Educational

Author Topic: I am a grumpy old man IRL  (Read 2825 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: I am a grumpy old man IRL
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2014, 09:27:55 PM »

Well, HELL!!!

I think I burped.

Might have been a fart.

I am not sure yet. Let me wait until I reach Nirvana. Maybe seek both at the same time. I might know the difference upon high.

:LOL:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2014, 11:42:31 PM »
:laugh:

It's hard to tell the difference when you get to be a grumpy old man.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 12:37:51 AM »

It's hard to tell the difference when you get to be a grumpy old man.

Truespeak, indeed!

... but beware; Never trust one lest it be another, yet to be mentioned.

:hide:

... and always keep  clean uhm,  well HELL! always keep everything nearby.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2014, 08:15:35 PM »

I think I burped.

Might have been a fart.

I am not sure yet.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2014, 08:05:45 AM »

Gorda man accused of ramming a shopping cart into another man

By: Lucas Seiler, WBBH

Imagine checking out at the grocery store only to hear the person behind you start counting the number of products you have out loud for everyone to hear.

That's exactly what John Malherbe says happened to him Saturday inside a Punta Gorda Walmart.

Malherbe, who was checking out while riding in an electric scooter due to recent surgeries, says 77-year-old William Galladay not only got too close for comfort, but started screaming at him to move to another register.

"He kept screaming about too many groceries and stuff… I'm like, what?" Malherbe said.

Malherbe was in a 20 or less check-out lane -- he says he had 22 items.

Deputies say when Malherbe didn't change lanes, Galladay came running at him with his shopping cart and slammed into him multiple times.

"I think it was the shock of… what? Are you serious? And I kept asking my wife, what?" said Malherbe.

The collision caused bruising and swelling -- and Malherbe couldn't get up to do anything about it.

An off-duty officer just happened to see it all -- the deputy restrained Galladay right as he was gesturing both fists at Malherbe.

"He was not going to quit..." Malherbe said.

He was able to gather his groceries after that and leave. Galladay, on the other hand, didn't make it out with his three items.

Deputies took him to the Charlotte County Jail for battering an elderly person

Link
 :zoinks:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:49:05 PM by Parts »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2014, 08:51:54 AM »
Sounds fair....he should have put two back ;)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2014, 09:22:01 AM »
Tend to be in a zone and don't even notice other people when shopping, but inevitably someone will snap me out of it, wanting to talk to me; not sure why this is so. Sometimes it's a grumpy old man talking to me, and then I don't mind so much. :) Old men are good, and grumpy is simply their nature.

Grumpy old men love jacks.  It ain't no lie.

:oldman:  Well hello there!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 04:49:07 PM »
Tend to be in a zone and don't even notice other people when shopping, but inevitably someone will snap me out of it, wanting to talk to me; not sure why this is so. Sometimes it's a grumpy old man talking to me, and then I don't mind so much. :) Old men are good, and grumpy is simply their nature.

Grumpy old men love jacks.  It ain't no lie.

:oldman:  Well hello there!

Am very approachable by strangers for some reason; not sure why. It's not only the old men; they're simply the tolerable ones.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2014, 11:59:04 PM »
I hate it when people approach me. I'm very grumpy that way.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2014, 06:36:57 PM »
I hate it when people approach me. I'm very grumpy that way.

Me too.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 08:56:36 PM »
Imagine working in a place where you are required to wear the same outfit that all the sales people wear, as a uniform.

Anyone, any random stranger, at any time can single you out while you are actually doing some more brilliant part of TEH larger part of the overall job (I actually work in Inventory Control - this is quite a lot more important, demanding and difficult than hustling someone out the fuccking door with as much shit as they can carry.) which most who wear the uniform could NOT even begin to accomplish. 

Then you are distracted to infinity while you have to get some lame-ass punk who does NOT want to be called to work has to stumble over and (thankfully) relieve you from this horrible stranger who just keeps talking to you, even though you have said five times that someone who can help them is coming, soon!

:hair:

I am much better off staying in MY warehouse. I HATE venturing into the "dunes,"  (I call it because of the un-even lighting makes one section seem higher than others) dealing with strangers who ALL have questions about the most inane bullshit.

"No, I can not tell you why you can not connect your computer to your camera or why you can not log in to your network or why your software does not do what you thought it would or why your card is expired or why it is so hard to choose between the seventy or eighty speakers we offer for you stupid computer or your  ... --- ... "

FUCK!!!

After just ONE day, I almost start drinking again.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2014, 10:38:32 PM »
 :flyingbat:
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2014, 11:11:28 PM »
Imagine working in a place where you are required to wear the same outfit that all the sales people wear, as a uniform.

Anyone, any random stranger, at any time can single you out while you are actually doing some more brilliant part of TEH larger part of the overall job (I actually work in Inventory Control - this is quite a lot more important, demanding and difficult than hustling someone out the fuccking door with as much shit as they can carry.) which most who wear the uniform could NOT even begin to accomplish. 

Then you are distracted to infinity while you have to get some lame-ass punk who does NOT want to be called to work has to stumble over and (thankfully) relieve you from this horrible stranger who just keeps talking to you, even though you have said five times that someone who can help them is coming, soon!

:hair:

I am much better off staying in MY warehouse. I HATE venturing into the "dunes,"  (I call it because of the un-even lighting makes one section seem higher than others) dealing with strangers who ALL have questions about the most inane bullshit.

"No, I can not tell you why you can not connect your computer to your camera or why you can not log in to your network or why your software does not do what you thought it would or why your card is expired or why it is so hard to choose between the seventy or eighty speakers we offer for you stupid computer or your  ... --- ... "

FUCK!!!

After just ONE day, I almost start drinking again.

Oh, you were the guy we talked to yesterday.  Sorry.

Yes, I am that BestBuy customer simply because I am ungeeky to the max.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2014, 11:26:43 PM »

Yes, am very fortunate in that regard at work.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2014, 11:38:30 PM »

Yes, am very fortunate in that regard at work.

So, are you saying that you can work inconito and NO ONE knows that you work there as you do your work??

That would be awesome.