Educational

Author Topic: What did you do yesterday?  (Read 8832 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What did you do yesterday?
« Reply #450 on: June 03, 2016, 02:37:36 PM »
  Pretty much fuck-all.  :snooze:   Didn't even post on here.
Are you OK?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #451 on: June 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM »
Are you OK?

Yes, just having a couple of lazy days.  :nicegear:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #452 on: June 04, 2016, 02:32:51 PM »

I don't think I did either.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #453 on: June 05, 2016, 01:14:05 AM »
Went to the gym. There were two guys in the area where I do sit-ups. So I didn't do sit-ups.
Went to the shops. They are rebuilding them so most of the small businesses have gone elsewhere. Apparently they will reopen in 2018. The 4 big shops are still trading.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #454 on: June 06, 2016, 11:15:34 PM »
Why not, ren?

As for me, I had a really great day yesterday, absolutely fanfuckingtastic in fact.

My next door neighbors, one of their pairs of folks, not the girl, but her b/f's parents came over from denmark to see them, and they'd got a BBQ going, so I offered to share some steaks, if they'd find space after cooking their own food over the coals for me to toss a couple on for myself, I'd share some more of them with them. They said sure I could, but were quite happy with their own food,  so didn't take the steak offer. Still, were fine with me cooking my own. Hadn't had BBQ for like 15 years or more at least.

So I did buy them some ice-pops, though by way of a small gift. Just a token of my appreciation, and they are nice people anyhow. Came over to join them, and we had a good time. One of the two neighbors themselves, the guy, offered to pull a cold beer out of the fridge for me. I already had beer, but I accepted that, and gave him one of my pint cans so he wasn't out of pocket. His weren't that big,but he didn't realize that or ask for one of mine in return, I just was happy to give him one anyhow, and they shared some of their BBQed bangers with me too, we all had a good time sat round the picnic table, outside in their garden, had a good time chatting and chomping, slapped 6 big juicy prime cuts of beef down on the grill, over the coals and got them sizzling and juicy in no time, compared to frying them as I usually do. Really tasty, did them with a bit of worcestershire sauce and my  special spice mix.

I make my own spice blend, to a personally invented recipe especially for doing steak, and use it sometimes in chili con carne too. (if anyone wants the recipe, its pink peppercorns [Schinus berries, a species of sumac, not a true member of the pepper family nor of the chili tribe, they aren't hot at all, but rather have an aromatic, resinous kind of flavor, a slight bite upon the tongue when one is chewed but its far more oene of flavor than anything having the slightest thing in common with heat or any kind of peppers], black pepper, a modest pinch of sea salt, chili peppers, red, dried, deprived of their internal ribs and seeds if using really fiery ones, the batch I made last just used moderately spicy ones, then there is sczechuan pepper,a chinese spice that comes from  the seed-cases of some oriental plant, I don't know what, having no heat, rather, cooling, icy, slightly menthol like but overall WEIRD effects upon the mouth when chewed whole, a numbing, local anaesthetic-like effect; whilst they really are not very similar at all the closest analogy I could come up with is cardamom, with a more mentholly but not minty effect on the mouth and tongue, mixed with a bit of lidocaine or cocaine, or benzocaine or the like, whilst having no stimulant cocaine like effect if thats the analogy used, merely the local anaesthetic effects...strange weird fuckers, oddest spice I've ever had dealings with. Then there are a few cubebs, Piper cubeba, deprived of their stalks, these are a true member of the pepper family, and lastly but not at all leastly, the two most important ingredients being peppery boletus (Chalciporus piperatus) and the fly agaric mushroom, this one is poisonous unless prepared correctly, by curing it in the oven over the lowest flame possible overnight, propping the door open to permit the evaporation and escape of moisture, the mushrooms are best stripped of stalk and gills as the former is tough and not so tasty at all as the caps, the valued part, and the gills contain a lot of moisture so it helps avoid them getting sloppy etc. Dry on baking foil sheets on trays turning every so often to make sure escaping juices get recirculated upon to the mushroom caps again. the gills can be removed best by slicing lengthways along the axis from cap edge to stalk with a sharp blade, removing the bulk of them, I then even them up by scraping sidewaysuntl the result is the cap tissue, after first scraping off the warts from the veil. The peppery boletes are not toxic, and grow as parasites upon the subterranean mycelium of the fly agaric, and so can be found often when one finds fly agaric:)

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #455 on: June 07, 2016, 05:21:33 AM »
@Lestat - I would rather do my sit-ups alone than in the proximity of two men.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #456 on: July 22, 2016, 06:52:37 PM »
Worked in an attic way too long
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #457 on: July 22, 2016, 06:55:24 PM »

It's days like these that I feel for roofers, road crews and people who have to go into attics!   :zombiefuck:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #458 on: July 23, 2016, 02:12:13 AM »

It's days like these that I feel for roofers, road crews and people who have to go into attics!   :zombiefuck:

:indeed:

I spent 30 minutes or so in our attic the other day, installing a router. It was more than enough for a lifetime. :zombiefuck:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #459 on: August 03, 2016, 07:45:45 AM »
Ren...how about just one ;) teehee...thats certainly something I could admire:)

As for me...workup, workup, workup.

And more sodding workup. I hate post-rxn cleanup duty, it sucks.

Read a research journal article that implies what I got was not methamphetamine, but a mixture of a symmetrical diether whereby pseudoephedrine dehydrated and condensed with a second molecule of pfed losing the beta-OH and linking up as an ether of pfed with pfed. The other secondary product if there was much formed will be pseudo, minus the beta-OH, having eliminated to the beta-gamma alkene.

Intriguingly it appears that at least one of these compounds is indeed an active psychostimulant, as confirmed by yours truly, by means of biological activity in-vivo. Tested some, quick and dirty extraction into aqueous phase, plugged after basing to neutral-slightly basic. w/ sodium bicarbonate. Results seem positive although only one trial has been performed thus far. Had 8 hours to kill before picking up a repeat prescription, so my bad knee was aching something bastardly. Taking unreacted feedstock would have made me ill, miserable and overloaded, but this did not happen, instead that 8 hours FLEW by, redosed a smaller amount a couple of hours before I had to go out, and DAMN, I was flying wired, bouncing off the walls.

So it seems like despite the different outcome to what was sought (I.e reduction of the feedstock to meth) it nevertheless is not a loss afterall, which I'm quite pleased about, especially since I sank a bit more than a half ounce of pseudo into the reaction.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #460 on: August 03, 2016, 11:33:26 AM »
worked
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #461 on: August 03, 2016, 06:19:12 PM »
Spent the day listening to talks while preparing my presentation. This one was my most well-prepared in a while--I've done the whole presentation about a dozen time during breaks and in the hotel room.

Also went to a birthday party--the SGML standard that is the foundation of WWW was finalised 30 years ago. Lots of old and grumpy markup geeks were present. :)

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #462 on: August 04, 2016, 01:46:02 PM »
Well today I hope to finally get round to finishing up the workup on that bisulfite attempted reduction of PFED. Needs doing, and I want to get the goods crystallizing so I can both run chemical and chromatographic analyses upon the result, plus proper known-dose bioassays.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #463 on: August 16, 2016, 12:58:26 PM »
  Worked, and did daffy things that showed the frazzled state of my brain after 13 straight days
  working with my moody, sarcastic, negative, petty-minded boss.  Went looking all around
  the front of the kitchen for the box of plastic wrap that was literally right in front of me.  :autism: 
  Ditzy stuff like that.  It wasn't the schedule, so much as the stress of trying to get everything done
  in a limited time frame while seething over snide remarks and eyerolls that my boss already forgot.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #464 on: August 18, 2016, 06:36:46 PM »
He's a cunt about it, but *I* think your cute.