Educational

Author Topic: Hi. Ask me stuff.  (Read 1509 times)

Offline moarskrillex42

• Part of the Chaos
  • I like video games, organizing things, and Peter.
Re: Hi. Ask me stuff.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 04:33:02 PM »
Hooray!  An ask away thread for Brenna.

Where are you at with school right now (finishing high school, starting college, etc)?

What are your goals/plans/hopes for your future (other than Peter- the whole board knows that part already :P)?

I'm currently completing high school, and am planning on going to my community college to complete an Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice.

My goals for the future include becoming a defense lawyer, being successful enough to support myself and Peter, and to pursue hobbies and interests that previously would have been unavailable to me without funding.
D'you graduate this year, or are you a year away from it?

How come the interest in criminal justice?  And, how come community college first?  (It's a practical option for a lot of people- often it's the same damn credits you could get at a state or private college, but not as expensive; not criticizing, legit curious.)

I'll graduate in the fall semester of this year, and start college in the spring. I've got an interest in it since I've seen the corruption of the justice system first-hand, and I want to do everything in my power to fuck over those that are trying to lock up the fairly innocent. Community college will give me a full ride just on financial aid; we're a poor family, so there's not much my parents can do to pay for college. They told me I'm on my own and I better get a full ride somewhere. :P
When you say financial aide, do you mean full scholarship, or just that you're eligible for loans?  (If loans, hopefully public... if you guys don't have money, you should qualify for public.)

Also, sorry that you've witnessed the shit side of our criminal "justice" system, but good to hear you're trying to do something positive with it.

I'm talking grants and things and maybe a few scholarships to go along with it. Community college is so cheap that the grants are basically covering it all.
"The bed is the wet spot." -Peter

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 04:46:35 PM »
Hooray!  An ask away thread for Brenna.

Where are you at with school right now (finishing high school, starting college, etc)?

What are your goals/plans/hopes for your future (other than Peter- the whole board knows that part already :P)?

I'm currently completing high school, and am planning on going to my community college to complete an Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice.

My goals for the future include becoming a defense lawyer, being successful enough to support myself and Peter, and to pursue hobbies and interests that previously would have been unavailable to me without funding.
D'you graduate this year, or are you a year away from it?

How come the interest in criminal justice?  And, how come community college first?  (It's a practical option for a lot of people- often it's the same damn credits you could get at a state or private college, but not as expensive; not criticizing, legit curious.)

I'll graduate in the fall semester of this year, and start college in the spring. I've got an interest in it since I've seen the corruption of the justice system first-hand, and I want to do everything in my power to fuck over those that are trying to lock up the fairly innocent. Community college will give me a full ride just on financial aid; we're a poor family, so there's not much my parents can do to pay for college. They told me I'm on my own and I better get a full ride somewhere. :P
When you say financial aide, do you mean full scholarship, or just that you're eligible for loans?  (If loans, hopefully public... if you guys don't have money, you should qualify for public.)

Also, sorry that you've witnessed the shit side of our criminal "justice" system, but good to hear you're trying to do something positive with it.

I'm talking grants and things and maybe a few scholarships to go along with it. Community college is so cheap that the grants are basically covering it all.
That's awesome.   :thumbup:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 07:05:52 PM »
Are you going to post in any threads that aren't about you?

Depends.

Does this place bore you?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »
What is your position on Modern Feminism? What is your position on Religion in the 21st Century?

If anything, I don't know too much about feminism besides the positions and beliefs of it around my area. Here, it's killing off all the men and having women rule the world no matter what. I certainly don't agree with that; there are some things that women can't do, like reproduce with other women. It might be controversial for me to mention that I do think men are more suitable for jobs and construction and things that require a lot of physical exertion. I, however, don't let that dictate what I do; I have thought about going up north and working in the oil fields for a few years to save up money for a better start in Scotland.

Religion in the 21st century is ridiculous, in my opinion. We can disprove everything in the Bible and yet people refuse to believe that science is king; I'm an atheist, myself. My family is heavily religious and I can't even begin to fathom how they can offer their entire lives to an invisible man in the sky, without questioning whether that book was written by someone high off his ass or not.

Great, looks like you have intellect. Great start.
 :plus:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline moarskrillex42

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 06:48:32 AM »

Depends.

The people sometimes confuse me and act differently than I would expect them to.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 09:23:36 AM »
Will you marry me?

Maaaaaaaaaaybe.

I can picture the story now. "He proposed to me in my ask away thread. How romantic." :heart:

Very direct. :laugh:

Depends.

The people sometimes confuse me and act differently than I would expect them to.

We have more Ass Burgers than a butcher. :autism:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 11:17:03 AM »
Do you prefer to wear skirts or pants?

Do you want to see Peter in a kilt?  (I do.)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2014, 10:11:15 PM »
What are some songs you enjoy listening to?
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2014, 10:18:47 PM »
Also.....did I scare you or something? I hope I didn't....  :-\

I'm not mean...I'm just overly-passionate sometimes...I have teh ass burgers  :autism:..... but seriously. Be encouraged to explore the site more...there are lots of games and spazzy things to do here.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2014, 07:42:06 AM »
Also.....did I scare you or something? I hope I didn't....  :-\

I'm not mean...I'm just overly-passionate sometimes...I have teh ass burgers  :autism:..... but seriously. Be encouraged to explore the site more...there are lots of games and spazzy things to do here.

You have the chicken burgers. :M

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline moarskrillex42

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 10:00:19 AM »
Do you prefer to wear skirts or pants?

Do you want to see Peter in a kilt?  (I do.)

I prefer pants, but I do wear dresses and stuff on the occasion because I want to feel somewhat like a girl and Peter likes it.

Yes, I have. He paired it with a see-through mesh clubbing shirt. It was glorious.

Offline moarskrillex42

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2014, 07:24:40 PM »
What are some songs you enjoy listening to?

I'm an electronic/house kind of person. I guess my favorite songs right now by a German band (I think they're German, at least) called Project Pitchfork, and a smaller industrial poppish band, Aesthetic Perfection.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 11:05:29 PM »
Where did you go? Are you planning on posting more here?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 11:06:58 PM »

She was here recently.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 11:10:20 PM »

She was here recently.

What's recent to you is aeons for me. :meditate:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein