Educational

Author Topic: What are You watching?  (Read 75516 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What are You watching?
« Reply #2100 on: November 27, 2010, 04:51:08 PM »
House.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2101 on: November 27, 2010, 06:05:41 PM »

Kids are worse over-stimmed than I am and we are watching Toy Story 3.

:screwy:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

richard

« Reply #2102 on: November 27, 2010, 08:01:54 PM »
Deadliest catch

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2103 on: November 28, 2010, 04:08:20 PM »
Pop goes Northern Ireland.

Each episode is a year in Northern Irish recent history accompanied by the chart hits of that year. Tonight is 1985. Very sad history for a very sad country. I wish I didn't live here :(

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2104 on: November 28, 2010, 04:14:47 PM »
^^ Fuck me. Now it's featuring rioting in the town I live in. I even recognize the houses  :(
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 04:18:01 PM by Butterflies »

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2105 on: November 28, 2010, 05:05:24 PM »
^^ Fuck me. Now it's featuring rioting in the town I live in. I even recognize the houses  :(

I was wondering how the recent economic events and reactions to it were affecting you, but wasn't intense enough to ask.  Keep safe.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

richard

« Reply #2106 on: November 28, 2010, 05:29:06 PM »
The weather channel

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2107 on: November 28, 2010, 05:42:15 PM »

I was wondering how the recent economic events and reactions to it were affecting you, but wasn't intense enough to ask.  Keep safe.

Financially it wont effect me because almost all of my property is in Scotland. Any time I buy new property I always look in Scotland. Partly because of the instability caused by the troubles, but also because it's a lot harder to find good bargains. Also, the general condition of the cheaper property here is very poor, and doesn't really offer great value for money by the time I've spent the money to renovate it. Most of the sensible property developers over here tend to buy in Scotland, or England. Scotland's more popular than England because house prices are much lower in Scotland. Another big factor is that a massive proportion of Scotlands low to medium priced housing stock is appartments which are perfect for what I do. I only really have to worry about renovating the inside of the appartment. In N.Ireland the vast majority of the low to medium priced property is ancient crumbling terraced housing that is damp and in constant need of repair, or more modern council built houses that are in dangerous locations with major sectarian problems.
It's possible to buy appartments in Scotland for around a quarter of their true value, just because the inside needs totally renovated. That's the type of property I always aim to buy. Even once I've renovated it to a high level I've still often spent less than half the true value of the property.

On an emotional level though, the return to the troubles has been upsetting for me. When I moved across it looked like peace was winning out, and that the troubles were at an end. Now the troubles seem to be starting up again. Although none of us are religious, myself and my cousin, are by family connection Protestant. My friend, and my cousins girlfriend are Catholic. There has been a few nasty comments aimed at some of us over a religion that none of us have. I was walking with my cousins girlfriend and a guy walked past her and said Fenian Slut to her :thumbdn: There have been other incidents. I wish we were all back in Scotland.

Sorry if I've spent half an hour rambling on about the wrong things :laugh:. I'm not sure if that was what you were asking me.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2108 on: November 28, 2010, 06:31:35 PM »
Thanks for the response Butterflies.  I know these are hard times for a lot of countries and their folks.  And I fear it will get worse before it gets better.  Fear and uncertainty often brings out the worse in people.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2109 on: November 28, 2010, 07:06:14 PM »
Thanks for the response Butterflies.  I know these are hard times for a lot of countries and their folks.  And I fear it will get worse before it gets better.  Fear and uncertainty often brings out the worse in people.

Indeed...why are you in Ireland now, Butterflies? Any plans for the bunch of you to move back to Scotland?
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #2110 on: November 28, 2010, 07:11:23 PM »
Angry gamers on youtube.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2111 on: November 28, 2010, 07:17:38 PM »
videos of bagpipe music on Youtube.

Found out that bagpipes in German is dudelsack.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2112 on: November 28, 2010, 07:54:46 PM »

Indeed...why are you in Ireland now, Butterflies? Any plans for the bunch of you to move back to Scotland?

My aunt is fron N.Ireland and an only child, and she was born into extreme wealth. When she was in her late teens she moved to London to rebel, get away from the troubles, and escape her dickhead parents. It was always expected that she'd return home one day to take over affairs from her parents. My uncle (my dads brother) moved to London around the same time to be a punk, deal drugs, and become a heroine addict. They got together, got married, settled in Scotland, and had my cousin.

Recently my aunts mum developed Dementia, and it was felt that it was the right time for my aunt to return home and spend the last little time with her mum. I've always had a very close relationship with my aunt, uncle, and cousin, and that has caused a lot of resentment with my dad, so I decided to move over with them.

All of us would prefer to be in Scotland, but my aunt and uncle were expected to take over family affairs, but they're both getting old, and are in bad health, so have started to speak to my cousin about him taking things over instead. He doesn't want to do that, so he's started trying to talk me into running things with him. I don't really want to. All of the family interests are in N.Ireland and so we'd really have to stay here to look after things. I really don't see any way for us all to move back to Scotland. I could move back myself, but I'd be all alone. Even my best friend's moved over here, but she likes it and has no plans to move back to Scotland.

It looks like I'm stuck here. It's not all bad. I'm surrounded by all my favourite people, and I am very happy, even if I bitch about living here. It's just, #i'd rather stay in Scotland.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2113 on: November 28, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »

My aunt is fron N.Ireland and an only child, and she was born into extreme wealth. When she was in her late teens she moved to London to rebel, get away from the troubles, and escape her dickhead parents. It was always expected that she'd return home one day to take over affairs from her parents. My uncle (my dads brother) moved to London around the same time to be a punk, deal drugs, and become a heroine addict. They got together, got married, settled in Scotland, and had my cousin.

Recently my aunts mum developed Dementia, and it was felt that it was the right time for my aunt to return home and spend the last little time with her mum. I've always had a very close relationship with my aunt, uncle, and cousin, and that has caused a lot of resentment with my dad, so I decided to move over with them.

All of us would prefer to be in Scotland, but my aunt and uncle were expected to take over family affairs, but they're both getting old, and are in bad health, so have started to speak to my cousin about him taking things over instead. He doesn't want to do that, so he's started trying to talk me into running things with him. I don't really want to. All of the family interests are in N.Ireland and so we'd really have to stay here to look after things. I really don't see any way for us all to move back to Scotland. I could move back myself, but I'd be all alone. Even my best friend's moved over here, but she likes it and has no plans to move back to Scotland.

It looks like I'm stuck here. It's not all bad. I'm surrounded by all my favourite people, and I am very happy, even if I bitch about living here. It's just, #i'd rather stay in Scotland.

Ah, so it is complicated. I don't suppose there is any way of moving the family interests out of Ireland?  :-\
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2114 on: November 28, 2010, 08:10:27 PM »

Ah, so it is complicated. I don't suppose there is any way of moving the family interests out of Ireland?  :-\

None :( Too many local businesses. TBH it wouldn't be right to try to anyway. Some stuff's been in the family for well over a century.