Educational

Author Topic: Original Members  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Original Members
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2014, 10:05:37 PM »
This news changes things. I want his retort and wtf is up with VV? If she was close to him, how could she allow this to happen and then just disappear? 

Probably way more info than any of us need, TBH.

I SUXXORS as a "friend."   I had no idea that this shit had happened.
I was in my own little world, trying to keep afloat.

Ain't gonna happen here since he's banned. I haven't had contact with either of them since Dunc took down his forum. If there's another side to that story, I don't know it... but it was years ago.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2014, 11:41:11 PM »
Wasn't Peter one of the original members? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2014, 11:43:25 PM »

He joined on 2 April.  I just listed the 1 April members.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2014, 11:45:31 PM »

I should have looked it up.

I suppose we should actually count in anyone who was a member of the original Intensity among the original members here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2014, 01:07:06 AM »
This news changes things. I want his retort and wtf is up with VV? If she was close to him, how could she allow this to happen and then just disappear? 

Ain't gonna happen here since he's banned. I haven't had contact with either of them since Dunc took down his forum. If there's another side to that story, I don't know it... but it was years ago.
I was under the impression it was an action of Pea on his own, seeking revenge for seeing a friend hurt. Something he could not let go.
For the rest, he was really laid back, on the Drivel.
VV disappeared, not for bad reasons, IIRC before this action of Pea. But, my memory may be failing me.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2014, 10:22:30 PM »

I thought so, but as I said before, I came in about six months later.

WTF even happened to PeterMcK?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2014, 10:52:57 PM »
Dunno. I miss him and his highlands and lizards.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2014, 11:28:07 PM »
Dunno. I miss him and his highlands and lizards.

What about his curls? What about his insight. What about his bravery. What about his intelligence?

I am actually worried about his health, tbh.

I have known too many who were so healthy in their early twenties and then just ...... not sure that I want to say it outright ...... faded away.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:15:21 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2014, 11:28:35 PM »
I miss Peter, too.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2014, 11:33:08 PM »

Years do not separate one from the truth of  ones actions.

:flyingbat:
"The Rescue Bat approaches"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2014, 11:43:58 PM »

I should have looked it up.

I suppose we should actually count in anyone who was a member of the original Intensity among the original members here.

... even if it took a few days to find the new site?

Right!

I do not belong, but most certainly Peter does.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2014, 11:56:42 PM »
The original Intensity generated a fair bit of drama and so some people held off joining the new site, me included. I was new at the whole spazz board thing back then and so didn't consider joining until the site had already been taken down.

When I2 was started, I lurked a couple of days before joining, wondering if that same drama would be repeated.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2014, 12:10:17 AM »
The original Intensity generated a fair bit of drama and so some people held off joining the new site, me included. I was new at the whole spazz board thing back then and so didn't consider joining until the site had already been taken down.

When I2 was started, I lurked a couple of days before joining, wondering if that same drama would be repeated.

Never heard of Isquared until PG invited me here.

I am certain that he wanted to have me here so as to make a mockery of me, but he underestimated me, over and over again. I held my own against his wind of shit.

I found "friends" here.   ... and some enemies. (I posted fairly ugly stuff against a few members at first. LOL).  Unfortunately, my "best friend" turned out to be a Ceasar type (remember?) and quite "tricksy"  as Gollum says.  Took me a bit of time to accept  him as a "friend" again, after all that.

I am now talking about three or so years after the beginning of ISquared, once "we".decided to allow anyone to be an admin.  WTF were we thinking?

:asthing:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2014, 12:16:03 AM »
The main problem with our democracy experiment was that the board became a board about how to run a board. Plus, of course, that people wanted an admin spot so they could generate new drama.

Nothing wrong with either, but it's not what this place was supposed to be about, IIRC.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2014, 01:01:40 AM »
The main problem with our democracy experiment was that the board became a board about how to run a board. Plus, of course, that people wanted an admin spot so they could generate new drama.

Nothing wrong with either, but it's not what this place was supposed to be about, IIRC.
Yup.

I could never claim to know what this place was about, since I am such a late-comer,  but once I arrived, it became a bit more difficult every single day to be rid of me.
 >:D