bay Area who told the paper that they were expanding and heading to London this weekend for a “big giveaway”.

Mr Buzi, who has already announced that a British friend of his will be hiding the money around a “large park” in central London, has since given away a little more detail away to the Telegraph.

He said a total of £1,500 will be distributed between 15-20 envelopes. The bonus clue: "there is a street in both San Francisco and LA with the same name as the place we are hiding the money in London". He also said he will begin tweeting clues sometime between 11am and 1pm on Saturday.

Another “drop” in Birmingham could follow, but he is yet confirm the plan.

“London was an obvious choice because it’s so cosmopolitan, he said.

“We already have a big online following in Britain and they really seem to get it, and obviously you guys love a bit of good old-fashioned puzzle-solving as well.”

Source

Thoughts?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: HiddenCash millionaire reveals London drop clues
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 04:46:31 PM »
Thoughts?
It strikes as entertainment rather than charity. The things people find entertaining are interesting.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 05:29:54 PM »
Thoughts?
It strikes as entertainment rather than charity. The things people find entertaining are interesting.

I think if I had the money I would find it entertaining making people solve puzzles I made up,  they would be very devious though
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 05:47:47 PM »
Betcha he doesn't come to Pittsburgh or Detroit. :zoinks:

He'd end up on a milk carton.

Offline Jack