Educational

Author Topic: What did you do yesterday?  (Read 8836 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What did you do yesterday?
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2014, 10:35:16 PM »
Argued with a cyclist who had followed me all the way home because I had dared to honk at him. Poor thing.
Didn't know cyclist got road rage. Have only ever had one person follow me home; that was really creepy. Turned around and followed me, due to being flipped off by a five year old. Followed me home to confront parent and child and demand the spanking he felt was in order. Pointed out that he had just followed a woman alone with two small children to their home in the middle of freaking nowhere, in order to confront with suggestions of violence, and my husband might have a different of opinion as to who required the spanking in that context. He left.

Bloody hell.  :zombiefuck:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2014, 10:36:08 PM »
Argued with a cyclist who had followed me all the way home because I had dared to honk at him. Poor thing.

I always honk at cyclists when I approach from behind them. It is for their own safety that I make them aware that I am about to "run them over" for obstructing legitimate traffic; traffic which actually pays with taxes to build and maintain the streets those cyclists THINK they own.

I know, the great majority of cyclists also drive cars, but then, let me insist that while these cyclist, who assume they have a legitimate right to use our streets ALSO follow traffic laws while they are riding and obstructing the lanes they supposedly shared in paying for.

How many times have you seen a cyclist go ripping through a stop light with no regard for the law? I often honk at those guys, too.
 :police:

It is my experience that many cyclists follow traffic laws rather selectively.

So do motorists. :icequeen:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2014, 10:39:24 PM »

I always honk at cyclists when I approach from behind them. It is for their own safety that I make them aware that I am about to "run them over" for obstructing legitimate traffic; traffic which actually pays with taxes to build and maintain the streets those cyclists THINK they own.

I know, the great majority of cyclists also drive cars, but then, let me insist that while these cyclist, who assume they have a legitimate right to use our streets ALSO follow traffic laws while they are riding and obstructing the lanes they supposedly shared in paying for.

How many times have you seen a cyclist go ripping through a stop light with no regard for the law? I often honk at those guys, too.

Keen cyclist, are you? :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2014, 10:42:05 PM »
  Yesterday I did a big load of   :laundry:   and de-hoarded some more!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2014, 10:46:37 PM »

Keen cyclist, are you? :zoinks:

Things are dull, and I see a flaw in DD's logic, unless he claims to follow all traffic laws all of the time.

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2014, 10:50:16 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2242003/Arrogant-abusive-oh-smug--cyclists-think-theyre-law.html

Melanie Phillips has her own RationalWiki page. :rollingpin:

???

It's a terrific article, though.

I wrote one about cyclists the other day, btw, after my little encounter. It was published yesterday.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2014, 11:27:48 PM »
Did hardly use my bike, yesterday.

My country has an infrastructure fit for lots of biking. Racer bikes and elderly speed devils on electrical bikes can be a big problem when the weather gets a bit better though. There are thoughts on changing the infrastructure because of this. Wonder if that will happen.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2014, 11:29:50 PM »

My country has an infrastructure fit for lots of biking. Racer bikes and elderly speed devils on electrical bikes can be a big problem when the weather gets a bit better though. There are thoughts on changing the infrastructure because of this. Wonder if that will happen.

I'd like to think that ours is reasonably good, too. The problem here is that the racer bikes seem to think they own the roads.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2014, 11:41:35 PM »

I'd like to think that ours is reasonably good, too. The problem here is that the racer bikes seem to think they own the roads.

About ten percent of them seem to behave like morons indeed. Only caring about speed, so proud of their powerful image that they do not even want a bell on their bike, because it ads to the weight.

Other kings of the road are the cyclists who cannot make it without electrical support, and with electrical support they feel themselves to be the emperors of the road. The newer versions of those bikes go bloody fast, with drivers having no idea how to deal with that speed relatively slow bicycle lanes.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2014, 02:46:15 AM »
I seem to have generated quite a stir in the local paper. The article tops the most read list.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2014, 02:47:16 AM »
Me and a friend had a couple of beers while reassembling my projector.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2014, 04:31:04 AM »
Went to a few tag sales
Cleaned up the back of the van
Worked on an ancient  lawn mower I am trying to fix to replace my dieing one
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2014, 08:29:24 AM »
  I had lunch with a friend who will turn 71 on Monday.  I brought a festive chocolate cream pie from the store.  8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"