Author Topic: What did you do yesterday?  (Read 8833 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What did you do yesterday?
« Reply #270 on: October 13, 2014, 05:29:42 AM »
got my chores done on Saturday, just relaxed on Sunday

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #271 on: October 15, 2014, 11:09:37 PM »
Translated a four-page product leaflet from English to Swedish.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #272 on: October 16, 2014, 05:02:09 AM »
What's a LAC?
Local Area Coordinator. She works for the Disability Services Commission. Each LAC covers a part of the town/city where I live and provides services for those with disabilities.

Shortly after I started receiving services, the DSC changed it so that only autistics with intellectual disabilities as well could receive services from them. So they don't have many people like me on their books any more.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2014, 11:22:55 PM »
Worked. Bought cake for my son's birthday (which is today). Fed the family. Dog-sat my favourite puppy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #274 on: October 17, 2014, 12:34:10 AM »
I pulled about three thousand five hundred movie and TV titles from our sales floor, yesterday.

Place looks like a ghost town. But, I have forty something really large boxes of movies to bring to the floor AND SOON, I hope. I am just exhausted!

Not sure if I mentioned that I am no longer the warehouse/inventory control guru.
I have changed jobs. I am now the media guru, CDs, movies, games. All my worries ...

This will be better!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #275 on: October 17, 2014, 01:32:30 AM »
Worked. Bought cake for my son's birthday (which is today). Fed the family. Dog-sat my favourite puppy.

Happy BD,
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2014, 12:49:31 AM »
I met my parents at the shops, they came all the way from Collie. Had a coffee with them and my aunty and uncle, was really nice. Then went with my parents to shop for shoes, (them, not me). My mum found some really cool black and purple sneakers (we were in a sports shop). Then we went for a long drive to find a replica of the house they are building. It was the same, except mirror image. My mum has also made a few changes to the plan (why would a linen cupboard need a window?) and I like it. Just a shame they live so far away.

We then went to Subway and I had a salad roll (no meat) which is unusual for me but what I felt like. Then my parents took me back to where my car was parked (at the shops) and we said goodbye. I hope to see them again when my uni exams are over.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2014, 01:00:55 AM »
I pulled about three thousand five hundred movie and TV titles from our sales floor, yesterday.

Place looks like a ghost town. But, I have forty something really large boxes of movies to bring to the floor AND SOON, I hope. I am just exhausted!

Not sure if I mentioned that I am no longer the warehouse/inventory control guru.
I have changed jobs. I am now the media guru, CDs, movies, games. All my worries ...

This will be better!

:2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2014, 03:14:26 AM »
Did a lot of cleaning around the house. Had house guests. Self-medicated to handle the social anxiety that resulted.

Although some of the people are OK, I have to say. Had some laughs, too.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #279 on: November 02, 2014, 12:11:14 AM »

This will be better!

:2thumbsup:

Thank you, for that.

Not sure if any of you know that about six weeks ago, I was still heavy lifting despite my doctor/surgeon's wishes and we both feel that such has stalled my recovery from earlier surgery to replace my hip joint with a prosthesis joint.

(One would have to be desperate and in constant pain to do this! I was.)

These days, my job only requires lifting small boxes of CDs and  DVDs. Not so much torture on this old man.

Everyone tells me that they would HATE to have to do my job, but they just do not get it.
NOW, I basically live in my own "little" world and most of the time I am left alone to do the  best I can at more brainwork than lifting and shuffling huge things around.

I do OK at brain work. I can read many times more easily and more quickly that most people I have encountered.
I will do fine in this new position, assuming, of course, that I am continually left alone to actually do my work.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #280 on: November 02, 2014, 03:17:31 AM »
I didn't do a lot, yesterday. Nurtured a headache and watched a couple of House episodes.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #281 on: November 03, 2014, 03:12:17 AM »
Got through.

Depression in the house makes that sometimes all we seem to achieve is to get through the day.

In actions; made a really short bike trip with one daughter, her hip is recovering nicely, some movement is needed. Worked a bit in garden with other girl, and went for a longer bike trip with her. Cooked a nice meal.

In the mean time, tempered outbursts, motivated, told off, hugged, tried to keep things calm. Succeeded a bit.

Best bit, got girl to remove a silly game from her pad, that enraged her more and more every time she played it. She was relieved when she got rid of it.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #282 on: November 03, 2014, 02:18:41 PM »
Got through.

Depression in the house makes that sometimes all we seem to achieve is to get through the day.

In actions; made a really short bike trip with one daughter, her hip is recovering nicely, some movement is needed. Worked a bit in garden with other girl, and went for a longer bike trip with her. Cooked a nice meal.

In the mean time, tempered outbursts, motivated, told off, hugged, tried to keep things calm. Succeeded a bit.

Best bit, got girl to remove a silly game from her pad, that enraged her more and more every time she played it. She was relieved when she got rid of it.

All in all an accomplished day.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #283 on: November 04, 2014, 12:14:56 AM »
I spent the day at the office, accomplishing very little.
Fed the family.
Watched House.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #284 on: November 05, 2014, 09:48:48 PM »
Read a few things about the horses in the Melbourne Cup which was on Tuesday. Took Ceilidh to therapy. Came home and rang my mum and had a nice long talk with her. Picked Ceilidh up. Got a phone call about seeing a psych on the 18th which is at the same place Ceilidh goes. I am wondering what it will be about.
Tek'ma'tae